Eric Holcomb pushing for refugee resettlement in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All the more reason to pull out of iraq and Afghanistan, as we spend 1000x the resources there as we do on refugees and our actions are a major cause of the refugee crisis to begin with.

And I have to agree to this in part also. Again, on the world stage in which we are a huge player there are other interests involved we are not considering in this.
    The resources these players hope to gain would cause us grief down the path we are all on. If not for those resources none of this would even matter. What do we do in this. Fair question. To all. Not a point of argument.

My point in the influx of non Americans is that they are thrust upon us. They take over areas and cause so many issues. They (GVT. ****'s) plant them in areas and walk away. Our live are disrupted. I call Bull ****

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    What does that have to do with advocating for certain government policies? I've never treated a poor kid for leukemia yet I can still advocate for Medicaid.
    How many guys in their 20s do we expect to have the resources to single handedly take in and support a refugee family?
    Im comfortable in where and how much I give to charity and what kind of an impact I can have on those around the world less fortunate than I am. That's all I can do at the moment but in the future I'd have zero qualms with taking in someone.

Why do you want to plunder your fellow citizen's property for that which you cannot or are not willing to do yourself?

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I'd be more fine with the stay home and sort it out view if we weren't the ones destabilizing the areas they were fleeing from. Iraq, Syria, Libya, life wasn't great for those under strong men but it wasn't a problem for us. Now that we have somehow managed to make the places worse than brutal dictatorship, we bear some responsibility in cleaning up the mess.

Ive said all along, put a dictator in place. Give him outdated military equipment to control his people as well as some cash, gold plated pistol for rallies and a couple supermodels. Condemn his actions in the media, and support him silently. Weve done it before.
    Leave Afghanistan, and the middle east. Not everybody wants to be an American. Some cultures want to be subjugated, its what they are.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Why do you want to plunder your fellow citizen's property for that which you cannot or are not willing to do yourself?

Because I believe it's of social and moral benefit. Like I said I can't cure a sick child of a poor family either but I'm willing to pay my taxes, give to charity and am willing to send armed men to rob you of your resources to pay for someone else to.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ive said all along, put a dictator in place. Give him outdated military equipment to control his people as well as some cash, gold plated pistol for rallies and a couple supermodels. Condemn his actions in the media, and support him silently. Weve done it before.
    Leave Afghanistan, and the middle east. Not everybody wants to be an American. Some cultures want to be subjugated, its what they are.

We don't even have to spend money to prop up the dictators, just don't topple them.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    And I have to agree to this in part also. Again, on the world stage in which we are a huge player there are other interests involved we are not considering in this.
    The resources these players hope to gain would cause us grief down the path we are all on. If not for those resources none of this would even matter. What do we do in this. Fair question. To all. Not a point of argument.

My point in the influx of non Americans is that they are thrust upon us. They take over areas and cause so many issues. They (GVT. ****'s) plant them in areas and walk away. Our live are disrupted. I call Bull ****

You can't have the best of both worlds, refugees are a consequence of our actions. The fact that it's a world stage we are operating on doesnt change that. If you want to retain influence and access to resources in the middle east, then refugees are a part of how we've been playing that game. We either stop playing the game the way we've been or we deal with the consequences as they come.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    All the more reason to pull out of iraq and Afghanistan, as we spend 1000x the resources there as we do on refugees and our actions are a major cause of the refugee crisis to begin with.

Yep, we just stay home, be the wealthiest country on the planet and everyone will just leave is be in peace and harmony. I too want our resources used at home but the world does not work that way. Your posts sound too naive, simplistic, and utopian for the real world...

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yep, we just stay home, be the wealthiest country on the planet and everyone will just leave is be in peace and harmony. I too want our resources used at home but the world does not work that way. Your posts sound too naive, simplistic, and utopian for the real world...

I didn't say we wouldn't have problems. But the problems we would have would be more manageable than the cluster**** we are sitting in now. Take it one cluster**** at a time.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

9/11 was a result of getting involved in affairs we have no business in.
    The refugee crisis is a result of getting involved in affairs we have no business in.
    ISIS is a result of getting involved in affairs we have no business in.

Your line of reasoning is what puts American lives in danger.

History is full of examples to prove my point, I'm only mentioning the middle east, but it's not limited to that, either.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Because I believe it's of social and moral benefit. Like I said I can't cure a sick child of a poor family either but I'm willing to pay my taxes, give to charity and am willing to send armed men to rob you of your resources to pay for someone else to.

You certainly cannot claim to be libertarian with that belief...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can't have the best of both worlds, refugees are a consequence of our actions. The fact that it's a world stage we are operating on doesnt change that. If you want to retain influence and access to resources in the middle east, then refugees are a part of how we've been playing that game. We either stop playing the game the way we've been or we deal with the consequences as they come.

WITAF are you talking about my friend. Refugees go into camps to be taught how to live here. That's how this is done. Not thrust into section 8 housing and flood an area. That is what they are doing and yes I can have the best of this. What is actually wrong with you man. I work hard and support my family. I want to be comfortable and safe in my life. That is the dream. When they dump a load of angry Somali thugs (Refugees my ass) in among us with no indoctrination my life and the lives of my friends and family are disrupted.
    Can you not see this or are you arguing just to be arguing which seems to be your posting style. Your responses make no sense to this discussion.

We all pay our taxes....so what. This can and should be handled very differently than it is.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Are we arguing whether or not to take refugees or just about how they are handled once we do? I have no strong feelings that the way we resettle them in our country can't be changed/improved. I'm arguing with the idea that we aren't under some obligation to take them in.

Also all the acronyms I can't keep up, I'm not as internet savvy as some others.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    9/11 was a result of getting involved in affairs we have no business in.
    The refugee crisis is a result of getting involved in affairs we have no business in.
    ISIS is a result of getting involved in affairs we have no business in.

Your line of reasoning is what puts American lives in danger.

History is full of examples to prove my point, I'm only mentioning the middle east, but it's not limited to that, either.

No, it is your naïveté and lack of understanding of human nature that puts America at risk.

We tried sitting out in the beginning of WWII. If Iran had its way they would nuke the US today. 9/11 was the result of a perpetually destabilized Middle East lashing out at a stabilizing force. There is money and profit for too many, including in the west to allow it to be permanently stabilized.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    WITAF are you talking about my friend. Refugees go into camps to be taught how to live here. That's how this is done. Not thrust into section 8 housing and flood an area. That is what they are doing and yes I can have the best of this. What is actually wrong with you man. I work hard and support my family. I want to be comfortable and safe in my life. That is the dream. When they dump a load of angry Somali thugs (Refugees my ass) in among us with no indoctrination my life and the lives of my friends and family are disrupted.
    Can you not see this or are you arguing just to be arguing which seems to be your posting style. Your responses make no sense to this discussion.

We all pay our taxes....so what. This can and should be handled very differently than it is.

HMOG we are doomed.

I am out.

Have a great life.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to churchmouse again

Maybe your best post ever!

I too am out...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No, it is your naïveté and lack of understanding of human nature that puts America at risk.

We tried sitting out in the beginning of WWII. If Iran had its way they would nuke the US today. 9/11 was the result of a perpetually destabilized Middle East lashing out at a stabilizing force. There is money and profit for too many, including in the west to allow it to be permanently stabilized.

Oh, we tried sitting it out in WW2 did we? Is that why we sanctioned japan into do-or-die conditions that lead to the pearl harbor attack?
    That's not sitting it out, sanctions that egregious are economic warfare.

9/11 was a result of the US being desperate to fight communists, no matter the cost, and dumping tax payer money into propping up terrorist forces to counter the Russians. Then we did just like we did in vietnam, decided to walk away from them and leave them to be slaughtered. Before you throw around insults, you could consider how naive you are to global history.

LrNhEuJ.jpg

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

We've been a stabilizing force in the middle east? Who's read some of the history about how the middle east came to be the way it is actually believes that?

WWII has nothing to do with our current situation, iran isn't capable of being a world power that can threaten to invade us. If they had nukes using them against the US would be suicide, as it is for every other nation on earth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom