• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Caught this guy out of Island Pit this evening. Probably 3-4 pound range and measured 18". Road runner with the ultralite. Caught 2 others and both measured 13-13.5".
    Island8-6-11.jpg

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Well I wouldn't call today a successful day, but it certainly was an eventful day...

Me and my son went fishing at Mill Race here in Columbus, lots of people there, no one having much luck... No nibbles on the ultralight, maybe a small nibble or two on the Dinger worm, then we moved to the other side of the pond dam/docks...

After about 45 mins, I'd tossed my 5" green pumpkin/chart dinger out (3/0 hook, 1/8 bullet weight, texas rigged) and I swear I thought I got hung up on a snag at the bottom, then the "snag" almost took the rd out of my hands as it moved and I hadn't expected it at all. Drag was screamin, I was trying to bring whatever the heck it was in and keep an eye on the boy at the same time, after about 7-10 minutes I got it close enough to the dock to see some color, and it swam under the floating dock and snapped my 12 lb. test... Looked like the line might have gotten rubbed under the dock somewhere, metal brace or something...

I'm pretty sure it was a carp or buffalo, probably in the 20"+ range from the quick glimpse I got. It got away, but was the biggest fish I've hooked into yet and it was fun!

Yeah, that was my first "one that got away story" that was worth repeating... Lol.

And the kid cast his pole into the lake immediately after that. I fished it out, but since he hadn't started to reel yet to trip it, stripped all the line and was tangled enough I had to cut it anyway... Saved the pole, lost the line...

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Went out on Sullivan yesterday and pulled in 9 crappie (all 8-9 inches) and 5 LM's (only 1 legal). Was out there for about 3.5 hours (evening).

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    thanks!

fished out at the family farm pond on Saturday.

Caught 5, biggest being a 2.5 pounder of my very first cast. My 16yo caught 2, only his 2nd time bassin.

Top Bottom