• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    He is a single issue poster on countless boards. He searches the internet every day for new threads on the 5.7 and immediately signs up on the board and starts with his "5.7 is as good as any cartridge shtick" often times cross posting the same things over and over. You'll never see him in a thread talking about anything but the 5.7. When the thread about the 5.7 dies, he stops posting on that board.

I find his behavior suspect.

He's either the worlds biggest 5.7 fanboy that's ever lived. This would likely be the result of a mental disorder given the magnitude of his efforts, so I rule this out as being the likely motive. Or perhaps he's an employee of FNH, Elite Ammo, or someone else when a financial dog in the fight (I think this is most likely). Or perhaps he's a PR guy hired to do nothing but surf social media putting a positive spin on an unpopular product (yes, such people/companies really exist).

Right now he has 3 active threads on the 5.7 on 3 different sites (here, Defensive Carry and 1911 Forums) and Google brings up a good number of his threads/posts all across the internet. He uses a different user name almost every time, but you can spot him when he regurgitates something from one of his countless other threads. That's why I posted the quotes from Dr. Roberts, I knew if it was him he would cut and paste his rant against the good Doctor.

That "rant", as you call it, wasn't even mine. I have said similar things, but those words aren't even mine.. they are DmL5's. He is the supreme master of all things 5.7 and I have learned a lot from him.

Now, to clear things up.. I have absolutely no financial interest in FN, EA, or any other gun business. I only own the gun and happen to like it. It appears you are a DocKGR disciple which is fine. I'm hoping his ancient reports aren't what caused you to sell such a fine firearm like the Five-seveN. The dentist is full of baloney on the issue.

Now, if you aren't interesting in talking about the Five-seveN you probably should be done with this thread.. like you said last night, "there's little point in continuing the discussion".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    This simply isn't true. 5.7 ammo trees have definitively been proven to exist in most communities in the United States. If the world ended tomorrow you could easily find 5.7 ammo everywhere. The government has secret bunkers all across the nation with billions of 5.7 round stored should something go wrong. I've read the classified documents that clearly state these stores are to be opened up should the government collapse.

That, coupled with its deathray like properties, makes it one of the best SHTF cartridges possible.

Actually, FN factory ammo was about the only ammo you could find when we had the huge ammo shortage a few years ago. Some people speculate it is because FN has total control of their production and are not a U.S. company and thus aren't influenced by local politics. I don't know the veracity of that theory but I do know that FN ammo was about the only ammo you could find for a while.

That being said, it is nowhere near as prolific as other common calibers and if you were walking around during the apocalypse, you would certainly have an easier time foraging for 9mm. However, if you already had a nice stash of 5.7x28mm, you would be able to carry more as 5.7 weighs 50% less than 9mm.. don't even talk about the weight of .45ACP.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Now, if you aren't interesting in talking about the Five-seveN you probably should be done with this thread.. like you said last night, "there's little point in continuing the discussion".
    In case you haven't noticed, I wasn't talking to you.

Now run along and check your other 5.7 threads scattered around the internet.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    It doesnt really matter what caliber you carry.

The likelyhood of using it is so small, the likelyhood of caliber differences being the live or die factor is even smaller.

However, being a douche about it on the interweb.........

Thats pretty likely these days.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So much hostility. What has you so angry? That I disagree with your opinion of the 5.7 platform? It's just a gun man...

A gun you have apparently dedicated your life to. :dunno:

Do you...have dreams about it?

Z9oK6.gif

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So much hostility. What has you so angry? That I disagree with your opinion of the 5.7 platform? It's just a gun man...
    No hostility at all. I'm sure all your 5.7 threads you juggle is quite time consuming and I just want to help a brother out -- keeping your eye on that 5.7 ball.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I REALLY like CZs. So, I'm going to write a bunch of canned posts, save them on my computer. I will then search the interweb every day and smite anyone who dares to disparage my beloved czech pistol with an epic copy-paste job that I've lovingly crafted over months and months.

That's totally normal, right?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    If you wanna read through a very classic but typical 5.7 debate thread, here you go. I don't have the time or motivation to pull off one of these anymore... those days are long gone.. lol

So what's the general consensus on the FN Five-seveN? - THR

The 5.7x28mm is an extremely polarizing topic and it provides for some very entertaining discussions (if that is what you are into - I was for a while). The energy that supports all the bickering stems from ignorance, bias, jealousy, tradition, misinformation, etc. etc. Everybody wants their gun to be the best, but that simply isn't the case. It all comes down to bullet placement.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I REALLY like CZs. So, I'm going to write a bunch of canned posts, save them on my computer. I will then search the interweb every day and smite anyone who dares to disparage my beloved czech pistol with an epic copy-paste job that I've lovingly crafted over months and months.

