• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    If nothing else, a pile of votes for Rainwater might be a noticed power ripple--it might take a few more elections, but as people start to realize the need to bring in a third party and start to elect new lettered people into office, the Ds and Rs might realize the need to figure out why they're losing their mojo and do some needed reforms, together, since the enemy of my enemy is also my enemy in this case.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    However it just loaded...

As an IT guy its called "Server overload". He's getting so much press and interest, I suspect its taking the web server down intermittently due to overload. (or *adjusts tinfoil hat* the GOP is attacking the server to suppress him :):)

C'mon Churchmouse... come to the dark side. We have cookies. :):

But seriously. Keep an eye out for his rallies. Go to one. Go talk to him. Its not like he's a major party where underlings will deflect and prevent you from interacting with him. Go look him in the eye and ask your questions. That's the beauty of Libertarian candidates. you can do it easily.
    Hell, I'll join you!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As an IT guy its called "Server overload". He's getting so much press and interest, I suspect its taking the web server down intermittently due to overload. (or *adjusts tinfoil hat* the GOP is attacking the server to suppress him :):)

C'mon Churchmouse... come to the dark side. We have cookies. :):

My brothers I am Leary of something that on the outside appears to good to be true. But I will stick around to watch this unfold if I can have a cookie.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My brothers I am Leary of something that on the outside appears to good to be true. But I will stick around to watch this unfold if I can have a cookie.

Just for giggles. Take this quiz. Its not definitive, but might open your eyes a bit. Not a prank as one coworker claimed. it really charts your rough political leanings accurately. (I had a coworker who claimed she was a proud 3rd gen dem boasting about voting for Obama. She took it and couldnt believe her personal beliefs actually didnt align with the dems. She actually protested and claimed it was a scam that gave the same results regardless of answers)

https://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just for giggles. Take this quiz. Its not definitive, but might open your eyes a bit. Not a prank as one coworker claimed. it really charts your rough political leanings accurately. (I had a coworker who claimed she was a proud 3rd gen dem boasting about voting for Obama. She took it and couldnt believe her personal beliefs actually didnt align with the dems. She actually protested and claimed it was a scam that gave the same results regardless of answers)

https://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/

OK I took it but no I am not a libertarian. They have a few idiotic notions that pi$$ me off. Test sucks.
    I believe in the series of documents that got this whole show rolling.
    I take my SS because I paid into that mess since I was 14 years old with my work permit in hand.
    I hate the medical they force on us.
    Close the borders.
    I could go on but hey, I want my cookie.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    However it just loaded...

OK I took it but no I am not a libertarian. They have a few idiotic notions that pi$$ me off. Test sucks.
    I believe in the series of documents that got this whole show rolling.
    I take my SS because I paid into that mess since I was 14 years old with my work permit in hand.
    I hate the medical they force on us.
    Close the borders.
    I could go on but hey, I want my cookie.

But where did the test put you? I score personal 70 economic 80. But I agree... SS is there and you contributed so collect... Libertarians arent pushing to take that ACTUAL entitlement away. Open borders is ridiculous with the current benefits. its not an all or nothing.

Dont get hung up on the label. you can be a libertarian minded individual without being an all in (crazy) AnCap Libertarian. (note the big vs little L) And many Libertarian candidates are nuttier than a fruitcake. So I choose the next lesser evil and pull the R lever. (as long as the incumbent R hasnt shown his ass)

Edit: I suspect you are more libertarian than you realize. Most open minded old school Republicans I know are really libertarian minded. doesn't mean you want to open the borders and legalize all drugs and eliminate all taxes.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    All politicians tell us what we want to hear.

Anyway, don't take that as an endorsement of Rainwater. It was just something I found by way of introduction to who he is.

Thanks you. And I say this with all due respect but that is well written of course. It is exactly what we all "Want" to hear.
    If he gets the seat what can he actually do to enact any of this. These guys (maybe not him) are all beholden to people we never see.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But where did the test put you? I score personal 70 economic 80. But I agree... SS is there and you contributed so collect... Libertarians arent pushing to take that ACTUAL entitlement away. Open borders is ridiculous with the current benefits. its not an all or nothing.

