• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It's not that there's nobody crazy enough or violent enough on the Right to do something like this. It's that people on the Right generally don't view themselves as so morally superior that violence is justified.

A notably exception like the guy who was killing abortion doctors is notable expressly for this reason. Millions Americans are passionately prolife, yet how many are resorting to violence for that end? One known, perhaps a very few others.

Yet the Antifa types are not one. They are not few. They are many and they view violence is a necessary moral imperative.

So while I'm waiting with bated breath, my gut tells me this is more likely to be a false flag op like that black dude who was painting swastiska as graffiti.

.....and those SUPER ugly girls that keep demanding that they were raped. :n00b:

Like... You Wish.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Uh, Mr. Duck... the way that's written... uh ... it kinda looks like a woman might "wish" to get "raped." Now, I know you didn't meant it like that... but... I think that could be edited to make the somewhat humorous point you were getting at, I think?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    ok has nobody else seen this?........why would you carry something into the woods that looked like a bomb??????....PUT IT DOWN AND RUN!!!!!!...something doesn't add up....The caretaker told investigators that as he was walking back to the house he noticed the envelope looked suspicious, the source said. He dropped it in the woods away from the residence and called the Bedford Police Department, which sent officers to the scene.https://abcnews.go.com/US/billionaire-philanthropist-george-soros-home-explosive-device-found/story?id=58683450
    I can see it. Going threw the mail on the way back to the house, looks suspicious so he drops it where it isn't likely to be picked up/opened by someone else. Also would depend on just how far he had to go to get to the woods and/or how close was he to the home with it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My observations do not support that assertion.

Well-adjusted people on both sides do not resort to violence. Moral superiority is rife on the right. That's kinda where the idea of "Moral Majority" comes from.

The bell curve of violence v. political spectrum has to include violence-prone neo-nazis and their ilk on the right.

Like everyone else, I believe my moral code is superior to that of others. But part of that moral code is non-aggression, so the moral superiority prevents rather than justifies violence.

That's what I'm getting at. On the Left, it seems that violence is justified because of superior morals. On the right, it's that morals are superior BECAUSE (in part) they aren't violent.

Subtle but important distinction.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    And of course it would turn out that this guy, Florida Man, is a "right-winger". Seen pictures of that guy's van? Also definitely smacks of mental illness...

Just what "we" need. A mentally unstable right-winger sending phony bombs to politicians who don't have an R next to their name.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And of course it would turn out that this guy, Florida Man, is a "right-winger". Seen pictures of that guy's van? Also definitely smacks of mental illness...

Just what "we" need. A mentally unstable right-winger sending phony bombs to politicians who don't have an R next to their name.

That's what THEY want you to think!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would still like to know if people in the associated mail room were given a heads-up in advance about possible suspicious packages. It would be apropos if it was done by anonymous leak by someone claiming to be in Brennan's entourage

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    44756018_10215684372176177_1544809438978768896_n.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Can anyone look up this guy's prior criminal history and post it? Because he apparently does indeed have a prior criminal history.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Can anyone look up this guy's prior criminal history and post it? Because he apparently does indeed have a prior criminal history.

I think that's either posted or summarized in the Political Violence thread. His priors include threats to bomb a utility.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Look closely at the photos of the envelopes the "bombs" were "mailed" in. None of the stamps were cancelled and no postmarks were applied to the envelope. The USPS will not accept a piece of pipe in a paper envelope - it has to be in an approved box or cardboard bulk flat rate envelope with approved tape used. At least 4 of the recipients have stated that they were delivered by private couriers - not postmen. I don't believe any of these packages were ever in the USPS system. If they were there would have been postmarks applied. I used to work for the USPS. This whole thing is a very badly crafted hoax. But that's all the media idiots need to run with it. I also don't believe there is anything in the U.S. Code regarding "simulated explosive devices". It is either a bomb or it isn't. But with the War on Scary Things they will no doubt come up with some kind of charge - like "hate crime" or "terroristic threat". But they certainly aren't going to be able to use "placing an explosive device in the mail" because that never happened. It is being done only to draw your attention away from things that really matter. These weren't "bombs" in any way, shape or form. Remember the clock boy? He did not go to jail simply because he did not build a bomb - he just took a Radio Shack alarm clock apart and placed it in a box. Words mean things. Imagine that you work as a prop designer for a major movie studio and the cops pull you over and find prop "bombs" in your van. Can you be arrested for possession of movie props? I don't think so. Some of the media outlets are suddenly calling them "bomb-like" or "simulated explosives." But some of them are still calling them "bombs" which they are not. This is just another goofy media stunt. Don't be deluded by these idiots. Maku mozo.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The funniest part of this story to me is that 3 of the recipients stated that when they found these packages the first thing they did was to call the media - NOT the police - the media. The police then found out from the media. Does that make any sense?

Top Bottom