• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I hope Ed finds this forum and laughs at all the things less successful people say about him.

Ok I was done until that.... You have no clue what I do, how much I make or any level of success I've reached... you are obviously envious of what Ed has accomplished and it seems in some ways a little disappointed in what you have done with your life. To say that people are unsuccessful because they don't want to pay BS prices for guns that are marked up from phone to person is just sad and shows your level of discontentment in your life and are trying to feel some sort of success through another individual. I hope Ed reads it too, maybe when he finds out how hard you are for him you two can hook up.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Ok I was done until that.... You have no clue what I do, how much I make or any level of success I've reached... you are obviously envious of what Ed has accomplished and it seems in some ways a little disappointed in what you have done with your life. To say that people are unsuccessful because they don't want to pay BS prices for guns that are marked up from phone to person is just sad and shows your level of discontentment in your life and are trying to feel some sort of success through another individual. I hope Ed reads it too, maybe when he finds out how hard you are for him you two can hook up.

:+1:

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I hope Ed finds this forum and laughs at all the things less successful people say about him.

It is amazing how someone can assume things and make statment like this about someone that they have never met or know nothing about. My comments were made based on my direct experiences trying to deal with ED. I don't see where the level of anyones success has anything to do with it. I have been in business for 17 years and if I treated my customers like he does I wouldn't have lasted past the first year.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    It is amazing how someone can assume things and make statment like this about someone that they have never met or know nothing about. My comments were made based on my direct experiences trying to deal with ED. I don't see where the level of anyones success has anything to do with it. I have been in business for 17 years and if I treated my customers like he does I wouldn't have lasted past the first year.

I don't understand why people feel that because a store is full of arrogant people or that they jack prices up or are totally unhelpful it is ok. Kinda like with Elmore's: "It's ok if they make fun of me and act like they are the tacticool kings. They know what they are talking about so it is worth it.".

:facepalm:

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I apologize if I offended anyone. I thought this might be a cool discussion site to be involved in, and when I saw a forum that was attacking someone with whom I'd done business for decades, I didn't agree and just meant to throw in my two cents. It's the consumers choice ultimately, and I respect that.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow this thread got fun! :D

I just think it is funny that roughly 95% of the people I know or meet that have ever done business with Ed will never go back and have nothing good to say about him.

To each their own, doesn't bother me one bit. I have nothing against anyone. Good for Ed and the people who shop with him, and good for the people that wont go near him. :ingo:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Wait...wait...WAIT a cotton pickin' minute.

Are you saying that you believe anyone who is less than happy with their interaction with Mr. Hirschy deserves to be laughed at by him ...because obviously, an unsatisfied customer must be "less successful" in their life??

Mister, I've stayed out of this thread because my parents taught me if I didn't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all...and that includes my opinion of my personal interaction with Mr. Hirschy.
    However...
    They ALSO taught me to call a spade a spade, and YOU, sir, are digging your hole quite effectively.

You know nothing about the members of this board, their houses, their families, their neighborhoods, their associations, and especially not their bank accounts. Your back-handed apology for "possibly offending" anyone is as worthless as your butt-kissing posts.

:twocents:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Seeing as the pages in this thread doubled in the last 24 hours I will expand on what I said earlier about my dealings with Ed.

Before I left for basic training many years ago I bought a Colt Hbar 20" A2 rifle. I wanted to be a good shot and know how to take apart & clean the rifle before I got to basic, and lets face it who doesn't want a AR. Well at the ripe old age of 20 I dropped around a grand in his shop that day between the rifle, a decent case, and ammo. Back then I didn't know what a twist rate was and I was told that Ed Hirchsy was the man and would get me all taken care of. Well I bought the gun, and he showed me how to take it apart and I was happy.

Shortly after graduation and upon returning home I just had to have a desert eagle in 44mag. Something about being a young soldier made me think I needed a semi auto 44mag, lol. So I went back to Ed and bought one from him in it's perfect condition and it was a great gun, but it cost me over $1,000 especially when I added in some ammo.

