Fmr Marine arrested over internet posts; FBI says comments "terrorist in nature"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Facebook post's about the revolution coming and the idiot has a picture of him standing shirtless holding a long gun. This guy seems a little whacked out to me.

I have not seen anything yet to give me the least bit of sympathy for this guy. His former service status has no bearing on the issue. Sure we all have respect for those that have served but it does not mean a free pass because you did.

You sure about that free pass?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We all have a free pass to hold long guns and speak freely.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Better yet, should sedition be protected speech?
    Seems like we'd be walking a tight-rope if we aren't allowed to use the "R" word without being arrested. Wouldn't you say?

96750_ronpaul_revolution_616.jpg

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    so the new black panther party can preach revolution and the blood of white folk in the street without issue but one of those possible domestic terrorists say it and they're kicking in doors.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Brandon Raub, Posts on Facebook = "Terroristic in Nature"

Nadal Hasan, kills dozens shouting Allah Akbar, NOT terroristic in nature..

Welcome to Bizarro World

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think they should save the arrests for people who specifically talk about targeting and killing people. Not just vague grumbles of "revolution" on the internet, but specific and detailed criteria.

Take Michael Reagan for instance, and his calls for specific and detailed murder. The FBI must not have been tuning into his radio show when he said this. Too busy spying on the plebs.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWxEyplLzRk[/ame]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Considering the Alien and Sedition Acts expired over a century ago, yes.

"Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI." -- Deteriorata, National Lampoon, 1972

You are correct, and if tried establish today, it would be justifiably ruled unconstitutional. However, USC Title 18 covers such matters.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Well, we elected a commie for a president. His czars are corrupt and don't want to even pay taxes. Guess the re education camps come next huh? This was a litmus test to see the reaction from society. As sheep, you did fine.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Better yet, should sedition be protected speech?

No type of speech that I can think of is more important than seditious speech. Actually, in a society with a truly republican form of .gov that type speech is literally impossible since the .gov is made up of the people.

In fact, if seditious speech is outlawed then you no longer have a government of, by, and for the people.

The act of outlawing it is actually antithetical to the type of gov we are supposed to have.

There. I said it three different ways. I hope that clears up my feelings on the subject.:cheers:

Last edited:

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    So let me get this straight....he says some bad things about the .gov (who doesn't?) and they haul him off and stick him in a hole? This reminds me of something.....give me a sec it will come to me.......AH!!! I remember now!!!! I read about this kind of thing in history class when the Third Reich came in to power. This seems disturbingly similar to events in the past. The more the days go by, the more the cloud gets darker.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No type of speech that I can think of is more important than seditious speech. Actually, in a society with a truly republican form of .gov that type speech is actually impossible since the .gov is made up of the people.

In fact, if seditious speech is outlawed then you no longer have a government of, by, and for the people.

The act of outlawing it is actually antithetical to the type of gov we are supposed to have.

There. I said it three different ways. I hope that clears up my feelings on the subject.:cheers:

You may be right, your argument certainly has it merits. I needs to think on this some more.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm not surprised, he appears to be a nutcase, and said some pretty damning thing. I would hope, no expect that someone would look into him a bit further. And who knows what they found?
    For all his talk, it was just as one would expect, talk. The Feds came, and rolled over like an old blue tick, without so much as a whimper.

What, exactly? I don't think anybody's given a fair accounting of the "crime."

Yeah, this is true. Try Googling yourself and you'll find several websites that list your name, address, contacts, family, etc.

As far as tracking goes, a pay by the month phone, like Trac phone for example, activated from a number other than your home phone and then give a zip code near you but not yours, will keep them from identifying who that phone belongs to. (Just be sure to pay with cash for the phone). But, there are so many other ways they've got you that it is very difficult to stay invisible in today's world short of hiding yourself in the middle of nowhere and never having any outside contact again.

Best hope is to not do anything that gets too much attention. They'll go after what they consider immediate threats first. That means you'll be around number 38 million on their list if you're lucky! Never off the list--just farther down the line.

Even with a business registered to my home address, google my name and you'll get anything BUT me. :D

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    So let me get this straight....he says some bad things about the .gov (who doesn't?) and they haul him off and stick him in a hole? This reminds me of something.....give me a sec it will come to me.......AH!!! I remember now!!!! I read about this kind of thing in history class when the Third Reich came in to power. This seems disturbingly similar to events in the past. The more the days go by, the more the cloud gets darker.

Keep in mind the source of all this information. Everyone keeps posting "...you mean to tell me..." YES, that's exactly what his FAMILY means to tell you. If there is one thing we can all be sure of, his brother and mother are including all the aggravating and mitigating circumstances involved. We should probably send them all money.

Top Bottom