• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Gal across the road had it minimal side effects.

After 2 ER visits spanning 4 days waiting on testing results, FIL in IA is positive with covid (got prescribed covid meds prior to diagnosis). Their hospital beds are full. 3/4 siblings have been exposed. Hopefully we're on the upswing. He had fluids today and says he feels better.

He was having the same symptoms from a year ago when he was in Afib with the 5 way bypass.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Got it 2 weeks ago. Had a constant fever, horrible nerve pain in my legs that made it impossible to sleep at night for several days. Ended up going to the hospital because of chest pains, they checked me said I wasn’t having a heart attack, kept me for 4 hours then cut me loose. . Wife and our 1 year old both got it as well. Baby ran a 101-103 fever for almost two weeks.

it’ not “fake” , it’s not “just the flu”. I’m 30 years old, I work a physical job, I’m a runner and I lift. I went to Colorado and did an elk hunt two months ago where I walked 10-12 miles a day gaining and loosing several thousand feet of elevation per day. And Now I get winded going up the stairs to the second floor of my house. I tried to go hunting for whitetail this weekend and by the time I put in the effort to walk in get in my stand and walk out I felt like I had ran a half marathon.

After my family’s experience I’m terrified for what would happen to those older folks and those less in shape in my life that may get it. It’s also incredibly frustrating to now see those on social media pretending it doesn’texist.if someone walks up to me again to tell me it’s “fake news” I will not just nod and let them spew their nonsense.

Being an old (uh, is it OK these days to say "fart"?) person, I can answer your terror. We just be tough and muscle on the best we can. Not just you, not just me, but young and old across the spectrum and sputum. Cowering in fear is not a choice. This is war.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I work in a assisted living community.. 9 cases on our memory care unit. In the unit almost daily and being tested weekly... it’s awful for the other residents and their families.. enough said

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just returned home yesterday after living in a camper for a couple of weeks because my wife and daughter (and step mother) tested positive after returning from a trip to AZ. My wife had mild symptoms and no fever and my daughter never showed any symptoms. My step mother felt like she had the flu but nothing too extreme. I would have preferred to come home and just get it over with but I work closely with someone who is extremely high risk and owe it to them to do everything I can to protect them. I'm glad to be home and still tired of hearing about it 24/7. Last I checked 80% of positive cases were asymptomatic and the survival rate was still above 99%.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My Brother had a debiltating disease (PSP) near the end he tested positive for Covid...was asymptomatic..never showed and symptoms whatsoever of covid...he passed away in June...and one of the causes of death listed was covid.

My mother died of PSP, so I know all too well what that is like. I'm very sorry for your loss. It's hard to describe to somebody that hasn't experienced it, the grief for my mother took place over years watching what the disease did to her, but her death actually brought a sense of relief that it was finally over. Sorry for getting off-topic.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    So for those of you who have been impacted, does the contact tracing help you or your friends/family know when you were infected? From what I’ve read the majority of infections are happening in restaurants and the like. Where and how did you get it if you don’t mind sharing

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm curious about the contact tracing also.

My SIL was forced to quarantine at home while waiting on work related test results. Someone somewhere at the large facility where he works tested positive. This started a :poop:storm of problems, with everyone even remotely associated ordered to stay away until test results were back. They were having power problems at home and electricians would not come to the property until a negative test result was received.

All the while, the contact tracing that brought my SIL to quarantine could not be passed along to him. He could not be told who at his work had tested positive to confirm to himself whether he had ever even been near the 'Rona.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    So for those of you who have been impacted, does the contact tracing help you or your friends/family know when you were infected? From what I’ve read the majority of infections are happening in restaurants and the like. Where and how did you get it if you don’t mind sharing
    I do hope those affected share their experience.

Right now though testing is so overwhelmed I don't see how it's going to help.

