I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Denial isnt just a river in Egypt. :):

Yup. Aint this fun.

I may have, as many do, some opinions beliefs and leanings that cross over into the Libertarians game book and trust me my brother politics is a game book. But hell man I have a few that might put me in the lefts book as well. We all walk a path carved through this stormy life with our hard work and life's experiences.

Nope. I might eat your cookies while I listen to your views but when the cookies are all gone and I am making my way home..............I am still me. My ideas may be slightly altered or at least put to the thought test by what we have shared but I am still me. Just like you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm trying hard to be a good proponent for Rainwater. If he cannot poll well enough to show any possibility of a win when the election is close, NO WAY I will help him split the R vote to risk a D win.

If the polls show Rainwater cannot contend, he should gracefully bail out. That could well seal the deal for him the next run at governor or possibly another office. :twocents:

We remember the six years of Donnelly, right?
    You nominate a turd, you get **** performance. Mourdock couldn’t deal with a simple gotcha question. That’s why we got Donnelly. Andy Horning was not a Republican. He was never compelled to do what’s best for Republicans. That vote happened during a time when many people were experimenting with Libertarianism. It doesn’t make sense to blame that loss on a Libertarian candidate because he wasn’t loyal to Republicans. The loss was obviously on Mourdock. He was ahead in the polls. The debates happened. And then he fell behind in the polls.m

Of course that’s not saying anything about who you should vote for. If you think you might like Rainwater better, but are worried more that voting for him might cause the Democrats to win, that’s fine. You do you. But other people get to vote however they want too. They don’t have to have the same worries that you have.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You nominate a turd, you get **** performance. Mourdock couldn’t deal with a simple gotcha question. That’s why we got Donnelly. Andy Horning was not a Republican. He was never compelled to do what’s best for Republicans. That vote happened during a time when many people were experimenting with Libertarianism. It doesn’t make sense to blame that loss on a Libertarian candidate because he wasn’t loyal to Republicans. The loss was obviously on Mourdock. He was ahead in the polls. The debates happened. And then he fell behind in the polls.m

Of course that’s not saying anything about who you should vote for. If you think you might like Rainwater better, but are worried more that voting for him might cause the Democrats to win, that’s fine. You do you. But other people get to vote however they want too. They don’t have to have the same worries that you have.

We had 6 years of Donnelly not because of Andy Horning or Mourdock's ill advised honesty but because a sufficient number of milquetoast "republicans" couldn't get over getting their feelings hurt when that POS Lugar lost in the primary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We had 6 years of Donnelly not because of Andy Horning or Mourdock's ill advised honesty but because a sufficient number of milquetoast "republicans" couldn't get over getting their feelings hurt when that POS Lugar lost in the primary.

Ding ding ding.........:woot:

Horning and Mourdock were part of this equation but the Luger thing was so long over due.
    I remember he hear cried when he got the boot. Said all he ever did was take care of his people.....:bs:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ding ding ding.........:woot:

Horning and Mourdock were part of this equation but the Luger thing was so long over due.
    I remember he hear cried when he got the boot. Said all he ever did was take care of his people.....:bs:

He wasnt lying. He took good care of HIS people... the ones that would reciprocate with favors to enrich him personally.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Mourdock had a lead going into the debate. His lead shrank after the debate. That's a pretty good indicator the debate had a lot to do with it. Mourdock ****ed himself.

But as far as blaming the "milquetoast 'republicans'" because an election didn't go as you wanted, they are what they are. I suppose many of them may have been willing to hold their noses and vote for him, but then after his debate performance, they may not have had a large enough cloths pin.

I really don't understand this expectation that Republicans must all have the same values. People are pretty diverse. Political parties work like pigeonholes. People usually sort into which one bests represents their values/interests. You may not like that some people with more moderate values than yours have sorted themselves into the same pigeonhole you did, but that's the way it is. You can't make people have all your values. About all you can do is convince them to support your way on the issues you feel are important. I'm also frustrated that Braun won; at least it wasn't Donnelly, but I'm not totally sure Braun is a lot better. But there are enough moderate Republicans in Indiana that he beat out the more conservative candidates. Sux, but that's life in a diverse world where not everyone shares my values. But I'm not gonna blame them for not being just like me.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm trying hard to be a good proponent for Rainwater. If he cannot poll well enough to show any possibility of a win when the election is close, NO WAY I will help him split the R vote to risk a D win.

