• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Convicted Drug Dealer be Subject to the Death Penalty?

• Total voters

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm all for an expedited death penalty for pedophiles, rapists, drug dealers and murderers. 1 appeal within a reasonable amount of time and if you're still found guilty, smell ya later.

I don't believe prison rehabilitates and honestly, they're a burden on their families.

One of these things is unlike the other. Do you not see the significant difference between one versus the three others?

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What kind of drugs are we talking about? Is a kid caught selling pot in her dorm room going to be executed? Sounds kind of harsh to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do not.

I have not heard of a kid going up to an older person and saying "sexually molest me."
    I have not heard a person walk up to someone and say "forcibly rape me."
    I have not heard of a person asking another to kill them against their wishes

I have heard of, and witnessed, many times over, people approaching others, and asking to sell them drugs.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have NOT heard of a kid going up to an older person and saying "sexually molest me."

I have heard of, and witnessed, many times over, people approaching others, and asking to sell them drugs.
    You missed a not Kut.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I would only support capital punishment for drug dealers on the condition that they could, at the very least, give jail time for driving slow in the left lane.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have not heard of a kid going up to an older person and saying "sexually molest me."

This is spot on. Unless there is murder going on over the drug deals or something of that nature it's hard to see death as the right option. However, I polled unsure. In most instances no, in some maybe.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Unconstitutional. Although I'm not sure why we would expect someone (Trump) who apparently doesn't care about infringing on the 2nd amendment to care about infringing on the 8th. When are we going to realize that prohibition never works? And that the War on Drugs has only resulted in growing the size and power of the .gov intrusion into our lives? To say nothing of the billions of wasted taxpayer dollars.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From a legal standpoint, unless the dealer can be shown to have deliberately added something like fentanyl to heroin in amounts intended solely to cause death; it seems we are talking at most Involuntary Manslaughter (perhaps INGO lawyers will weigh in here with their greater knowledge) and the death penalty would almost never be on the table under existing law

From a Christian standpoint, especially with respect to not administering Narcan, I would find any decision to cut short a life where, if we had not done so, that person may have found salvation is extremely fraught. Many of the victims are hurtling towards death on their own, they don't need our help to die; they need our help to find a reason to live

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Which drug dealers are you going to go after?
    I'm against it but if you're looking for a culprit synthetic opioids kill more people than heroin in this country.
    Legalize the less harmful drugs like weed and psychedelics and see if that curbs some of the appetite for the more harmful ones like opioids and alcohol.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Without too much tongue in cheek in my answer, why not eliminate the drug dealer. The liberals should not have much to disagree with in that statement. My reasoning is that many liberals believe that guns should be eliminated because they are “responsible” for the death of others. In the same vein, it is not the drugs that kill, it is the dealer that supplies them.

Or perhaps my thinking is 180 degrees backwards. Since the drugs kill, perhaps we should outla them. Oh. . . . . . wait.

Top Bottom