It wasn't too much longer and I was interested in one of the beretta storm pistol caliber carbines, so I called Ed. When I talked to him on the phone he said he'd beat anyone's price. I said great, so how much and he just said he'd beat anyones price. I said ok, well so and so has one for sale at $XXX will you beat that? He wouldn't answer at that point and we were off the phone shortly, but the impression I had was that even after I had dropped some big money (at least to me it was) in his store and mentioned it to him it wasn't like he was going to do me any favors.

I really don't get why he think his guns are better. Assuming that a person doesn't knock off the front sight of the rifle when they put it back on the rack the worst thing they can do to a gun is give it some handling marks. So what if someone racks the slide of a gun. I really don't think it's going to "damage" the gun in any way especially since nobody on this forum does it as hard or as violently as a fired cartridge would. If you want a gun that has never had it's action moved then by all means ask for a new one out of the box. Even Gander will extend this courtesy, and that's saying something. The point I'm trying to make here is that most handling of a firearm in a store is part of what the gun was meant to be used for. A pistol is meant to be holstered, a rifle to be slung and shotgun brought up to the shoulder. A person who's about to spend money they worked hard for owes it to themselves to try these things out before spending the money and those simple things don't ruin or damage a gun by any stretch.

I think his policy has a violation in the ethics of buying guns though at least for me anyway. If I go into a store and find something that I like and I wasn't aware of its existance before then I think I owe it to that store to buy it there. If I find something new on the internet and do all my homework on it myself and recieve no help from anyone else then I think it's fair game for an internet purchase with a local ffl fee. The problem I have with Ed is that it doesn't seem right that he tells people to go elsewhere to fondle (and apparently ruin) other peoples guns and then go buy a new one from him. Something about that just seems dirty and underhanded. I don't think a car dealer would be able to get away with telling a customer to go test drive a car from another guys lot because I don't want the couple of miles put on the cars in my lot. The cars in my lot are pristine and come off a magical assembly line where everyone is happy to show up to work and does the best job of their life every day. The exact same car on the other guys lot comes off a UAW assembly line and are junk.

The bottom line on Ed is that even though I don't care for the guy he's still in business. I don't understand how he is, or why people put up with his BS when there are so many other outstanding options to choose from in fort wayne and nearby churubusco. Some people are happy with him and as far as I'm concerned they can keep him.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This thread is awesome. I have no reason to dispute anyones claims but my transactions with Hirschy have been nothing but painless and easy. Id buy from him again if he had what I wanted at a better price than other places I normally shop.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    He never has marked them up with me, nor with anyone else I've ever talked to. The only place I've ever seen/heard negative comments about Ed is this forum, and having known Ed for a long time, I don't believe any of it. Even if Ed couldn't match prices (although he always has for me), I'd be willing to pay more because his guns are so much better.
    Bob, your living under a rock, obviously. EVERYWHERE I GO I run into people who say that Ed can get anything but you may have an aneurism dealing with him and his bs rules and dishonesty. I USE Ed to get what I want. I tried being a good customer to Ed but he ruined that YEARS ago.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know plenty of people who have been clients of Ed's as long as he's been in business as well, and I've never heard anything negative from them..

Simply can not be true ! You need to really listen to what your friends actually say rather than what you want to hear.

I'd be interesting in hearing an example of a smart businessman who isn't interested in making money. In all of the conversations I've had with him, it's always been clear that he doesn't want to negotiate. If you still chose to do so, that's your own problem.

But Ed will negotiate. He just doesn't like to at the shop. Try calling next time and tell him you're not happy with the price. He will pester you weeks later by calling and seeing if you still want it at a different price.

and having known Ed for a long time, I don't believe any of it. Even if Ed couldn't match prices (although he always has for me), I'd be willing to pay more because his guns are so much better.

Granted I never had any issues with any guns I bought from him, but they are not any better. Actually, it's a good thing I never had any issues... Unlike MANY better shops in Fort Wayne and the surrounding area, if I had, I would of gotten no help from him.

