• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    as easily as we're told this spreads I'm shocked at how many close household contacts never get sick.

almost like it's not as contagious as we were told

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I take the following mostly based on bloodwork that shows areas I could use a little boost.

Acidophilus
    Fish Oil
    Magnesium
    Mike Thistle-this one is my wife's request. I have some yellow on my cheeks. She thinks it helps minimize it. Dermatologist says it's nothing, just my skin tone.
    Multi vitamin
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D

Knock on wood, no prescribed meds yet. I'm fortunate and I'm guessing a little bit of an outlier being almost 61.

I'm also O Neg blood type which I have also heard is more resistant to bugs.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    as easily as we're told this spreads I'm shocked at how many close household contacts never get sick.

almost like it's not as contagious as we were told

My sister got it bad[ish] for a good 30 days along with my niece and nephew. My brother-in-law living in the same household? Never got it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Two weeks ago, I started to get slight headaches, and noticed I couldn't smell things very well (yes, you could say I don't smell good), then noticed that everything tasted like I had burned my mouth, went and got tested, and sure enough I had Covid 1984, my wife tested the next day...positive, same symptoms, but with nausea. The odd thing is my step-son got it, but my 18 year old Diabetic son, has so far tested negative... I pray he stays that way.Slowly getting my smelling abilities back...so I'm smelling better...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I started having symptoms last Thursday. I went Friday and took a COVID test. I slept all weekend long and only had one day with a temp of 102. Extreme body aches and fatigue. My test came back positive today so I am in quarantined mode until at least Saturday or Sunday.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I started having symptoms last Thursday. I went Friday and took a COVID test. I slept all weekend long and only had one day with a temp of 102. Extreme body aches and fatigue. My test came back positive today so I am in quarantined mode until at least Saturday or Sunday.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thank you. My wife and the little guy are getting tested tomorrow. Mrs Glue is having the symptoms. Little four year old Kam had a fever last night of 102 but after some meds he slept through the night and has no temp or other symptoms.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Wife and I had it, both thought our allergies were acting up. Didnt find out immediately that we had it because symtpoms were so minor we both just thought it was seasonal allergies. Got a blood test for antibodies a couple weeks later (to donate COVID plasma) and it was positive. Our 3 daughters (2, 5, and 9) never showed any symptoms.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    OK, so you're freaking me out about the allergy symptoms actually being the 'rona. :n00b:
    Mine didn't present with the lack of taste or smell. Felt more like a regular cold/flu. :dunno: It was a little weird with how the fever and headaches would come and go

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I had it starting back in late June. Took until mid August until I was feeling noticeably better, early October to start getting taste and smell back, and then I'd have olfactory "hallucinations' of really gross smells like raw sewage, rotten meat, and wet cigarette butts. Had pneumonia, body aches, loss of smell and taste, and myocarditis among others. Strangely, I never had a fever. Actually I can still feel it, get out of breath and tired very easily, brain fog often, and just don't feel anywhere close to 100%, maybe 75% on a good day. After a few discussions with my Dr. and The Boss, I decided it would be in my best interests to leave the job I had and find something a little easier. Prior I had no underlying issues. Don't have a clue where I picked it up at, I was doing what I was supposed to do, staying home as much as possible (we enjoyed that!), wearing a mask, etc.
    The Boss had it starting about a week after I did. Basically felt like she was getting a cold for about 3 days, then back to normal.
    A couple of my mom's friends had it, one had a relatively minor illness, the other died from Covid related pneumonia and was relatively healthy beforehand.
    My sister had it, not surprising since she is a NP in a Covid ward. Sick for about a week then back to normal. Nobody else in her house got sick as she was self isolating prior.
    A few ex-coworkers and some of their family members have had it, sick for a few days to a couple of weeks. Only one had mentioned any effects afterwards.
    One last thing I'll add. The Boss and I both had something back in late Febuary that was very Covid like. Since we didn't meet the criteria we weren't tested then, even though The Boss spent a few days in the hospital with her's. It almost seemed to me that the hospital staff was basically begging her to give them a reason to test, but being the superduper honest person she is, she refused to even bend the truth a little. Actually in the weeks before and after we had that round, a LOT of people at work were sick with a really nasty bug of some kind. Was it Covid? I don't know.
    While it wasn't asked about in the OP, you can bet your sweet bippy I'll be getting the vaccine when it becomes available.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dang John. Sorry you're still dealing with the effects! Crazy how it seems to affect some people that shouldn't be at risk and doesn't affect the ones most likely to have problems with it. So far, so good up here (knock wood).

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Was sick last week thought it was sinus and cold. Its still hanging around and now wife has sore throat and cough we both got tested today.

My friend called me and said he had tested positive this week and thought it was just sinus pressure and wound up being the Rona.

I thought sinus and cold symtoms were more rare with covid but it seems to be really common with people around here that are coming up with it.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Got it 2 weeks ago. Had a constant fever, horrible nerve pain in my legs that made it impossible to sleep at night for several days. Ended up going to the hospital because of chest pains, they checked me said I wasn’t having a heart attack, kept me for 4 hours then cut me loose. . Wife and our 1 year old both got it as well. Baby ran a 101-103 fever for almost two weeks.

it’ not “fake” , it’s not “just the flu”. I’m 30 years old, I work a physical job, I’m a runner and I lift. I went to Colorado and did an elk hunt two months ago where I walked 10-12 miles a day gaining and loosing several thousand feet of elevation per day. And Now I get winded going up the stairs to the second floor of my house. I tried to go hunting for whitetail this weekend and by the time I put in the effort to walk in get in my stand and walk out I felt like I had ran a half marathon.

After my family’s experience I’m terrified for what would happen to those older folks and those less in shape in my life that may get it. It’s also incredibly frustrating to now see those on social media pretending it doesn’texist.if someone walks up to me again to tell me it’s “fake news” I will not just nod and let them spew their nonsense.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Got it at the start of Oct.
    Felt like I was getting the flu.
    Whole body ached, nauseous, lack of appetite, really tired.
    No fever at all.
    Work made me call my Dr. and get tested and of course I was positive.
    Quarantined and was starting to feel better and went for my second test.
    Next day, I got a pain in my right side so bad, I couldn't breathe even sitting up.
    Went to the emergency room and got admitted for blood clots in both lungs and double pneumonia on top of it all.
    Spent 5 days hooked up to pumps, O2 & steroids.
    Finally tested negative, but it has been a rough month.
    Turns out, I have a defective gene that got affected by the Rona and started the clotting.
    So I am on blood thinner for 5 months and gotta go back for more testing.
    I tell you, there were a couple of days early on, I have no idea what happened.
    I lost track of everything.

Top Bottom