Explosions at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England. Fatalities confirmed

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We've seen this too many times. Targeted the concert as the show was ending: Pulse Nightclub was at closing time after security was no longer in place. Additional casualties from many people trying to leave at once (Paris soccer stadium?) When I heard people were streaming out and heading to train stations? I thought we see another attack (Brussels).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    10wi1k1.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Prayers for the victims and their families.

So, my wife surprised me and the family with tickets to the race. Tonight, she was very concerned about the safety, thanks to this event. Knowing people that know about these things, I did my best to tell her it was safe and that we can't let the terrorists scare us out of doing things that we love, our traditions.

For as much as I love the race, though, I can't help by wonder myself....

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Well... it is hard to arrest someone before they commit a crime.
    The pre-crime division hasn't been invented yet.

Agreed, and this creates a slippery slope of jailing people under suspicion "while we complete our investigation", a la the suspected terrorists in a prison that was supposed to have been emptied years and years ago.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Prayers for the victims and their families.

So, my wife surprised me and the family with tickets to the race. Tonight, she was very concerned about the safety, thanks to this event. Knowing people that know about these things, I did my best to tell her it was safe and that we can't let the terrorists scare us out of doing things that we love, our traditions.

For as much as I love the race, though, I can't help by wonder myself....

I work at home 3 days a week, but the 2 days I have to go downtown, I find myself being very suspicious of people walking around with backpacks or duffel type bags, especially if they get on my elevator. I find myself wary of walking along the sidewalk with cars racing by on Ohio Street, wondering if they are going to jump the curb and cause havoc. I'm letting worry creep into my brainpan about going to Carb Day this Friday. I hate thinking/feeling like this, because it means the terrorists are winning. But damn, it's hard not to. :xmad:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I saw a zipped duffle bag laying on top of a garbage can across the street from the federal building a few years ago. No one around. I called that in as a suspicious package.

Top Bottom