Fmr Marine arrested over internet posts; FBI says comments "terrorist in nature"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Dee Rybiski,spokesperson for the FBI..."Given the circumstances with the things that have gone on in this country,with some of these mass shootings,it would be horrible for law enforcement not to pay attention to complaints." Sounds like the sheep are demanding protection from their Overlords.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    One good way to create fear is to have the government show up at your door, handcuff you and take you away for a mental evaluation. This might just tend to silence any opposition.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No judge, no jury, no appeal. I've seen far more provocative internet posts than his vague facebook ramblings. Keep telling yourselves that you're free.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    " Terrorist in nature " WOW !

What exactly qualifies as " terrorist in nature " . I bet a lot of us could be caught up in that vague net .

Where exactly is the line before the Gestapo , I mean KGB , I mean FBI comes busting down your door ?

Welcome to Amerika , comrade .

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    He was not "arrested" they say. Merely taken in for an evaluation at a mental health facility.

Arrest: "to seize (a person) by legal authority or warrant"

Merely taken in for an evaluation at a mental health facility for a month. Most of the articles I've read, the authorities have been falling back on one post. That post was lyrics from a Swollen Members song. While I wouldn't say that I like Swollen Members, being a fan is no reason to be locked up in a psyche hospital.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Merely taken in for an evaluation at a mental health facility for a month. Most of the articles I've read, the authorities have been falling back on one post. That post was lyrics from a Swollen Members song. While I wouldn't say that I like Swollen Members, being a fan is no reason to be locked up in a psyche hospital.
    I thought it was only 72 hour hold for evaluation unless court ordered. That would require an arraignment, would it not?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Once they go to the psychiatric facility, it is a whole different ball game. It is between the shrink and the judge. The PoPo is out of the decision on being locked up. It is also all very private.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Once they go to the psychiatric facility, it is a whole different ball game. It is between the shrink and the judge. The PoPo is out of the decision on being locked up. It is also all very private.
    But how can a judge be involved if the person is not in the system? Where is the due process? Everyone wonders how people can get so mad ...

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    So basically he has been adjudicated as mentally unsound, and thus they have suspended his second amendment rights, because of exercising his first amendment rights?

I sure hope there is a better reason they arrested him than simply the internet posts. I've seen hundreds of crazier and more radical posts than that--just google "9-11 conspiracy" or similar.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    So basically he has been adjudicated as mentally unsound, and thus they have suspended his second amendment rights, because of exercising his first amendment rights?

I sure hope there is a better reason they arrested him than simply the internet posts. I've seen hundreds of crazier and more radical posts than that--just google "9-11 conspiracy" or similar.

A total BS trainride if you ask me.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Everything I've read has said it was about his Facebook posts. I haven't seen anything that mentioned the other forums he was active on or the groups he participated in...just Facebook. Several articles I've read have stated that the 30 day evaluation is to see if he is unsound mentally. It almost makes me wonder if they saw that there was nothing wrong with him after the 72 hour and they're possibly trying to break him so they can claim he is mentally unsound.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But how can a judge be involved if the person is not in the system? Where is the due process? Everyone wonders how people can get so mad ...
    For him to be in past 72 hours, he would have appeared before a judge for a commitment hearing. Which he apparently had if they are describing him as involuntarily committed. He would have had his own attorney present for that hearing.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Apparently someone didn't realize what he posted on facebook was taken from the lyrics of "Take Me Down" by the Rap Group Swollen Members.

"When Mad Child step on stage, I cause hysteria
    Now they won't let my crazy ass back in America
    Eagle labeled me as an illegal evil immigrant
    I'm far beyond the magic of a wand inside a wizard's fist
    Sharper than the hand of Edward Scissor's, I'm a wiz at this
    Hotter than the desert but I'm colder than a blizzard kid
    Harder than a prison bid, with God I'm never hesitant
    My business it isn't as amazin as it's ever been
    As long as God allows me to be clever it will never end
    Sharpen up my axe and I am back, I'm here to sever heads
    Compulsive obsessive, I'm also aggressive
    My mouth is the message, my life is a lesson, my pulse is a blessing"

-Swollen Members, Bring Me Down Lyrics

SWOLLEN MEMBERS LYRICS - Bring Me Down

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    What concerns me the most and an update, maybe.

Col. Thierry Dupuis, the county police chief, said Raub was taken into custody upon the recommendation of mental health crisis intervention workers. He said the action was taken in accordance with the state’s emergency custody statute, which allows a magistrate to order the civil detention and psychiatric evaluation of a person deemed to be potentially dangerous.

from: Marine vet detained for strident Facebook posts - Marine Corps News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Marine Corps Times
    Emphasis mine.

Raub interview? or fake?
    Video - Kidnapped Marine vet Brandon Raub speaks out from psych ward - Richmond Liberty Movement | Examiner.com

No one has arrested him, he's in custody, with no warrant, no accusation.
    Because he was deemed potentially dangerous. Potentially is what
    really irks me about all this. Who isn't potentially dangerous...
    well, except me of course. RIGHT, G MEN?

Was he committed against his will? So long rights.

Top Bottom