• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    How many actually enjoy carrying their handgun? I know some say handguns are to be carried to be comforting not comfortable. Just curious.

Thanks

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I enjoy it. Like Clint Smith said "carrying a gun should be comforting, not comfortable". With my set up though, carrying is comfy and no inconvenience at all! I'm to the point that i feel naked without my gun(s) on me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I enjoy carrying mine. I have holsters and a belt that allow all-day carry without soreness or extreme discomfort.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I enjoy it. Like Clint Smith said "carrying a gun should be comforting, not comfortable". With my set up though, carrying is comfy and no inconvenience at all! I'm to the point that i feel naked without my gun(s) on me.

I've always hated that phrase. It's a great sound bite, but it's surprisingly short-sighted. There's no reason that carrying can't be comfortable, and the more comfortable it is, the more likely you are to carry often. I hated carrying until I figured out how to do it comfortably. Now I carry whenever possible.

If carrying your gun isn't comfortable, I encourage you to seek out and talk to people who can comfortably carry and see if you can work out how they do it. Every person and body type will be different, so another's way won't necessarily work for you, but you can certainly get lots of ideas to try.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    G27 front pocket.

I front pocket carry my G27 in a Uncle Mike's number 4 pocket holster in my Carhartt carpenter jeans all day (when I can, won't carry at work as it involves service in peoples homes) and it is very comfortable,also comforting.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I hardly notice my firearm while carrying it anymore.

I don't know that I "enjoy" it. At least any more or less than I enjoy carrying a wallet, or my keys.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Yes I do enjoy it.

The proper holster and belt make carrying any fullsize handgun (like a XD or 1911) a very comfortable thing.

Even after 8-12 hour days.

If you don't have a proper belt and holster, 2 hours can make you sore and hurt.

As to pocket carry, a desantis nemisis holster and virtually any small hammerless jframe or mouse gun is so easy to forget it's not funny.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I don't enjoy carrying, but it's not uncomfortable for me in the slightest, carrying a gun can be comfortable and comforting

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It's like looking at hot women...you can only take so much then it's a trip to the local...

statemodel_restroom.jpg

:D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've carried a 4" s&w 686 in a cheap holster and my glock 27 in a serpa. Neither have been uncomfortable. I don't carry that often because the place I go the most, it is much easier to just carry a pocket knife instead of worrying about getting kicked out of college. It isn't worth the amount I've already put in(time and money). If concealed carry was ok at school, I'd be looking into another holster for the glock. Maybe someday I'll get around to carrying my 686, glock 27, Sistema 1927, and an SBR Ar-15 that way if someone asks if I'm compensating, I can say you betcha!!!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I enjoy the feeling of confidence that comes from knowing I am able to respond to the unlawful use of, or threat of, deadly force. Not that carrying a gun makes me fearless, but I folks know what I mean. Yeah... I do enjoy carrying a gun.

And since I *have* discovered how to carry comfortably, I don't have any reason not to carry all the time. Like others said, I feel naked without it, and I never leave home without it.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    yes i enjoy the fact that i can protect myself and my family. However, i have never had a holster that made me forget the fact that i was C.C, JM .02. Here are my two current setups:
    Kel-Tec p32 w/crimson trace and a NewSmyrna pocket holster
    DSC_0805.jpg

XD 9mm compact w/crossbreed holster (nightsights on the way)
    DSC_0240.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Huh. I dont really enjoy it, but its not uncomfortable either.

Its just, something you do because you should.

I do enjoy goin shootin tho :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Both my .38 snubbie and my Sig 229 are comfortable for me to carry for extended periods. As others wrote above, I give them no more thought than my car keys or wallet.

With some of the areas that wifey and I have had to travel in lately, it gives me great comfort to know that I am prepared to handle a negative encounter with someone(s) intent on doing us harm.

Once I figured out the best way for me to carry, I've never looked back. It took a couple of months to figure that out.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Huh. I dont really enjoy it, but its not uncomfortable either.

Its just, something you do because you should.

I do enjoy goin shootin tho :)

I know what you are saying... it becomes uncomfortable for me around my extended family, who really do not support it, although they do hunt regularly.

My wife is warming up to the fact that I carry, and when i win her full support, i will feel more comfortable.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I know what you are saying... it becomes uncomfortable for me around my extended family, who really do not support it, although they do hunt regularly.

My wife is warming up to the fact that I carry, and when i win her full support, i will feel more comfortable.

"If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Although it doesn't make me feel like a man (thank God), I enjoy carrying.
    But then, I have a shiny pretty gun, so it's like jewelry!
    It makes me feel girly. Come to think of it, that's probably why YOU all carry...it doesn't make you feel like a big man, it makes you all feel like girly girls and you know you love it. :D

*ducks & runs*

Top Bottom