• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Alright, let me just ask this: Can you put the view of "perversion" based in logic, no religion. What is it about homosexuality that makes it a "perversion"?

Anal sex is biologically unclean. Lots of bacteria. Not to mention the chance to rip the Anus and require surgery. That is why it isn't the best of ideas of male-female couples to do it, even though from a Biblical standpoint it isn't a sin (assuming the couple is married). The vagina is much stronger than the Anus and is made to receive the penis.

Taking the sex totally out of the picture you essentially just have a loving relationship between two people of the same sex. It don't see any logical problems with this, although there may be some emotional/psychological issues unique to those types of relationships (Thinking roles specifically).

Back on topic though, Dross summed it up best. This is an issue that the Courts have no business being involved in. There is no right to join the United States military, whether gay or straight.

I have no problems with DADT being removed, but at least Congress should be doing it, not the Courts, regardless of how long it takes.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It would normally be a case for the legislative or executive branches. The problem is that they have failed to address it, time and again. Events such as this have happened before, where the courts stepped in to correct a breach of rights. Brown vs. Board of Education comes immediately to mind. It ended an egregious policy while congress and the executive dithered. Sometimes Rights won't wait and they need a kick in the ribs that a court is willing to give them. The judge in this case actually delayed implementation of her ruling, in an attempt to give the executive and legislative branches a chance to make things right. They failed and the judge acted.

How did Congress not address it? Leaving it alone IS addressing it, even if it isn't exactly what you want. The Constitution grants the Congress plenary, meaning absolute and total, power to make rules for the military. Brown was based on a Constitutional amendment that specifically was intended to address the inequality of African freedmen and their descendants under state law. The similarity is only in the imagination. Why can those who rant so longly and loudly against "activist judges" and "unconstitutional rulings" change tune so quickly when they like the result?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, you did. But because of your obvious disgust and repulsion and probable aggression on the subject, you were just ignorant of the fact.

Your first premise was that someone who disagreed with DADT didn't have military experience. I pointed out that I disagreed, and I have military experience.

Then you changed your premise and said that it must have something to do with branch of service or MOS. I gave you my military history, and asked you how that supported your new premise. Now you've skirted that refutation.

We just disagree. These attempts to add weight to your point of view with your own personal experience are failing. Just argue the point on its merits. It's not like your position has no merit whatsoever, you just don't have some personal experience or insight that trumps everyone who disagrees.

drosee, I don't think you can fault him for changing his thoughts here. His experience in the military was that he never met a homosexual and therefore believed there were none. He noticed that most of those on the pro homosexual side appeared to have never been in the military. Once you pointed out that you were indeed in the military and knew many homosexuals while in service, he altered his viewpoint and accepted your word for it. If anything you should take that as a compliment.

shibumiseeker may have a point, the homosexuals may have only come out of the closet to those that they fekt were open to their lifestyle during the don't ask don't tell policy. It would certainly make sense. j706 apparently did not come across as being open to the subject of what he views as sodomy so they were not looking to share their lifestyle choices with him.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Hmmm In my fairly long military career I never knew of one single pole smoker. Perhaps a service branch or MOS difference? Homosexuality is wrong on all counts. I don't care what anyone thinks about it. It is as un natural as sticking your hand in a fire. It is disgusting and warped IMO. Your average US soldier or Marine will not tolerate them within their ranks.

THIS GUY MAKES ME SICK.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Let's see if I can really stir up some crap.

While I knew of many homosexuals in the military and never saw a problem relating to their homosexuality, women in the military are another matter.

I think a stronger case can be made for not having women in the military unless they are in segregated units. This opinion is based on my personal experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom