• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    In what language is stumbled the same as tresspassed? Obviously the dog owner doesn't have an adequate understanding of the English language and it cost the dog his life.

Don't know of any language that stumbled is the same as trespassed. Perhaps that's why the dogs owner didn't say trespassed. I stumbled across a dead deer in a farmers field not too long ago. I wasn't trespassing. I was driving down a public road and it was visible from the road.

From the one video it states the blood trail ran all the way to the road, from the video it looks like it would be very visible from the road.
    Dog shot: Ranked 19th in the World for Dock Diving, Moose the dog shot in the head six times - fox59.com

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Would someone PLEASE kill this thread? Maybe 6 shots to the "thread"?

I like your style......:D

Damndogs.jpg

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    You don't read so well huh? I clearly said

I read OK. Maybe better than you. You posted no information backed up by evidence. You said you "remembered" stats. I posted stats on fatalities and then made an opinion that the bite statistics likely aren't going to skew heavily enough to make Labs most likely to bite. Reading comprehension was taught in elementary school. Mine might have been a little better than yours.

You certainly are entitled to an opinion. I am also entitled to think you are ignorant for it. Just so you fully understand, we are in a HOA that forbids dogs from running loose. We had been here all of about a week. I have SMALL children worth more to me than your life or my neighbors dogs life. My neighbor was NEVER threatened. My neighbors dog is a PITBULL. I stand firmly by EVERYTHING in my earlier post.

And the name calling begins. The hallmark of someone who is having difficulty backing up their arguments. Good for you and your HOA. HOA's suck anyways and I bet you are on the board of it. You just sound like the type. I don't expect my life to be worth anything to you. I'll be just fine on my own thanks.

This actually proves your ignorance to me. I never stated anything about the dogs mannerism, you assume it wasn't aggressive just as you assume the intent was to intimidate, harass or threaten.

Ah...there it is again. Nothing says class like recycling the same insult over and over again. You say it was a pitbull. Check. You say it was aggressive. Check. You say you had it by the collar...wait..what!? A supposedly aggressive pitbull was threatening you and your family and you eventually had it by the collar with a gun to his head? You must be Rambo!!! I bet you had an M60 in each hand when the neighbor came to get his dog. With a cigar in your mouth! I wasn't assuming anything. Your story, which you then beautifully recounted in your post and is a sure sign of you trying to convince even yourself that it is true, is as leaky as a sieve. An aggressive pitbull that was threatening you allowed you to grab it by its collar? Yeah. OK.

Bottom line. You were brandishing a weapon in what, I think, was a non life threatening situation. You intimidated and threatened your neighbor with a firearm. Those would be pretty serious charges and I wish you would exercise some restraint the next time you feel like less than the baddest guy in the sticks.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    As a dog owner, it is only by the benovolence and grace of your neighbors that your dog isn't killed any particular time it escapes your control.

If your dog escapes your control through no fault of your own, and does something....anything annoying on your neighbor's property, and your dog survives, you owe your neighbor gratitude and an apology.

Dogs are not human. Dogs don't have rights. Your rights as a dog owner end at the property boundary of other property owners.

I'm sick of having to put up with the annoying habits of an animal I don't choose to own. The fact that I don't choose to shoot annoying dogs who enter my property is a testament to my being a nice guy.

In all conflicts between Man and Dog, I choose Man. As a dog owner, keep them completely under your control at all times and you will have zero problems.

Smells like Freedom to me.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Right...
    A dog is/does what it is taught to be regardless of the breed for the most part...

Sure it does, we are only getting one side from the news... :dunno:

One side is sufficient if it reveals six shots were fired when one, maybe two, would have sufficed. And that's taking the big-ass grain of salt that this was a legit self-defense shooting. I'm inclined to believe based on the preponderance of the limited information available that the shooter had no reason to fear imminent threat to his life or limb.

Everything else is somewhat incidental and, in some cases, irrelevant.

There's an excessive lack of critical analysis skills evident in this thread. Even for INGO.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    If the shooter had done the other two S's (the shovel and shut up part)we never would have heard about this.
    Anyone that equates an animals life with a person's life is completely untrustworthy and unreliable in my estimation.
    +1 Dross

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Practice, practice

1. Get a license to possess explosives.

2. Buy dynamite.

3. Make vest for dog. Strap dynamite vest to dog.

4. Dare neighbor to shoot dog.

Eh? :D
    He'd just shoot it when it went under your porch.

Please keep the commentary logical and preferably pose a solution that solves the problem rather than escalates it. If you're just trying to be funny you've failed miserably :)::laugh::lol2:and there is probably some maroon out there at this very instant making a suicide vest for his dog because of your suggestion. :rolleyes:

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    If the shooter had done the other two S's (the shovel and shut up part)we never would have heard about this.
    Anyone that equates an animals life with a person's life is completely untrustworthy and unreliable in my estimation.
    +1 Dross

My dogs life is more valuable to me than your human life is.

Your estimation of me as untrustworthy matters not.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Wow that is not cool at all, one shoot should suffice, but 6? Thats just cruel.

Its only cruel if you shoot it to wound it the first five times. If you shot to kill the first time and kept shooting 'cause it was still twitching your just following the law after the initial infraction by putting a vertebate animal out of it's misery.

This case is probably a case of stupid squared. Owner for not having the dog secured and assuming that everybody else likes his dog as much as he does. Mr. Williams for not phoning the neighbor or animal control since the dogs blood trail looks like it was on public ground when shot.

Lesson to all. Tracks in the snow are easy to follow. Especially if you steal a canoe, . . . . or if there's a blood trail involved .:twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is one of the truly educational threads on INGO. Really has opened my eyes and changed my attitude on how to handle situations involving dogs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom