• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Then what would I do with this cape and bat suit I bought at the flea market?

Cosplay? :):

h87.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The shooter has a history of road rage and threatening to shoot people. I think I'm pretty safe in saying that he started the fiasco. And I'm pretty sure that his history is allowed as evidence in a civil trial.

It's a shame that there isn't some kind of government agency that the shooter could have called to report such a heinous crime as illegal parking.

I'm pretty sure Florida does not allow open carry, and concealed carry requires a permit. If he was a permit holder, I cannot see how he was allowed to keep it after any verified incident of brandishing or threatening with it

If he did not have a permit, why isn't he being charged for that. I hope there is more to the incident than is currently apparent because it doesn't really make sense. In Ohio it is quite likely his permit would have been revoked

To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such. - Jeff Cooper

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm pretty sure Florida does not allow open carry, and concealed carry requires a permit. If he was a permit holder, I cannot see how he was allowed to keep it after any verified incident of brandishing or threatening with it

If he did not have a permit, why isn't he being charged for that. I hope there is more to the incident than is currently apparent because it doesn't really make sense. In Ohio it is quite likely his permit would have been revoked

I keep repeating myself here BUT......
    I'll bide my time and WAIT until I get all the facts. I have come to the realization that the media reports what is to their advantage.
    When all is said and done I figure I'll have enough actual facts to come to my own conclusion. One snippet of video might not portray the actual facts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll bide my time and WAIT until I get all the facts. I have come to the realization that the media reports what is to their advantage.
    When all is said and done I figure I'll have enough actual facts to come to my own conclusion. One snippet of video might not portray the actual facts.

Knowing you and I ran the same turf and possibly a few of the same redheads (:):) I would ask you how this would have came down in our day. And what has so drastically changed in the world. Yes, much has changed.
    Answer if you wish. If not I already now.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Knowing you and I ran the same turf and possibly a few of the same redheads (:):) I would ask you how this would have came down in our day. And what has so drastically changed in the world. Yes, much has changed.

Are you guys Eskimo brothers?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

I don't see how this shooting is justified but at the same time you're absolutely right. We don't have all the facts.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I would ask you how this would have came down in our day. And what has so drastically changed in the world. Yes, much has changed.
    I grew up on different turf and possibly in a different time, but in my day if you were yelling at a guy's wife or girlfriend you'd better either be able to quickly apologize or be handy with your fists. A man who was scared for his life after getting pushed down wasn't considered much of a man, especially when he had it coming. A gun would never cross a real man's mind in this situation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I grew up on different turf and possibly in a different time, but in my day if you were yelling at a guy's wife or girlfriend you'd better either be able to quickly apologize or be handy with your fists. A man who was scared for his life after getting pushed down wasn't considered much of a man, especially when he had it coming. A gun would never cross a real man's mind in this situation.

Exactly. But this is no longer the way of things.
    Also note my lady would not have broken the parking rules. So no need to worry. Cause and effect in a basic way.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Our folks brought us up to behave better than this but our Pappy's also taught us to take care of business when needed.
    Besides... in our prime days we didn't have all the damned video cameras everywhere.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I lived in Florida (about 10 years ago so take this with a grain of salt) and when I got my permit I had to attend a legal use class. I remember walking out of class feeling that the Stand Your Ground law was about as open as you could get. Simply feeling scared was enough justification under the law. It was almost empowering how open it seemed. Curtilige (sp) was defined as anything you owned (so you could protect your home, car, dog, etc.). Not saying in this case shooting was right wrong or indifferent but all the "old guy" had to say is I felt scared for my life and its more or less case closed legally. I also believe unless there is a criminal case against the shooter the Stand Your Ground law had a civil protection clause. This is from memory so some things might have been tweaked but based off the Sheriffs statement it doesn't sound like it. Just posting to provide that "ahhh...now I understand why they didn't prosecute" insight.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Exactly. But this is no longer the way of things.
    Also note my lady would not have broken the parking rules. So no need to worry. Cause and effect in a basic way.

Parking lots in Florida are of a different breed than in Indiana. Much wider spacing for the cars and MANY more handicap slots because of the number of Q-Tips who reside there (yeah, I'm a Q-tip too, but someone pulled all the cotton off my stick :) ).

There are a tremendous number of *******s in Florida with nothing better to do than tell you how you should go about your day. The west coast of Florida is particularly full of them.

It would have been poetic justice to see the driver pull out a piece and waste the meter maid wannabe.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I grew up thinking that. Then one day, when I lived in Chicago, I saw a guy walking down the street take a punch to the head from a homeless guy who felt slighted because the man ignored his demand for change. He hit his head on the pavement and I heard later from the front desk guy (it happened in front of the building I lived in) he went into a coma and ended up with severe brain damage.

News flash... Our world of today isn't covered with soft grass or wrestling mat, like the world of our youth was. It's covered with asphalt and concrete, and landing hard on it can easily cause severe bodily injury or death.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I grew up thinking that. Then one day, when I lived in Chicago, I saw a guy walking down the street take a punch to the head from a homeless guy who felt slighted because the man ignored his demand for change. He hit his head on the pavement and I heard later from the front desk guy (it happened in front of the building I lived in) he went into a coma and ended up with severe brain damage.

News flash... Our world of today isn't covered with soft grass or wrestling mat, like the world of our youth was. It's covered with asphalt and concrete, and landing hard on it can easily cause severe bodily injury or death.
    Which is why if you're weak you shouldn't shout at women over parking spaces.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

This is very true. And someone with a prior brain injury might be further damaged by even a punch to the head and therefore the threshold to use deadly force different for them. Just depends who's listening I guess.

Top Bottom