• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Convicted Drug Dealer be Subject to the Death Penalty?

• Total voters

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you want to create new laws that will do good in this country then pass a law calling for executions of politicians who betray their oaths to the constitution's.
    No I'm not calling for any harm to come on any current politician so keep your shirts on, however if they passed a law and did it legaly then hey?
    But 95% of politicians are probably dirty rats and would never vote for ANY law that would hold themselves accountable

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    I voted no because there is no direct loss of another's life. I would be far more inclined to vote for the death penalty in situations that do directly cause loss of life that result from someone's controllable actions, such as a drunk or distracted driver causing a fatality.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    History shows that there have always been a large number of people who think that execution is some sort of social engineering tool to improve society in a general sense, rather than a last resort punishment for those who have truly earned it.

History also shows that that line of thinking leads to really dark and nasty places.

But you must admit, the death penalty has and admirably low rate of recidivism

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I voted no. I think stiffer penalties, like take everything you own literally and literally for the rest of your life….plus after that your fined another 100 million $. But how would it ever happen when vast amounts of people want drugs legalized…..? Never happen and most likely the real discussion will be when drugs become legal like in other countries…..sad as it is I'm afraid its going to happen, already has with grass and the tumble weed will roll to all drugs. Meth heads will get dealer license for 50.00 a year.

I don't think that's at all sad, most anyone who doesn't do drugs makes that choice, you're not avoiding meth just because you don't have access.
    That said many a millennial are getting through school with the aid of big pharmas meth formula.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't think that's at all sad, most anyone who doesn't do drugs makes that choice, you're not avoiding meth just because you don't have access.
    That said many a millennial are getting through school with the aid of big pharmas meth formula.

The difference is, I have no concerns about someone who cooks their own meth for personal use. That's their business as far as I see it.

But when they start addicting kids on the street to it, then having kids run it for them and get more people addicted to it, that's when I believe they're committing a crime that is worse than murder.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The difference is, I have no concerns about someone who cooks their own meth for personal use. That's their business as far as I see it.

But when they start addicting kids on the street to it, then having kids run it for them and get more people addicted to it, that's when I believe they're committing a crime that is worse than murder.

I'm sure there are far more kids taking adderall than smoking meth. Are there liquor stores out there pushing booze on kids?
    Any reason to think legalized drugs won't follow the same rules alcohol does?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

The current opiate addiction tidal wave began with pharmaceutical companies marketing end of life cancer drugs to the public with free samples. Purdue Pharmaceuticals was incredibly successful in creating addicts through the doctor's office. The US government was absolutely complicit.

The current treatment for ADD is amphetamines. For kids.

Cocaine is the only one of the big 3 that isn't government/medically sponsored.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I believe natural selection should have a place in human society. Give people a choice. Legalize all drugs on an island that is isolated from the mainland. Allow people to make the choice. If they want to go there, we send them for free. Dealers also get a free ride there. If you stay and are caught, you got o jail for life. Don’t hide the fact that there is no health care on the island. If they choose a life of drugs on the island, they are too far gone or don’t care about the consequences. Let them party until the island is deserted. (I know this is a bit rediculous and would never happen, but I kind of like the idea of personal choice and determin8ng ones own outcome.)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The lunacy of this thread is depressing. Some of these comments I actually find concerning.

I understand. Not many of us are in your shoes.
    But if the drug sub-culture has darkened your life, not from using but those close to you it will put you in a bad place in this concern. It has darkened my and my spouses life. The people I have seen, the things those people are capable of, the total and complete lack of regard for others including their kids has set my attitude and hardened my opinion. The losses both emotionally and financial are huge. My tolerance for alcohol and drug related idiocy is in the negative. Below zero tolerance.

I have the utmost respect for you and others who are out there facing this directly.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I believe natural selection should have a place in human society. Give people a choice. Legalize all drugs on an island that is isolated from the mainland. Allow people to make the choice. If they want to go there, we send them for free. Dealers also get a free ride there. If you stay and are caught, you got o jail for life. Don’t hide the fact that there is no health care on the island. If they choose a life of drugs on the island, they are too far gone or don’t care about the consequences. Let them party until the island is deserted. (I know this is a bit rediculous and would never happen, but I kind of like the idea of personal choice and determin8ng ones own outcome.)

how about personal choice and you get to stay here? Crazy concept. Some people can handle their drug, some can't, no reason to ship off productive individuals that have a drink on the weekend.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The current opiate addiction tidal wave began with pharmaceutical companies marketing end of life cancer drugs to the public with free samples. Purdue Pharmaceuticals was incredibly successful in creating addicts through the doctor's office. The US government was absolutely complicit.

The current treatment for ADD is amphetamines. For kids.

Cocaine is the only one of the big 3 that isn't government/medically sponsored.

Cocaine used to be...

Pharmaceutical Use of Cocaine

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Drug Dealers = Predators taking advantage of the weak minded.

Line em up, shoot em down. :ar15:

I understand that the "libertarian" way is to legalize everything because it's a victimless crime and all that but that's actually wrong and to believe that make you a part of the problem. Just one of so many reasons that I'm not a libertarian.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

I understand that the "libertarian" way is to legalize everything because it's a victimless crime and all that but that's actually wrong and to believe that make you a part of the problem. Just one of so many reasons that I'm not a libertarian.
    If you want to shoot the people responsible for pushing the most drug addiction, you probably need to start with quite a few pharmaceutical execs, quite a few regulators, quite a few elected representatives, and quite a few doctors.

Street dealers are going to be way way way down the list if we are talking about actual numbers of addicts created...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I'm not libertarian or a librarian

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If you want to shoot the people responsible for pushing the most drug addiction, you probably need to start with quite a few pharmaceutical execs, quite a few regulators, quite a few elected representatives, and quite a few doctors.

Street dealers are going to be way way way down the list if we are talking about actual numbers of addicts created...

Whatever it takes to get the job done.

Top Bottom