Dont get hung up on the label. you can be a libertarian minded individual without being an all in (crazy) AnCap Libertarian. (note the big vs little L) And many Libertarian candidates are nuttier than a fruitcake. So I choose the next lesser evil and pull the R lever. (as long as the incumbent R hasnt shown his ass)

Edit: I suspect you are more libertarian than you realize. Most open minded old school Republicans I know are really libertarian minded. doesn't mean you want to open the borders and legalize all drugs and eliminate all taxes.

I scored 70/60 respectively.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Most open minded old school Republicans I know are really libertarian minded. doesn't mean you want to open the borders and legalize all drugs and eliminate all taxes.

I agree with what he's saying. I want the most freedom possible and want government to be as small as possible. Also... I want a closed and secure border. Give me a wall, because they work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with what he's saying. I want the most freedom possible and want government to be as small as possible. Also... I want a closed and secure border. Give me a wall, because they work.

I want a wall. With guns.
    Dealing with these :poop: refugees that are being "Placed" here I am over them. Completely.
    Tax me to keep the roads (:lmfao:) in good enough shape I don't have to play dodge the basement when I am driving, run the needed infrastructure, keep our borders secure and a sound and active military. Schools, man don't get me started.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Words. Crafted to catch your ear and your mind. He has no history. Nothing to base these words against.

Things I was told in my youth by my 8th grade educated Grandfather,

Look at a politicians Voting record and not what they tell you boy...
    Nothing happens in politics by accident boy, everything was planned..

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Personally, I'm more than willing to give him credit for being who he presents himself to be and much of that is good. However, this quote from his website should scare the hell out of anyone with any sense:

Ballot Initiatives, Referendums, and Recalls

As your Governor, I will work with members of the General Assembly to enact legislation establishing ballot initiatives, referendums, and recalls in the State of Indiana. These three processes will go a long way toward reaffirming government in Indiana Of The People, By The People, and For The People.
    For more information about ballot initiatives, referendums, and recalls, visit the National Conference of State Legislatures at www.ncsl.org.

Ballot initiatives and referendums are bad, bad ideas. In addition to the well documented use of such as ways to curtail 2A rights, they pose similar and significant risk in other areas not to mention being a costly distraction. That is a lot of risk just for a backdoor way to legalize pot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Those are beliefs. Not facts.

the fact is and will always be that if Holcomb gets more than 50.0% of the vote he wins. If he doesn't he can lose.

Indiana governor election 2016

Republican (Holcomb) gets 51.4% of the vote. Democrat gets 45.4% of the vote

Let's say those aggregate percentages remain the same, and Rainwater comes on strong to overtake Holcomb

If Rainwater gets 26% of the vote to Holcomb's 25.4%, who becomes governor? Not Rainwater or Holcomb. What you need to ask yourself is, do you think Rainwater can exceed that 50% of the vote you're talking about; or more broadly, which of those two is more likely to exceed 50% of the available vote?

Or more simply, "Do you feel lucky, ..."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just curious... which Governor in America handled there state better than Indiana ? [IMO Kristi Noem, Governor of South Dakota] Second question.... is this COVId and it’s mandate a little shallow on the scale of everything a Gov does? And Last, since we are talking one issue voting without complete political education, do we trade mask mandate hatred for an anti gun governor?

*.*

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Indiana governor election 2016

Republican (Holcomb) gets 51.4% of the vote. Democrat gets 45.4% of the vote

Let's say those aggregate percentages remain the same, and Rainwater comes on strong to overtake Holcomb

If Rainwater gets 26% of the vote to Holcomb's 25.4%, who becomes governor? Not Rainwater or Holcomb. What you need to ask yourself is, do you think Rainwater can exceed that 50% of the vote you're talking about; or more broadly, which of those two is more likely to exceed 50% of the available vote?

Or more simply, "Do you feel lucky, ..."

Ross Peroe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom