• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OP, I know what you're saying. I've posted many times about my anti-gun son and his family. They never cease to amaze me. Just yesterday, at my wife's uncle's funeral, the girls refused to get out of the car because they had guns there (military service). While i was explaining to the 2 girls the reason for the guns, my daughter-in-law interrupted and told them it was ok to be afraid, they were safer in the car.

Oh my...the irrationality...

She didn't leave 2 young girls, unattended, in a parked car, did she?

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Yeah my family thought i bought the gun cause i was upset, wtf i didnt even buy any ammo, stupid kids getting picked on and shooting everybody makes it look like every young adult with a gun a killer, why couldnt i have a gun loving family

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I'm not trying to be a d"ck but come on! This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, maybe in my life.

If you don't live with your sister, and you are of legal age... DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO!!!! Put a restraining order on her crazy a$$ and tell her to leave you alone!!! Fight back..Stand up for yourself, man!!!! Holy crap.

What is the matter with people any more :rolleyes:

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    You can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family! You have to make peace with your sister. You may have been raised in the same house, but you are grown and have your own life now. You have every right to own and carry guns (assuming you are legal to do so) and many here, including myself, would encourage you to do so. There are members in my family that I do not discuss guns with just as there are members of my family that I cannot discuss politics with. Next time she asks you about the guns, just tell her that you love her but prefer to keep that information private.

Now if it were a neighbour or a-hole friend, I would get a sign made up and put it in their front yard that says "I am against guns. There are no guns in this house". You'll quickly find out just how strong their convictions are.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Don't HIT anyone !!!

Or there go your gun-rights! Have her get mad enough to use her fingernails on your face. Good evidence. If you have a good cell-phone, it is also probably a sound-recorder, & you & a friend need to sit down w your sis & have a frank gun-discussion, which YOU record. It will be better if her voice is loudest. Take this evidence & your friend to your bosses and show that your sis is certifiably a loon. Really good guns can't be replaced, nor can good sisters, either -- but your sister is NOT all that good, at least to your preferences. IANAL. EBG
    Talk to your employer and tell them if your sister calls or shows up to ignore her and ask her to leave. Tell them you are worried she will cause trouble and do not want them to be surprised because she has threatened to cost you your job. Honestly if it were my sister and she was threatening me I would knock the **** out of her, tell mom and dad or all of the above.
    You CANNOT knock the **** out of her ! ! ! EBG

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    HERE you definitely need an Attorney:

He could have said many things, among therm : truth, or lies, or slander, or libel, or B.S. You need Law to find out. The best $250 you could spend. EBG
    Her husband my bro in law ... i guess said some good stuff about me to the boss, so not sure if thats a legal cause to control if i have a gun??
    (BTW: no, it is not. EBG)

Last edited:

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Id like to talk with her but i dont have any friends here, i talked with my best friend back home he is awsome and he said try to explain to her the purposeof a gun, and why i need a gun,

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If you are a good worker and your boss is sane, chances are she can't get you fired, and neither can her husband. Let your direct supervisor know that you are having a falling out with them, that way if things are ever said they have context. If you are really worried about her, get a restraining order. Yes, that will guarantee you will probably never patch things up, but if it is what you have to do, do it.

This sounds less like a gun issue, and more of a control issue. Stand up for yourself now. On that note, don't go looking for trouble either. Don't talk about guns around her or her husband, and certainly don't let them know you decided to go against their wishes.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Or there go your gun-rights! Have her get mad enough to use her fingernails on your face. Good evidence. If you have a good cell-phone, it is also probably a sound-recorder, & you & a friend need to sit down w your sis & have a frank gun-discussion, which YOU record. It will be better if her voice is loudest. Take this evidence & your friend to your bosses and show that your sis is certifiably a loon. Really good guns can't be replaced, nor can good sisters, either -- but your sister is NOT all that good, at least to your preferences. IANAL. EBG
    You CANNOT knock the **** out of her ! ! ! EBG

I agree it may not be the prudent thing to do, but.... well, you know what I mean :D

ABolt243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Shelbyville, IL
    Your biggest fear is that she'll cost you your job? So get another job and tell her and your bro-in-law to get lost.

Oh, and it's B-E-A-R arms. You bare arms in a t-shirt.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Here's my advice:

-Talk to your supervisors and let them know that your sister is upset at you and might try to make waves. Explain that you're only interested in doing your job as well as you can and just wanted to apologize in advance if anything happens and reassure them that you'll try to make sure she doesn't interfere.

-Secondly, and please don't take this wrong, but some of the things you've written here make me think that while you're interested in firearms, your practical knowledge might be limited. If I'm wrong I apologize for the misperception, if I'm not, please don't think I'm saying there's anything wrong with that. We certainly all start somewhere, and I would suggest that as soon as you get your gun back, sign up for an NRA basic pistol course and increase your knowledge. Heck see if she would be willing to go with you, since safety is a major theme she might be willing. If you can demonstrate that you can be a competent and responsible firearm owner, your sister *might* change her stance. Frankly, it sounds like she doesn't have a very high opinion of you and feels like she has to protect you from yourself.

-Finally, if your sister can "cost you your job" you need to find a new place to work ASAP. I certainly wouldn't want to work for someone who would terminate me because I got into an argument with my sister over how I conduct my personal life.

Oh, and post finally....learn to write like an adult. Ur is not a suitable replacement for the word "your", sentences should have a beginning and an ending, and giving at least a bit of background information when asking a question are all quite helpful. Again, not trying to be mean or anything, but firearms are a serious thing and writing like an 11 year old on a cell phone doesn't convey the fact that you understand that, even if you do.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom