Fmr Marine arrested over internet posts; FBI says comments "terrorist in nature"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Merely taken in for an evaluation at a mental health facility for a month. Most of the articles I've read, the authorities have been falling back on one post. That post was lyrics from a Swollen Members song. While I wouldn't say that I like Swollen Members, being a fan is no reason to be locked up in a psyche hospital.

I wonder what they would do to a person for listening to Mel Torme?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i cant believe how little the media is covering this...ive seen two articles about two seperate instances of someone threatening the president (illegal and tarded). one via FB the other via email...it seems like the media wants people who are searching for this particular incident to be confused by the other two stories which are very dissimilar and not nearly as big of a story as this (IMHO)....i know this is a 2A forum..but it is a "forum" and the 1st is an incredibly important amendment.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    i cant believe how little the media is covering this...[snip]..

I absolutley CAN believe it.
    Hey did you here about prince harry?! Of course you did. We all did.
    The news is no longer, "the news". Sad isnt it.

Without the internet most important info would never see the light of day. But dont worry, they are working on making the internet *safer* for us.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    The Rutherford Institute is going to work and trying to get him released.

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...ice_of_appeal_challenging_arrest_detention_of

Judge orders release of detained Marine veteran

CBS_6_News_Catie_Beck said:
    Judge Allan Sharrett dismissed the case Thursday against Brandon Raub. The judge said the original petition for Raub’s detention contained no facts. In other words, there was no information on why Raub was being held — and the judge deemed this violated his civil liberties.
    As a result, the judge ruled the government had no grounds to hold Raub.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I was just being pessimistic should have been in purple I guess. Though it is highly unlikely any of the people involved will have to face the music. If he sues the taxpayers lose.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I assume then that he was not found to have a grave mental illness and was held anyway. Sounds to me like someone needs some prison time.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    They might. Click below.

FBI — Color of Law

Wait a minute, if the FBI is supposed to investigate allegations of civil rights abuse and the fabrication of evidence, isn't that the fox guarding the henhouse? Just like the Hutaree militia being rounded up and arrested on fabricated evidence, what has happened to the agents that were involved? How can these people be brought to justice if their own agency is the investigating authority?

Top Bottom