• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Agreed that ANY dog breed can be aggressive, just some are more inclined to be so than others, statistically.

Don't get me wrong, I am a dog lover, BUT, I would shoot an aggressive dog in a heartbeat. The case we are discussing here though, just sounds like overkill to me...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Agreed that ANY dog breed can be aggressive, just some are more inclined to be so than others, statistically.
    Right...
    A dog is/does what it is taught to be regardless of the breed for the most part...
    Don't get me wrong, I am a dog lover, BUT, I would shoot an aggressive dog in a heartbeat. The case we are discussing here though, just sounds like overkill to me...

Sure it does, we are only getting one side from the news... :dunno:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I watched someone a long time ago have to go through the whole battery of rabies shots. No way I'm going to chance that. I don't want to shoot anybody's dog, but if some dog is coming at me or mine in an aggressive manner, that's it for him. I can't chance it.

Please keep your dogs under control. PLEASE.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    i think it's against the law in indiana to shoot any body's dog for any reason ????? if it isn't, it should be, except for a case of self-defense. not just trespassing. an aggressive chocolate lab ? thats a new one. jackoff's like the shooter give gun ownership a bad name for sure.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    i think it's against the law in indiana to shoot any body's dog for any reason ????? if it isn't, it should be, except for a case of self-defense. not just trespassing. an aggressive chocolate lab ? thats a new one. jackoff's like the shooter give gun ownership a bad name for sure.

Actually the reasons are laid out very clearly...
    Do a little more research. Before you just open your pie hole, huh...

The IC...
    IC 35-46-3-12
    A person who knowingly or intentionally kills a domestic animal without the consent of the owner of the domestic animal commits killing a domestic animal, a Class D felony.
    (e) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the accused person:
    (1) reasonably believes the conduct was necessary to:
    (A) prevent injury to the accused person or another person;
    (B) protect the property of the accused person from destruction or substantial damage; or
    (C) prevent a seriously injured vertebrate animal from prolonged suffering.

As far as a Lab being aggressive or not. Any dog can be that...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    That isn't exactly what Indiana Code says...

IC 35-46-3-12
    A person who knowingly or intentionally kills a domestic animal without the consent of the owner of the domestic animal commits killing a domestic animal, a Class D felony.
    (e) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the accused person:
    (1) reasonably believes the conduct was necessary to:
    (A) prevent injury to the accused person or another person;
    (B) protect the property of the accused person from destruction or substantial damage; or
    (C) prevent a seriously injured vertebrate animal from prolonged suffering

(keep in mind, we have seen examples of Sheriffs, Chiefs of Police, etc tell Indiana citizens they can't open carry, or that they CAN carry to a range w/o an LTCH, etc. all untrue)

Suggestion to newbies..
    Read the entire post before commenting. In your haste to get to 50 posts, you missed the fact that the issue you brought up was already addressed :D

Just sayin.. :cool: :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Could someone post a link to this please. I am not haveing good luck finding it.
    Looking at the longer video on fox 59 website the tracks aren't really clear but it looks like the dog was shot at the road and drug to the brush pile and shot again. then there are tracks leading away from the pile towards the treeline near the house.
    Kinda looks like the dog was on public land when shot initially. Either way 6 times in the head and a Lab to boot! Statistically one of the safest least aggressive dogs. I smell fish!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    1. Get a license to possess explosives.

2. Buy dynamite.

3. Make vest for dog. Strap dynamite vest to dog.

4. Dare neighbor to shoot dog.

Eh? :D

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I haven't read or heard anything about this Tony Williams complaining about his livestock being killed or even injured, but I have heard this isn't the first dog he has killed. If the dog was on his property and acted aggressively or even attacked, so be it.. even I'd pop the damn dog. I don't think this was the case.. why else would he initially lie he hadn't seen the dog? Then come to find out he did.. and even admitted he shot it, but not once, but six ****ing times?

Those Chocolate Labs are some scary ****ing dogs.. maybe I need to get one if they are really that bad ass!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I haven't read or heard anything about this Tony Williams complaining about his livestock being killed or even injured, but I have heard this isn't the first dog he has killed. If the dog was on his property and acted aggressively or even attacked, so be it.. even I'd pop the damn dog. I don't think this was the case.. why else would he initially lie he hadn't seen the dog? Then come to find out he did.. and even admitted he shot it, but not once, but six ****ing times?

Those Chocolate Labs are some scary ****ing dogs.. maybe I need to get one if they are really that bad ass!

Geez, I hope mine doesn't read this, she might find out what a pu$$y she really is.:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom