• Have you ever been denied a firearm?

• Total voters

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I had a letter in the mail box from the FBI today stating they had recieved my fingerprint record and documentation and were entering my info into the appeals process. Now I wait.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Got to talk to the ATF today. He wanted to take the PREVIOUS gun I had bought away,

And do what with it ?????? Pay you it's cash value ?? Hold it for safe keeping. Sell it to the Afgan Army?? I've bought too many guns under leagal pretenses to hear that BS from them. We would have to go to court on that one.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And do what with it ?????? Pay you it's cash value ?? Hold it for safe keeping. Sell it to the Afgan Army?? I've bought too many guns under leagal pretenses to hear that BS from them. We would have to go to court on that one.

Because Morgan County was showing a Felony conviction back in 2000 instead of the Misdemeanor I was convicted of. I was delayed back in April when I bought the gun but was able to pick it up since they never heard back from them. He said they would have had to destroy the gun if I had been convicted of a felony. Not only that, I would have been arrested!

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    2 questions. 1. was this a FTF meeting or a phone conversation ? 2. Why did you have to communicate with the ATF, response to a mailing, contact from them, or you just looing for info?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    1) Both. Called me first, setup an appointment and I showed up.
    2) They showed I was a felon when I wasn't and were required to confiscate my pistol!!!! GRRRR Stupid BS. If Morgan County could just keep their records up to date.... Actually i was glad he called because it cleared up a lot of confusion on both ends. He confirmed my reason for denial and I corrected him and the ATF on my felon status... THAT I"M NOT ONE!!!! :D Thank God. Also sped up the process between ATF and FBI communications on this matter which takes out one step the FBI has to go through to verify my NON FELON status

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Well, I think this is just a roundabout way of learning an important lesson.

Never trade in a gun :)

JK, hope it works out for you sooner than later.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL I wouldn't have to had the S&W not had a 5000000lbs TRIGGER! LOL Oh well, this too will pass. I will have my baby eagle and I will NEVER give it up. They'll pry it from my COLD DEAD HANDS! HAHAHA Seriously, my kids will get it when I die. By then it'll be a relic. We'll have lasers and sonic cannons by then! Either way, I'm saving up to get an AK PSL Sniper Rifle. They're accurate, reliable, but the 7.62x54R isn't the most common round. Oh well. it's a nice rifle. If anyone has one, I'd love to shoot it. Just to be sure that's the one I want. Thanks! :D

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Well....no real news on my apeal. I did have some contact from the ATF Special Agent Dan Neie just decided to drop by my home, to his dismay I was at work. ?? He left his card with "call me " written on it. I called...a few days later he called and said he needed to talk to me about my last gun purchase, I responded with "why" He said we just need to talk. I explained I had filed an apeal with the NICS and had submitted my fingerprint record and documentation and was expecting a response. He proceeded to tell me this was all formalities and I was not in any trouble that he had documentation that may help my case. Unfortunatly I was leaving on vaction the next day for a week, he was alittle peaved saying he only had so much time to wrap things up, He was supposed to show up at my home that night and never did, I have left 2 messages with no return from his office. So it must not be that important. No news from the NICS either.

I'm glad the ATF has the funding to make house calls.:wtf:

So I wait..........and wait............................and wait!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well....no real news on my apeal. I did have some contact from the ATF Special Agent Dan Neie just decided to drop by my home, to his dismay I was at work. ?? He left his card with "call me " written on it. I called...a few days later he called and said he needed to talk to me about my last gun purchase, I responded with "why" He said we just need to talk. I explained I had filed an apeal with the NICS and had submitted my fingerprint record and documentation and was expecting a response. He proceeded to tell me this was all formalities and I was not in any trouble that he had documentation that may help my case. Unfortunatly I was leaving on vaction the next day for a week, he was alittle peaved saying he only had so much time to wrap things up, He was supposed to show up at my home that night and never did, I have left 2 messages with no return from his office. So it must not be that important. No news from the NICS either.

I'm glad the ATF has the funding to make house calls.:wtf:

So I wait..........and wait............................and wait!!!!

It wasn't Steve A. was it? He never made a house call to my house, just called me. I guess he was making house calls in Plainfield area but never got to me so he just called. ANyway, what he really wants is to confiscate your last firearm you purchased unless you can provide evidence contrary to his information. When I went to the ATF office downtown indy, he led me to a room that had SHACKLES in it and proceded to show me paperwork he had recieved from Morgan County showing me as a felon, which I'm not. I showed him MY paperwork proving otherwise and that's when he proceeded to tell me that he would have had to confiscate my Sigma had I not had that paperwork. And even if I had the paperwork, just not with me, he would have had to arrest me until he recieved said paperwork. Which I'm sure would have included a search and seizure of my home and any property they would have deemed relevant. Much to their displeasure they wouldn't have found anything useful! HAHA ANYWAY, he did seem pleased to find out that my last firearm purchase was at AAC as a trade for the Baby Eagle I'm waiting for...

Still no word yet on my appeal either. I called a couple days ago and asked if there was any progress made and they just told me that nothing had changed since my last call. What is concerning me more at this point is my LTCH. It's been almost three months and still no word. Although I guess I could call MoneyGram Monday to see if they have cashed my money order. That should give me some sort of idea.

In the Indiana Statute, it states that the Sup. of State Police has no more than 60 days to complete the process. I wonder if there's a way to fast track my approval or denial... Is there any legal implications against the Sup for not complying to the 60 day rule?

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I had to wait around 6 months for my permit, but it came through.

As far as an arrest, my lawyer would have alot of fun with that. All my firearms were purchased under leagal circumstances. The courts are tasked with maintaining records of all proceedings. If the Keystone Cops can't find the updated files, Am I to blame ??? I do keep certified copies of all records just for that reason tho. It's too bad these agents can't walk over to the court and dig out the files from the case numbers they are provided at the time of denial by NICS, where much to their suprise, they could find the latest info on record, just like I did.

(((RANT LIGHT ON)))

You mean to tell me a felon can slip through the system by walking into a gun shop, fill out a 4473, provide current non falsified identifcation, and wait for the folks at NICS to not call the FFL back and proceed out the door with a gun !!!!!!!!! This justs gets better all the time.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    according to ISP: Telephone Directory you can

Call them at:
    Firearms Licensing Section 317-233-5054

Hope this helps, and gets resolved soon for you :)

I've called it a few times. thanks for posting the info though.

HiRoller - Yes, if they have reason to believe you COULD be a felon, they could take your guns. Yes it's crap, but they can do it. And yes, a felon can slip through the cracks if they are brave enough to try. Supposedly to the FBI's outdated records I was a "felon" and I slipped through twice before I was denied. Go figure right? Whatta system....

Bigum - Appreciate the support. I always try to confirm before I update. I just hope all this info helps someone along the way. Maybe show everyone the BS we law-abiding citizens must go though when stupid bueracrats think they know what's best by inacting "COMMON BS GUN LAWS"!

Maybe we should show our children exerpts of this thread to show them what "COMMON SENSE" Gun Laws really do to people and show them why they should NEVER do anything to jepordize their rights by getting in trouble. If I had known then what I know now, I would NEVER had done the STUPID stuff I did. Even before all this I kicked myself in the arse everyday for being stupid. After this, I realized just how much damage I did to myself. Being held back from good jobs, hassles like these, etc. What was I thinking... Oh that's right! The promise of fast money! Whatta CROCK!

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Just a little info I am pursuing:

[SIZE=-1]The Privacy Act of 1974 restricts the dissemination of specific information to you via the telephone. Under the provisions of Title 28, United States Code, Sections 16.30 through 16.34, you can obtain a copy (for a fee) of any identification record the FBI may maintain on you by contacting the following unit at the address and telephone number provided:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Federal Bureau of Investigation
    Criminal Justice Information Services Division
    Attention: Correspondence Group, Module D-2
    1000 Custer Hollow Road
    Clarksburg, WV 26306
    Telephone Number: (304) 625-3878[/SIZE]

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    [SIZE=-1]The Privacy Act of 1974 restricts the dissemination of specific information to you via the telephone.[/SIZE]

I appreciate the info. But lemme tell ya, if you get lucky enough to talk to the same person twice, or three times, and ask enough of the right AND wrong questions, you may get as lucky as I was to get htem to SLIP and tell you WHY you were denied! :D But yes, as they told me many times, they can't tell you SHEET over the phone.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I don't really care what they tell me on the phone. I want to know what they have in my file, and retain a hard copy for future reference. If BS like this happens 10 years down the road, I want records. Data storage and maintenance is only as good as the person filing it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't really care what they tell me on the phone. I want to know what they have in my file, and retain a hard copy for future reference. If BS like this happens 10 years down the road, I want records. Data storage and maintenance is only as good as the person filing it.

Amen to that. At least someone understands being a "Pack Rat"! LOL

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Renegade762
    Top Bottom