Fmr Marine arrested over internet posts; FBI says comments "terrorist in nature"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I just posted this story on Facebook and I won't be answering the door tonight.
    You don't have to.
    mech-breaching.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not surprised, he appears to be a nutcase, and said some pretty damning thing. I would hope, no expect that someone would look into him a bit further. And who knows what they found?
    For all his talk, it was just as one would expect, talk. The Feds came, and rolled over like an old blue tick, without so much as a whimper.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I guess the lesson here is stay off facebook and watch what you post anywhere on the web. I wonder if it's time to bring back anonymous handbills and tack them on fence posts and telephone poles. This is scary folks.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm not surprised, he appears to be a nutcase, and said some pretty damning thing. I would hope, no expect that someone would look into him a bit further. And who knows what they found?
    What was so bad? I didn't read anything that was worse than things I've seen on this website. Hardly anything that we should expect the Feds to go and arrest someone over.

For all his talk, it was just as one would expect, talk. The Feds came, and rolled over like an old blue tick, without so much as a whimper.
    Why is he being criticized for being peaceful?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    NO WAY. On TV the police read them their rights every time they place handcuffs on the suspect. If they don't, that is a false arrest.I cannot tell you how many times a suspect told me that.

Yea it gets old doesn't it? Everyone is a lawyer it seems.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Facebook post's about the revolution coming and the idiot has a picture of him standing shirtless holding a long gun. This guy seems a little whacked out to me. Also it does appear that he did resist in the video before he was put on the ground. Then when told to get into the car he remained standing with that crazy look on his face.

I have not seen anything yet to give me the least bit of sympathy for this guy. His former service status has no bearing on the issue. Sure we all have respect for those that have served but it does not mean a free pass because you did.

There is more to this that what we are getting here.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Whether one has a Facebook account is irrelevant.
    Stellar Wind and TrapWire have you dead to rights.
    Bank online? They've got you. Have a car with OnStar?
    They've got you. Carry a mobile tracker (phone)?

"You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hands." - Guns 'N' Roses

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What was so bad? I didn't read anything that was worse than things I've seen on this website. Hardly anything that we should expect the Feds to go and arrest someone over.

Why is he being criticized for being peaceful?

We have no idea "why" he was taken into custody, only the assumption that it was solely his Facebook wall postings that generated the Fed's interest. How much further down does the rabbit hole go? What has he stated to other people, or on other websites? We simply don't know. For all the millions of FB users say similarly stupid things, does one think some agent simply stumbled upon these postings and wasn't pointed there? That a lottery type luck, if it's happenstance.

I'm happy he was peaceful, but he certainly talked a big game. His words are treasonous, and with that talk, it no wonder that he got somebody's attention.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We have no idea "why" he was taken into custody, only the assumption that it was solely his Facebook wall postings that generated the Fed's interest. How much further down does the rabbit hole go? What has he stated to other people, or on other websites? We simply don't know. For all the millions of FB users say similarly stupid things, does one think some agent simply stumbled upon these postings and wasn't pointed there? That a lottery type luck, if it's happenstance.

I'm happy he was peaceful, but he certainly talked a big game. His words are treasonous, and with that talk, it no wonder that he got somebody's attention.

This is why I use Facebook to play games and "like" pictures of puppies. I've got friends in the UK (and an aunt that has lived over there for a few years on a mission thing) that have seen posts from friends about going shooting. They freak out a bit and they know that I'm not posting things that are a bit out there.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Thats the shill account someone made

Do we know for a fact that it is a shill account? If you look at the posts, they go back to June or July with an Album called December 12, 2011. The pics were uploaded 12/12/2011. There are quite a few people with multiple accounts and dogs and cats with Facebook accounts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do we know for a fact that it is a shill account? If you look at the posts, they go back to June or July with an Album called December 12, 2011. The pics were uploaded 12/12/2011. There are quite a few people with multiple accounts and dogs and cats with Facebook accounts.

+1 and why would someone make a fake acct of someone that is relatively unknown?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The guy was holding a puppy and was once a marine, hell even his own mother said he's awesome...he can't possibly make bad decisions.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Whether one has a Facebook account is irrelevant.
    Stellar Wind and TrapWire have you dead to rights.
    Bank online? They've got you. Have a car with OnStar?
    They've got you. Carry a mobile tracker (phone)?

"You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hands." - Guns 'N' Roses

Yeah, this is true. Try Googling yourself and you'll find several websites that list your name, address, contacts, family, etc.

As far as tracking goes, a pay by the month phone, like Trac phone for example, activated from a number other than your home phone and then give a zip code near you but not yours, will keep them from identifying who that phone belongs to. (Just be sure to pay with cash for the phone). But, there are so many other ways they've got you that it is very difficult to stay invisible in today's world short of hiding yourself in the middle of nowhere and never having any outside contact again.

Best hope is to not do anything that gets too much attention. They'll go after what they consider immediate threats first. That means you'll be around number 38 million on their list if you're lucky! Never off the list--just farther down the line.

Top Bottom