My experience of decades of business with him has never resulted in an unmatched price. You had one bad experience. The years speak for themselves.

If you truly go back decades with Ed, than you would realize he hasn't always had this business model. Back in his early years, he would just give the price over the phone without all his BS price matching...

1) I don't trust any stores other than Ed's to actually be honest about how long a gun has been on the floor, considering that some of those blems aren't always obvious. Certainly some are, but not all.
    2) You assume all gun stores are reputable, which they aren't. I don't trust that store down the street to be honest about the quality of the guns. Almost all of Ed's are zip-tied to prove that they haven't been tampered with.

This has to be one of your best. It tells me you haven't ventured into many other stores. Granted many times you can hear a lot of gun store BS at a particular place... But at Ed's, you hear flat out lies !!

Ed doesn't negotiate..

AGAIN, Ed will negotiate !

Nope, I just don't like to see people speak poorly about an upstanding businessman about whom they know nothing.

I'd love for you to explain why, if Ed is as unpopular as you say, he lives in that beautiful brick house. I obviously am not the only person to buy my guns there. =)

There are aspects that probably does make him a great businessman. It's his inability to tell the truth that got old !

I would suspect he does do very well. He can get about anything a person would want. If you can ignore all his BS and know a fair price, you won't do bad. When the day comes something is wrong and attempt getting some help from him, that's when you'll see the difference from him and some of the other shops.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I thought this might be a cool discussion site to be involved in, and when I saw a forum that was attacking someone with whom I'd done business for decades, I didn't agree and just meant to throw in my two cents. It's the consumers choice ultimately, and I respect that.

Decades uh ? You've said nothing here that makes me believe you have dealt with him more than a few years, if that.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Lets revive an old thread?

I ran in to Ed at a 1500 about 10 years ago and bought one of the safes he was selling.

When I went to pick it up I had the chance to look around his shop and ended up picking up an used Sig P239. The price was right.

Then the 2nd time, I called him in advance and told him I would be in town on business and wanted to see if he had any Sigs. Ended up buying again. I knew what I was looking for and the price range. The price was right.

He seemed sort of odd and clearly stated the apt only bit, etc.

This was all 9-10 years ago. Did he go off the rails at some point?

I have a local dealer I frequent and they are willing to negotiate. Stopped there today 'to browse' and picked up a used 10/22. They knocked off $20 and threw in some targets. All good.

I guess it takes all types. I'll be sure to re-think my next 2+ hr drive to Ft. Wayne.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    OK, my Mr. Ed story :D Many years ago, (18 to be exact) Myself and an acquaintance were looking to purchase 2 small semi auto (nameless) pistols. Ed had them in stock and we drove to Fort Wayne (2+ hour drive each way) to purchase said pistols for the price quoted. The quoted price was the going rate at that time, Not High or Low just in the Middle price range. While there, I also made an impulse buy of a rifle and some ammo. The rifle was salty but the AWB was or just about to go into effect. About a week later I get a telephone call from my buddy who said that Ed had called him and said that he mistakenly sold us Both pistols too cheaply and wanted an additional 100 dollars from each of us. I told him, yeah right and I never ever darkened his door again :xmad:
    My only other dealings with Ed prior to this were Gun Show buys.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    About a week later I get a telephone call from my buddy who said that Ed had called him and said that he mistakenly sold us Both pistols too cheaply and wanted an additional 100 dollars from each of us.

I'd have called him up immediately telling him who I am and saying I received a phone call from my friend, but he left me a message and I didn't exactly "understand" what he said because it was such a crazy call. I'd then get him to tell me this and after he did.. I'd then proceed to tell him he's high on crack cocaine and hang up on him.

It sounds like Mr. Ed has fell off his rocker.. No wonder he has motion sensors and all that security on his property, he's pissed a lot of people off saying and doing stupid **** in his life.

I'd be a paranoid **** if I've screwed over so many people too!

:D

Top Bottom