• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I can't say I "enjoy" it. After three years I'm still searching for the 'right' gun, caliber and holster match. I get closer with each new firearm, but have yet to find a combination that fits well enough to settle in to for a long while... and I've already got my eye on the next attempt and carry bliss :)

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I got a custom holster from D.M. Bullard in Texas for my FNP-9. Best thing I ever did and it was worth the money I spent on it. I have learned where to sit in the car for long periods so that I do not get a pain in my back after siting against it for two and a half hours. I carry it wherever I can. In cooler weather it is so easy to conceal it so the question is why not? In the summer I have a LCR that I put in my riding jacket, light enough that I forget it is there. Enjoy it, I don't know. I never thought about it that way. Do I feel more comfort when I carry? I think that I can reply yes to that question. What makes me smile is when I ask my brother if he is carrying and he says yes and I can't see the pistol.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I can't say I enjoy it per se, but it is comfortable and I feel really naked without it. Not unarmed, naked. Just like my watch, leatherman, and knife. I've worn all of them for so long in my life that they are just another part of clothing to me and it feels off when any of them are missing.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Oh yeah ,hey hoosierfishing you never answered the question yourself:dunno:. Does that mean you don't carry? (for whatever reason it may be)

I either have my glock or lcp on me wherever I go. On the days I don't feel like carrying one of my glocks, I stick the little 380 in my pocket. There are sometimes when I actually enjoy having a glock on my hip. Other times not so much. I'm just curious if there are folks out there that enjoy it 100% of the time.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Although it doesn't make me feel like a man (thank God), I enjoy carrying.
    But then, I have a shiny pretty gun, so it's like jewelry!
    It makes me feel girly. Come to think of it, that's probably why YOU all carry...it doesn't make you feel like a big man, it makes you all feel like girly girls and you know you love it. :D

*ducks & runs*

Don't be silly. I wear make up and a pretty dress when I want to feel girly. The gun just adds a little style.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

I don't think this is quite the place for a caliber debate but if I were to choose what I am to be shot with a .380 would be in one of my top two or the choices.

Might wanna talk to some folks who have shot with my wife before you make that offer to her.

McMark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Depends on the gun and time of year. My more comfortable holsters are really only concealable in the fall and winter when I can layer. However I never think twice about not carrying.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No I really do not care for carrying my gun. I have gotten used to it though. In fact I don't care for not having it near me.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    So how about an INGO hoslter class? Holsterfest!

I'm somewhat new to carry. With my lifestyle I prefer the idea of IWB holsters. I've got the good belt from 511 Tactical. I've tried the cheap Uncle Mikes soft side. I've tried the custom kydex. I'm now trying a Crossbreed QwikClip (FBI cant at 3 o'clock but it bothers my hip after an hour so I shift it around).

Is IWB the best way for me? Should I give more thought to OWB with an untucked shirt?

2, 3, 4, 6 o'clock placement... clip, snap loop, belt loop, ...

Point is, there are many types of holsters and many ways to wear them. I'd be curious to try before I buy. I'd be curious to talk with others -- especially of similar body size -- to see what they have found works best for them.

I'd have to believe there would be many spare holsters available for demo from within this forum's population.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I enjoy it. I enjoy it more when I'm carrying a 1911 or nice revolver. My XD is a fine defensive tool, but it's got no soul. I like guns, would rather we didn't need to carry them for any reason other than sport, and to admire the machinery. Even the most basic, bare bones 1911 is a work of art, as are most revolvers. It takes imagination and a great deal of effort to design an ugly revolver, though it's surely been done.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I can't say I enjoy it per se, but it is comfortable and I feel really naked without it. Not unarmed, naked. Just like my watch, leatherman, and knife. I've worn all of them for so long in my life that they are just another part of clothing to me and it feels off when any of them are missing.

After posting I went back and read more posts. Eery correlation here. :eek:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I enjoy OC'ing my USP 40 daily. Over the time that I started, I've made quite a few new friends that I never would have thought were gun owners. Mostly people in the service field... like Starbucks, etc...

I've had a lot of positive conversations, and a good number of compliments on my gun choice

Top Bottom