One of my employees just tested positive at the ER this morning (presumably a rapid test). Technically I'm not considered an "exposure" because I wasn't within range of her for 15 minutes. Also we were both masked (though the CDC counts time and distance, not whether or not you were masked in considering an exposure)

I looked at testing sites to consider a test in a few days anyway. They are all booked out for a week. Then you have to wait a few more days for results. Anyone's quarantine will be over by then.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I had it in October. I work in healthcare and was exposed almost every day so no surprise it finally got me. I was moderately sick for 2 weeks and it took about a month to be 100% again. It was like a bad case of strep with chills. I absolutely could not keep myself warm. An electric blanket, hot fluids and hot showers helped greatly. It did not get into my chest but I did develop a dry cough. I fortunately did not pass it to my wife or anyone else that I know of. I self monitored my SPO2 levels and had the means to administer oxygen handy but thankfully never needed it.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    My brother passed away yesterday morning at Saint Anthony hospital in Crown Point. He was 64. He had COPD and lung cancer. He was dealing with the COPD staying active having a portable oxygen with him that he didn't always use. He was very recently diagnosed with cancer. He had only had one chemo treatment. He got a fever, was feeling bad and went to the hospital. He tested positive for covid. He passed away in ICU on a respirator about five days later.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I lost my dad to it in April.
    He was a heavy smoker but he lived on a farm and was very strong for his age.
    He was 77 years old. He went to the hospital on a weekend and died the following Thursday.
    I was able to get to see him for an hour on Tuesday and he said he didn't feel that bad but he was having trouble breathing.
    He was on room oxygen, no ventilator.
    I have been around people who have tested positive and I have a messed up immune system but I haven't gotten it yet.
    Stay safe everyone and prayers for all of you.
    Dan

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    hospitals are starting to let covid positive asymptomatic staff work with COVID patients because they have too many staff in quarantine

This doesn’t surprise me at all. It seems Indiana is hitting it’s peak right now. Covid overflow seem to be the buzzwords lately.

Those of you who have lost loved ones I offer my condolences and prayers. Anyone with health issues needs to be very cautious right now.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My brother passed away yesterday morning at Saint Anthony hospital in Crown Point. He was 64. He had COPD and lung cancer. He was dealing with the COPD staying active having a portable oxygen with him that he didn't always use. He was very recently diagnosed with cancer. He had only had one chemo treatment. He got a fever, was feeling bad and went to the hospital. He tested positive for covid. He passed away in ICU on a respirator about five days later.
    Sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for your family.

I lost my dad to it in April.
    He was a heavy smoker but he lived on a farm and was very strong for his age.
    He was 77 years old. He went to the hospital on a weekend and died the following Thursday.
    I was able to get to see him for an hour on Tuesday and he said he didn't feel that bad but he was having trouble breathing.
    He was on room oxygen, no ventilator.
    I have been around people who have tested positive and I have a messed up immune system but I haven't gotten it yet.
    Stay safe everyone and prayers for all of you.
    Dan
    I remember you posting this before. Still praying for your family as well.

My condolences to both of you.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for your family.

I remember you posting this before. Still praying for your family as well.

My condolences to both of you.

Thank you. It's been pretty hard on me but I'm still taking care of his place and his little dog lives with us now and she is happy as can be.
    She always loved seeing the kids so she fit in easily.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Sorry for all the loss we’re experiencing.. just had deal with it again today. Scary but confident in all the people I work with.. families are stressed and relying on staff for help. Prayers for all who are dealing with it. Tim

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm sorry. This is a tough time to lose someone.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Thank you. It's been pretty hard on me but I'm still taking care of his place and his little dog lives with us now and she is happy as can be.
    She always loved seeing the kids so she fit in easily.

I'm so sorry you lost your dad. My dad is also a tough old farmer. I've been worried my parents will make contact with this virus.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I lost my beard to COVID. Was forced to shave to fit for a respirator versus a standard duck bill. I've seen it be very mild, and also super invasive and require intubation. I am surprised we aren't seeing more influenza this year though...

Top Bottom