• nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    FINALLY!!

Due to the heavy amount of rain, I haven't been able to chase smallmouth on the Tippy for the last 2 months. :xmad:

It finally came down enough for me to float in my small boat. Floated from Springorough, to the River Junction.

One hour into the trip, and landed this chunk;

DSCN3444pw.jpg

The bulge in her belly was from this fish;

DSCN3445pw.jpg

Good day.

Landed about 20 smallmouths. Most on crankbaits, 2 on spinnerbaits.

Last one;

DSCN3447pw.jpg

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Toying with the idea of going out tomorrow morning, just haven't decided what to go for, probably the park pond again, since it got refreshed with all the rain lately... P
    robably my ultralight as usual for anything that will bite, picked up some Yum and Powerbait worms today, so might take the spinner for some bass, and not sure if I'll get out the catfish rig or not, not had much luck with it yet...

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Just got on to check the fishing reports. I'll be at the Oakdale Dam at 6am for a trip on the Tippy to SR18. I'll be look'n for some of those big Smallies. Glad to see they're hitt'n. Hopefully, I'll be post'n pics in the next couple of days.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    FINALLY!!

Due to the heavy amount of rain, I haven't been able to chase smallmouth on the Tippy for the last 2 months. :xmad:

It finally came down enough for me to float in my small boat. Floated from Springorough, to the River Junction.

One hour into the trip, and landed this chunk;

DSCN3444pw.jpg

The bulge in her belly was from this fish;

DSCN3445pw.jpg

Good day.

Landed about 20 smallmouths. Most on crankbaits, 2 on spinnerbaits.

Last one;

DSCN3447pw.jpg

Nice hawgs! I don't get into them much down my way, but I wish I did.

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Drove to Williams yesterday and netted some bait. The river is a bit on the high side for me but by the end of the weekend it should be good to go.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Went to Mill Race park in Columbus today to mess around. Water was slightly high but not bad, mainly just a lot murkier than normal and a little scummy back in the dock area.

Caught a couple really small bluegill and a half dozen small crappie. One vindictive crappie was 3 feet out of the water on the hook when he managed to spit it and hook me in the thumb with it... Spiteful huh?

Saw some nice bass out in the round pond area, couldn't get any bites though, gotta reline my larger spinner, couldn't cast worth a darn either, lol.

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Grew up down there not far from the covered bridge ;)

That explains alot:draw: J/k I love it down there and fishing the river just not in the floods. I am just up the road in Springville/Avoca area so it is a short trip for me.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    picture.php

Mill Race pond, caught on a 5" YUM dinger, green/chart. Probably 10"-12", my ultralight went down (reel release machanism issues) and so I switched to my medium spinner and hooked the bass. Has another really decent bite but flat out didn't get the hook set in time and lost it.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Had a first yesterday as I pulled in a 21" cat on my ultralite using a road runner lure. It was a good fight.
    IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Caught a lot of bass yesterday as well but there was no size to any of them. Biggest was just shy of 14". This was at Sullivan Lake.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Last Fri I caught my first walleye ever. It was only 15 inches but still my first. I caught it on a chartreuse roadrunner with a southern pro triple tip grub with a black body and chartreuse tail while trolling for crappie and wiper.

Last Sat I caught few bluegill and 2 small catfish on a roadrunner. It was slow fishing for 3 hours until a friend and I happen to move through a school of wiper feeding. It was chaos for almost an hour as the wiper chased the shad up and down a cove and we chased them. Fish were jumping everywhere around the boat. We would just cast to a recent splash with a roadrunner with a Arkansas shad body and burn it back to the boat near the surface. Caught so many we lost count.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    I have got to find a new place to fish I have been striking out week after week. It's quite frustrating...

Me too - of course, I think my biggest problem is not having a clue how to use the artificial worms/lures I've got. I know if I had worms/crickets, I'd have caught a heap of something Friday night. *sigh*

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Me too - of course, I think my biggest problem is not having a clue how to use the artificial worms/lures I've got. I know if I had worms/crickets, I'd have caught a heap of something Friday night. *sigh*

I'm right there with ya man, I never plan real far ahead, so live bait is normally not in my arsenal. Always a learning process to figure out what bait and where and when and how...

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm right there with ya man, I never plan real far ahead, so live bait is normally not in my arsenal. Always a learning process to figure out what bait and where and when and how...
    I'll join that club :yesway:
    I've got tons of lures but zero idea what I'm doing with them :):

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Tokk my nephew's 12 yr old out in the boat for the first time Friday afternoon to a private pond. We started out panfishing with bee moths on hair jigs. Here's his first crappie ever;

DSCN3448pw.jpg

We caught about 10 like this. Hurt to throw them back.

Later, I noticed a couple bass feeding up near shore. It was time to start him on spinnerbaits. ;) He caught a bass on his first cast!! This wasn't it, but it was his biggest of the day;

DSCN3451pw.jpg

He did OK. Though, he's going to have to get better on his landing and handling, before I take him down the Tippy for a day. :D

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Hoping to go out maybe Tuesday morning, took my 4 year old out yesterday and scouted a couple new spots I want to try...

One of them had at least 6 carp swimming close to the surface that looked 24"+ (close to the surface is relative, it was only a couple feet deep). Lots of little bluegill close to the bank in moss/weed beds.

Another spot I saw some decent bass close to the bank, and several bluegill but very scummy/algae covered, looks tricky to fish... About 3-4 feet of clear water at the bank, then 8-10 feet of algae/moss/weeds, then clear water again...

And me with no boat...

Top Bottom