That's totally normal, right?

Arguing between two brands of a common caliber hardly compares to a "5.7 thread". You know this...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    No hostility at all. I'm sure all your 5.7 threads you juggle is quite time consuming and I just want to help a brother out -- keeping your eye on that 5.7 ball.

As I said, I don't do the 5.7 battle thing anymore. This is the most action I've seen in over 6 months. Yes, a heated thread can be VERY time consuming. I've burnt up whole evenings trying to keep up in a hot discussion. That's the reason for the copy/paste. Most of the misinformed comments are regurgitated over and over and over. A quick copy/paste informs and saves me the effort of having to type it all out again.

For example, a very common comment you will see from 5.7 detractors is this:

"It's nothing but a 22 mag".

If I happen to see that and care to respond, I might paste something like this:

In a pistol-to-pistol comparison, with 40-grain bullets, the 5.7x28mm EA loads achieve a muzzle velocity roughly 700 ft/s faster than the .22 Magnum.

When 30-grain bullets are compared pistol-to-pistol, the 5.7x28mm EA loads achieve a muzzle velocity roughly 1000 ft/s faster than the .22 Magnum.

In a pistol-to-pistol comparison, the 5.7x28mm EA loads produce about three times the muzzle energy of the .22 Magnum.

Kel-Tec PMR-30 22 Magnum Semi-Auto Pistol
    FN Five-seveN USG 5.7x28mm Semi-Auto Pistol

The Five-seveN pistol still has more velocity/energy than the .22 Magnum even when the WMR is fired out of a 24in barrel. If we take into consideration bullet behavior, any comparison trying to be made between the two weapon systems starts to look silly. One behaves like an ice-pick, and the other a 5.56 NATO round.

Out of the PS90, depending on the grain of .224 projectile used, we are talking about a velocity range of 3,000-3,400 fps, and energy range of 670-700 ft-lbs with either fragmenting, expanding, or tumbling rounds. Of course all will penetrate armor and some rolled steel.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Low_grain, do you have a local board that you call home where you do something other than cut-n-paste info endlessly about the 5.7? Google brought you here looking for a debate, despite what you're claiming - it's obvious you search for 5.7 threads anywhere you can find them.

This is a Indiana Gun Owners forum... are you even from Indiana?

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    I admit I like the FN Fiveseven but my main complaint is the cost. of the pistol.
    To bad FN can't bring the price back down to 2004/2005 levels, when it cost new $799 Street Price and $750 NIB from a dealer that wanted to unload it because no one else would buy it.

Thats like buying a $500 Glock back in 2005 for $800 today.
    I like Glocks but not that much!

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    This is a Indiana Gun Owners forum... are you even from Indiana?
    Is that now a requirement to post? :dunno:

I would really like one of these guns someday. But it would have to be after winning the lotto or someone just gives one to me.
    Just too expensive for me. Very cool guns though.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Did I say it was? :dunno:

It's called a question. I assume it's ok to ask those around here still.
    I did say you did? :dunno:
    Just seemed as relevant to the discussion as asking if he liked the color blue or if he preferred Coke or Pepsi.
    You asked a question, I asked a question.
    Seems questions are ok.
    My question was because I am fairly new to posting to the board but I have read thousands of posts and yours was the first that I had encountered questioning the state of residence of a poster. I asked to see if it mattered what state they resided in.
    What was the purpose of your question?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I did say you did? :dunno:
    Just seemed as relevant to the discussion as asking if he liked the color blue or if he preferred Coke or Pepsi.
    You asked a question, I asked a question.
    Seems questions are ok.
    My question was because I am fairly new to posting to the board but I have read thousands of posts and yours was the first that I had encountered questioning the state of residence of a poster. I asked to see if it mattered what state they resided in.
    What was the purpose of your question?
    The answer to your question is in the posts above. See the exchange between Low_grain and myself.

No, it's not required to be a Indiana resident to post here. If it were, I'm sure you would have been asked your state of residence at sign up and informed you weren't able to use the board if you were from out of state - if that were the rule. Fortunately, it's not.

Top Bottom