Eric Holcomb pushing for refugee resettlement in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree, we need those that come here to assimilate and be productive members of society. My beef was with the :tinfoil: attitude. Give me a break.

Odds are we have more domestic legit crazies that will do us harm than sleeper cells IMHO.

They will not assimilate CM. Have you been into he areas in the city. The congregate in groups and expand as they drive the locals out of the area. We have seen it around us but in truth the locals that were driven out was a welcome site to see them leave. But it was the Hispanics that dislocated the night dwellers. My issues are with the so called "Refuge's" that have zero intentions of adapting the American way of life. They are angry. Ill mannered and hard to deal with. Not all of them but enough that you have no idea what you are about to encounter.

I call :bs:. Let them fix the crap holes they are escaping from. They have over ran everything on the west side pretty much.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jesus tucker and his guest are unbearable. I wish there was a news network that put two well meaning opposing views up and let the viewer decide who's right.

Their argument is that all these Christians charities are lobbying the states in order to fill their coffers with lucrative refugee resettlement money?
    So if the state department didn't foot any of the bill and charities could cover all the costs of resettlement itd be ok?

We're a wealthy nation, we can afford to take in a couple refugees here and there. That's not going to be our demise.

That does not sound very Libertarian to me. Unless they are expected to vote for legalization of weed.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Surely not. I bet he is richer than 95% of the people on the entire planet; if not more.

What does that have to do with advocating for certain government policies? I've never treated a poor kid for leukemia yet I can still advocate for Medicaid.
    How many guys in their 20s do we expect to have the resources to single handedly take in and support a refugee family?
    Im comfortable in where and how much I give to charity and what kind of an impact I can have on those around the world less fortunate than I am. That's all I can do at the moment but in the future I'd have zero qualms with taking in someone.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We need to end 90% of the immigration to this country.
    It does more harm than good at this point.
    Yeah I understand that everyone wants to live here and reap the rewards. Even if you are a hard worker. Well too bad. Its not a right to come here. We need to close the borders and start taking care of our own. Stop 50% of all foreign aid now and another 40% within 5 years too.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We need to end 90% of the immigration to this country

We need to end all immigration into this country. (except for world wide experts in various fields who are specifically requested to be here.)

Then once there's no more homeless, no more ghettos, and our people are once again united, only let small numbers in if they can benefit us.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We need to end all immigration into this country. (except for world wide experts in various fields who are specifically requested to be here.)

Then once there's no more homeless, no more ghettos, and our people are once again united, only let small numbers in if they can benefit us.
    Right. That was my allowance for 10%. We are agreed

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I call :bs:. Let them fix the crap holes they are escaping from. They have over ran everything on the west side pretty much.

Surely you know the history of how the Hmong homeland turned into a crap hole, right?

They were doing fine in Indochina prior to French colonization. (Not great, mind you, but better than under the Fench.) Then when the people wanted freedom, we got into the war on the side of the colonizers rather than on the side of freedom; the Hmong people helped us anyway. They were American allies in the Vietnam War, and when we left, they were stuck fending for themselves under the new Communist regime.

They become refugees because they tried to make sure American soldiers weren't slaughtered. I am too young for Vietnam, but I would expect those who fought there would be appreciative of the Hmong and be their advocates. :dunno:

I guess since we're now abandoning our allies the Kurds, I probably shouldn't have any such expectation. And our soldiers probably shouldn't expect any help from local people anywhere in the world anymore.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Surely you know the history of how the Hmong homeland turned into a crap hole, right?

They were doing fine in Indochina prior to French colonization. (Not great, mind you, but better than under the Fench.) Then when the people wanted freedom, we got into the war on the side of the colonizers rather than on the side of freedom; the Hmong people helped us anyway. They were American allies in the Vietnam War, and when we left, they were stuck fending for themselves under the new Communist regime.

They become refugees because they tried to make sure American soldiers weren't slaughtered. I am too young for Vietnam, but I would expect those who fought there would be appreciative of the Hmong and be their advocates. :dunno:

I guess since we're now abandoning our allies the Kurds, I probably shouldn't have any such expectation. And our soldiers probably shouldn't expect any help from local people anywhere in the world anymore.

And in 1975 we let over 3000 into the country. But about three generations later i dont care anymore. Stay home refugees, sort it out.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    And in 1975 we let over 3000 into the country. But about three generations later i dont care anymore. Stay home refugees, sort it out.

I'd be more fine with the stay home and sort it out view if we weren't the ones destabilizing the areas they were fleeing from. Iraq, Syria, Libya, life wasn't great for those under strong men but it wasn't a problem for us. Now that we have somehow managed to make the places worse than brutal dictatorship, we bear some responsibility in cleaning up the mess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Not our finest hour.
    So what is your actual point being made here.....?????

-Are you OK with your area being over ran with cultures that have no desire to assimilate and live exactly as they did in the crap holes they were in.
    We are not "OK" with this

Why is it on us to let them drain our already strained resources to the point that the medical and other sources we used have been shut down. Why. Please make a solid argument here because to me there is none.

I agree with others that say we should just remove ourselves from these war like areas and let them sort it out but in the end other country's are at play here on the world stage. There is so much more to all of this than we are actually discussing.

Refugees should be in camps until they 1) learn the language…...2) show they have or gain some skills to be self supporting in this society. 3) and this is a huge one
    with me.....

"LEARN TO FREAKING DRIVE"

"LEARN WHAT A LINE IS AN US IT PROPERLY"

"CUT YOUR GRASS AND KEEP YOUR TRASH IN THE PROVIDED CONTAINERS"

"1 Family per home".....Not 6. :n00b:

I could go on and on and on here but hey.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    We need to end 90% of the immigration to this country.
    It does more harm than good at this point.
    Yeah I understand that everyone wants to live here and reap the rewards. Even if you are a hard worker. Well too bad. Its not a right to come here. We need to close the borders and start taking care of our own. Stop 50% of all foreign aid now and another 40% within 5 years too.

I’m down, now how to get the bleeders to see! Everyone these days w@nna be Cap’n Save a Ho, but they’ll skip right over a citizen and direct to a refugee? Bleeders, help starts at home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The point is our Gov't ****ed up and there are consequences to ****ing up, some of which are dealing with the fallout of our **** ups.

This has zero to do with this discussion. I stated it was not our finest hour and I know it was a **** up.

I also know we are no longer a rich nation. Our reserves are depleted by those same Gvt ****'s we are talking about right now so again, :dunno:
    We do not have the resources. I believe you even stated as much. This has got to stop.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This has zero to do with this discussion. I stated it was not our finest hour and I know it was a **** up.

I also know we are no longer a rich nation. Our reserves are depleted by those same Gvt ****'s we are talking about right now so again, :dunno:
    We do not have the resources. I believe you even stated as much. This has got to stop.

All the more reason to pull out of iraq and Afghanistan, as we spend 1000x the resources there as we do on refugees and our actions are a major cause of the refugee crisis to begin with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom