• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Went out and fished Atterbury today... Hit Teal Marsh, Stone Arch Lake, and checked out Pisgah Lake (sp?).

Nuttin. Saw big carp again, but I won't go back without a boat, too much algae and moss/weeds extending out from the bank, I didn't have anything that could fish it well without getting hung up somewhere...

Then went down to Driftwood, nothing there, but saw several large fish surfacing and one big looking catfish rolling in the shallows, but would have had to drive around to get to the other side of the inlet to go after it... Another spot a boat would make things much easier at.

Maybe it was too hot? I wasn't pulling anything from weeds, shade, overhanging trees, underwater snags, nothing.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Went out and fished Atterbury today... Hit Teal Marsh, Stone Arch Lake, and checked out Pisgah Lake (sp?).

Nuttin. Saw big carp again, but I won't go back without a boat, too much algae and moss/weeds extending out from the bank, I didn't have anything that could fish it well without getting hung up somewhere...

Then went down to Driftwood, nothing there, but saw several large fish surfacing and one big looking catfish rolling in the shallows, but would have had to drive around to get to the other side of the inlet to go after it... Another spot a boat would make things much easier at.

Maybe it was too hot? I wasn't pulling anything from weeds, shade, overhanging trees, underwater snags, nothing.

Welcome to my life dude... and I have a boat... lol

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Hoping to get my boat this weeked. It was my grandfather's and been sitting at my uncle's for... lots of years. Needs a new transom and should be good to go, if I remember right it's a 12' aluminum flatbottom, and dad says I can borrow one of the trolling motors off his boat (he runs two) and a battery. As long as it isn't too bad to load/unload from on top of my Blazer, I'm set!

Been looking at a small johnboat trailer, but no excess money in the forseeable future.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    Daughter's first one (that stayed)

So, we went down to Atterbury again one evening and my girl was able to catch about 3 smallish bluegills. :rockwoot: They did put up a decent struggle for their size, so she did well to bring em in. They were all well and truly hooked.

She actually caught one a little smaller earlier in the week at the river, but it got off the hook before I could get to her or take a picture. She was quite sad.

Anyway, I'm not sure how interested she'll be in eating them when she catches larger ones, but as long as she lets ME eat 'em, I'll be OK with that. :): She definitely liked being successful and returning the little ones.

IMG_8792.jpg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Hit Atterbury up this morning hit a 12 inch bass first cast! got another 12 incher but came home with about 20 bluegill and one rock bass. All cleaned and ready for the deep fryer.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Which lake?

I've got a boat now (12' jon boat, brought it from my uncle's to my parents' today) but it's going to need some work and I'm low on funds (new transom wood, a couple seams sealed, rivets replaced, registration, and overall cleanup) but I'll be able to get out there in the open water next summer I hope!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Stone arch by the POW chapel. My buddies and I go every weekend usually on Sunday but Saturday just looked like a better day this weekend. Stone arch is really the only place we have had any luck. I have yet to have the Wife and kids in the boat I don't really want to take my 18 month old but my 4 year old would be alright if she doesn't get bored to fast and want to go home...

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Stone arch by the POW chapel. My buddies and I go every weekend usually on Sunday but Saturday just looked like a better day this weekend. Stone arch is really the only place we have had any luck. I have yet to have the Wife and kids in the boat I don't really want to take my 18 month old but my 4 year old would be alright if she doesn't get bored to fast and want to go home...

Right on, tried Stone Arch and Teal Marsh last week, but since I was bank fishing, not all that much luck since I kept getting hung up in that algae/moss/weeds, even with weedless rigs.

Brought my boat home today! Might start a thread documenting the fixing up, because it's a little rough at the moment...

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Went out Friday morning and had a 22" channel in the boat within 5 minutes of being there. I was bass fishing and caught a cat; go figure. That's the 3rd cat I've caught using the black and blue spinner I keep in the tackle box.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    IMG_2068.jpg

10lb 6oz Wiper caught by a friend from work. A few of us were out last Friday night crappie fishing with minnows at the lake I live at. She brought it in on a 4lb test line, took her close to a half an hour to to do it. We also caught 25 crappie and a few other small wipers.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Nice fish tell her congrats. How deep were you fishing for the crappie?
    I was fishing 4 feet deep in 18-20 feet of water under the light I had in the water. She was 8-10 feet deep in the same depth under her light. The crappie were fairly shallow and the wipers were hanging out a few feet underneath them.

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    I was fishing 4 feet deep in 18-20 feet of water under the light I had in the water. She was 8-10 feet deep in the same depth under her light. The crappie were fairly shallow and the wipers were hanging out a few feet underneath them.

I'd rig up a crappie I caught and put that down there for those big wipers:rockwoot:

Nice catch:yesway:

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    bluegill

My 9 y.o grandson with 2 respectable bluegill caught from strip pit last Sunday, he caught 1st one on a Yum plastic worm and the other on a live redworm! Note the smile! pic soon.
    10hn7tg.jpg

\

Last edited:
    Top Bottom