If the polls show Rainwater cannot contend, he should gracefully bail out. That could well seal the deal for him the next run at governor or possibly another office. :twocents:

We remember the six years of Donnelly, right?

If you received a poll call, who would you say you intend to vote for? I'm just guessing, but probably Holcomb. Is that correct? If so how would Rainwater poll well enough if enough people who would vote for him if he polled well enough, answer Holcomb because they don't believe he can win?

Again, the governor's office possesses no veto power and no legislative power in this state.

It has veto powers, see SEA 148 as an example. Specifically the actions for such.
    Senate Bill 148 - Zoning and housing matters - Indiana General Assembly, 2020 Session

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If I answered unidentified telephone calls, I'd say Rainwater.

We've got some time before the election. If your average Indiana republican does not know Rainwater's name within a couple weeks of the election, he doesn't have a chance. If Rainwater is not be discussed as a real contender by local news, he doesn't have a chance.

All of this could happen, but we need to get to talking...

A lot of the reason we ended up with Donnelly was the successful dogpiling from the news media (we know who owns them, right?) combined with the PC crowd. The Andy Horning Liberaltarians were happy to jump on the dogpile too on the silly thought that it would help them to have some of Mourdock's numbers.

Mourdock, although not as eloquent as he could have been, said nothing that any average pro-lifer doesn't understand. It's not the child's fault who his parents are. :dunno:

Rainwater will need the same surge of public sentiment that Donnelly had to win. If there is enough outrage over Holcomb's actions (and a lot of luck) we might just get there???

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I believe Holcomb just made my mind up to vote for Rainwater. Extended the mask mandate to Oct.17th

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Mourdock had a lead going into the debate. His lead shrank after the debate. That's a pretty good indicator the debate had a lot to do with it. Mourdock ****ed himself.

But as far as blaming the "milquetoast 'republicans'" because an election didn't go as you wanted, they are what they are. I suppose many of them may have been willing to hold their noses and vote for him, but then after his debate performance, they may not have had a large enough cloths pin.

I really don't understand this expectation that Republicans must all have the same values. People are pretty diverse. Political parties work like pigeonholes. People usually sort into which one bests represents their values/interests. You may not like that some people with more moderate values than yours have sorted themselves into the same pigeonhole you did, but that's the way it is. You can't make people have all your values. About all you can do is convince them to support your way on the issues you feel are important. I'm also frustrated that Braun won; at least it wasn't Donnelly, but I'm not totally sure Braun is a lot better. But there are enough moderate Republicans in Indiana that he beat out the more conservative candidates. Sux, but that's life in a diverse world where not everyone shares my values. But I'm not gonna blame them for not being just like me.

I'm not saying Mourdock's stumble did not play a part because it did, if nothing else as a convenient excuse, but it wouldn't have been enough to matter if more of the Lugar supporters could have gotten over their hurt feelings.

Who expects Republicans to all have the same values? It would be nice though, if they all had the same goal like, oh, I don't know, keeping Democrats out of office! Is it really too much to ask that people treat voting as a serious responsibility instead of an opportunity to throw a tantrum over candidate X or position Y?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not saying Mourdock's stumble did not play a part because it did, if nothing else as a convenient excuse, but it wouldn't have been enough to matter if more of the Lugar supporters could have gotten over their hurt feelings.

Who expects Republicans to all have the same values? It would be nice though, if they all had the same goal like, oh, I don't know, keeping Democrats out of office! Is it really too much to ask that people treat voting as a serious responsibility instead of an opportunity to throw a tantrum over candidate X or position Y?

You think they voted the way they did because of hurt feelings? :faint:

Has it occurred to you that they might not have voted for Mourdock more because of him and the policies he proposed? Maybe it's something you don't understand about moderates. Keeping the other side out of office is not their highest priority. And just because they arrived at a different choice than the one you made isn't evidence that they didn't take voting as a serious responsibility. It's like this whole thread conversation. The people who are talking about not voting for Rainwater are being accused of not taking it seriously. It's not that at all. Keeping democrats out of the Governor's office isn't the highest priority. Maybe you think it should be. But that's where your values differ. Doesn't make yours objectively better.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I believe Holcomb just made my mind up to vote for Rainwater. Extended the mask mandate to Oct.17th

Single issue voting, huh? Other than masks and social distancing, general business and gathering restrictions end in two days. If we end up with Myers, masking will be the least of our problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom