• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Here is the skinny with ED. If he has the gun in-stock he is great to deal with. If he does not have the gun in-stock that particular gun is the biggest POS you will ever buy and you should buy what he has instead. I have bought plenty from ED but I have also passed on plenty from ED for this reason. Right or wrong I want what I want and don't need to be pushed towards something else. JMO
    Sadly, I've had the same experience with Ed.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Went to Ed's this week with a buddy that purchased a gun(don't ask why). We were looking at ARs and I ended up asking if he sells stripped lowers. Was told "NO, I don't because the guns built from Stripped lower are ALL junk!" You should buy factory built guns like this bushmaster. I wanted to say everything build up in my head but I didn't cause my buddy wastes his money there. -1 on service I would recommend to shop other places!

AuburnGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Auburn, Indiana
    I stopped going there as well. He is a bit too arrogant for me. His time is gold, and will not allow you to look at different guns to shop. Unless you want to buy right there on the spot he won't even let you hold guns. I went in there with cash, and wanted to buy a gun. I was going to buy the gun, but asked to see another gun and he said only if I wanted to buy that gun the same day, would he allow me to hold it. I threw my 2k on the glass, and said I was going to buy one gun today, one after Christmas, but looks like I won't buy either. This was last year and I haven't been back since. He claims by handling a gun it decreases the value.... aren't guns made to last? I now send people to Cedar Creek Guns in Garret. Shane the owner there seems to be more down to earth....

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I stopped going there as well. He is a bit too arrogant for me. His time is gold, and will not allow you to look at different guns to shop. Unless you want to buy right there on the spot he won't even let you hold guns. I went in there with cash, and wanted to buy a gun. I was going to buy the gun, but asked to see another gun and he said only if I wanted to buy that gun the same day, would he allow me to hold it. I threw my 2k on the glass, and said I was going to buy one gun today, one after Christmas, but looks like I won't buy either. This was last year and I haven't been back since. He claims by handling a gun it decreases the value.... aren't guns made to last? I now send people to Cedar Creek Guns in Garret. Shane the owner there seems to be more down to earth....

Unless they are original collectors, and to never be used, then, they are meant to be handled. wow, sounds like he lost a lot of business like that. But, people bring their money where they want it to go. Who knows how much further business you would have done, besides those 2 rifles, let alone how many people you have told. Glad im up in NWI, plenty of options up around here.

bar68

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Auburn
    I have been dealing with Ed since the late 80's. His business model is unique but works for him. I went to his shop last evening to purchase a firearm and was there over an hour just chatting and catching up. I had a great time and ended up purchasing 2 firearms at great prices. He also took the time to explain some things about Colt's AR's that otherwise I would not have know. It was very informative.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Bought my first two from him. Knew what I needed and what I needed it for. Called went in by appointment and it was done deal. Yes he is all business this is true.

Top Bottom