• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've bought from Ed for as long as he's been in business, and I can guarantee that as long as you're a gentleman, he will treat you like one. Don't be scared off by complaints about how harsh he can be. He is too successful to screw around with people who want to go back-and-forth on prices. My suggestion: shop around at the junk stores in Fort Wayne where thousands of guys handle the guns that are labeled "new" before being bought, call Ed, ask if he can beat whatever price you saw (and don't lie to him, he knows ALL of Indiana's prices), then buy from him. Don't mess around. He and his family are EXTREMELY hard-working and don't tolerate hicks who have nothing better to do than chat in his shop. He will send away anyone who wastes his time. This is by far the best store in Fort Wayne and I'd even say Indiana. Call him elitist, but guess what, if you're not a gentleman and don't like like the service of a gentleman's store, then you don't have to go there. In fact, Ed would prefer you didn't. He can afford to be picky with his clients, but treat him respectfully, and I can promise that he will do the same for you.

This is exactly my experience with Ed. Well said. Like I said earlier, if you understand how his business works and act accordingly, you can get some very good deals. If you haven't done your homework, Ed will make money off of you. It's the American way. :patriot:

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    He never has marked them up with me, nor with anyone else I've ever talked to. The only place I've ever seen/heard negative comments about Ed is this forum, and having known Ed for a long time, I don't believe any of it. Even if Ed couldn't match prices (although he always has for me), I'd be willing to pay more because his guns are so much better.

You better hope Ed doesn't jump on this site, because your prices just got hiked up 10%!!! And if you honestly would be willing to pay more than he quoted you because his guns are better, it's no wonder you two get along so well.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I told him the name of the company, the price they had them for, and he said "I match and beat prices all day, it's what I do. As long as ED Hirschy can make a profit I will match or beat any price" I'm not saying the guy should not be in business to make a profit, but if you say you'll match then match.

Then I guess our experiences just disagree. My experience of decades of business with him has never resulted in an unmatched price. You had one bad experience. The years speak for themselves.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    You better hope Ed doesn't jump on this site, because your prices just got hiked up 10%!!! And if you honestly would be willing to pay more than he quoted you because his guns are better, it's no wonder you two get along so well.

Fine by me. =) I'm willing to pay for better quality.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    you also just admitted that you'd be willing to pay more than what he quoted you because he has better guns. I'm wondering if maybe this hasn't already happened to you in the past.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    you also just admitted that you'd be willing to pay more than what he quoted you because he has better guns. I'm wondering if maybe this hasn't already happened to you in the past.

It hasn't, like I've said multiple times. However, he'd be more than justified to raise his prices.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Fine by me. =) I'm willing to pay for better quality.

It's the same gun... How many times have you gone to a gun store and taken the display model? Every place I've ever purchased from has brought a gun from the back new in a box, same as Ed.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    It's the same gun... How many times have you gone to a gun store and taken the display model? Every place I've ever purchased from has brought a gun from the back new in a box, same as Ed.

The difference being that I trust that Ed's haven't been rotated into the display at some point.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    It hasn't, like I've said multiple times. However, he'd be more than justified to raise his prices.

If you ever want to buy anything, and I mean anything, please call me. I would be more than willing to raise my price for justification purposes for you to get your quality item.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012

Do you think that places like Gander just throw out the guns that they let some handle in the display case? Nope.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    So he would be justified to break his word and deal dishonestly?

Man, I thought I had heard it all...

Joe

That was totally out of context. I meant that he could raise his prices in general and still get my business, because his products are better. I can't emphasize enough that he's never sold me a gun at a higher price than what he said he'd match over the phone.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Do you think that places like Gander just throw out the guns that they let some handle in the display case? Nope.

Do you think Ed does? nope I've seen him sell display guns. Now I will admit that Ed won't let you just sit there and dry fire it all day and rack the slide back and forth, but I also wouldn't take a display gun from Gander either.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Do you think Ed does? nope I've seen him sell display guns. Now I will admit that Ed won't let you just sit there and dry fire it all day and rack the slide back and forth, but I also wouldn't take a display gun from Gander either.

You're right; he doesn't throw them out. But exactly like you said, no one beats them up.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012

And I'm still really curious as to what store you run.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...

Did you make this account to troll? :):

So his guns are better because they cost more? What?! I'm glad he gives you the reach around when he's screwing you. I don't know him, but I'd say what I just said about any gun store that claims their guns are better than the competition's, especially if they are the exact same thing.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Did you make this account to troll? :):

So his guns are better because they cost more? What?! I'm glad he gives you the reach around when he's screwing you. I don't know him, but I'd say what I just said about any gun store that claims their guns are better than the competition's, especially if they are the exact same thing.

No, I made it to right some obvious misunderstandings. =)

1) You don't know him.
    2) Maybe you haven't read the discussion, but his guns aren't the same. They are better taken care of than the mishandled crap from other stores.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012

No store yet, but I was wondering if you could give me your contact info, and maybe some of your friends, because I'd make a killing off selling you anything at a higher price as long as I claim my apple is better than the guy down the street.

Top Bottom