• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Forget caliber, if you really want the best for self defense just have this guy follow you around :D ( sorry I had to post it)

ed209.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I love the 5.7.
    I hate the 5.7.
    You're a poopy head.
    Takes one to know one.

Bored

I feel the same way. Everybody has their favorite pet caliber. I own many, I just prefer the Five-seveN pistol for concealed carry. I haven't taken part in a big argument over it in a long time. I was just Googling some Five-seven stuff and this thread popped up with Mr. "full-auto", going full-auto on misinformation. Since I had contributed a bit before, and already had an account, I figured I would copy/paste a few corrections.

Tell me all the ways you hate the Five-seveN; it's plastic, it's too expensive, it's too big, it's ugly, it's too loud, etc. Just leave the false information where it belongs, in the garbage bin.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    That was the cut-n-paste I was expecting.

Now that I've confirmed your identity there's little point in continuing the discussion. You'll be gone soon.

Do tell!

When he first popped up, I suspected he had some pecuniary interest in EA ammo. Am I right???

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i want to "believe" in the 5.7 round.
    but i have to agree with full auto.
    your life depends on your weapon.
    is this really the time to experiment with something new?
    45/40/9 357 38 44 all have been around for years, and are proven stoppers.
    i cant say the same for mister 5.7

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    low grain, you defend the 5.7 so hard, it makes people think you have something invested in it.
    did you buy stock in fn? did you invent the round?
    just asking so i can understand, why so serious?

to everybody. the best defensive round, is the one you shoot best. .17-50 cal. if your accurate, then you will be able to defend yourself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    i want to "believe" in the 5.7 round.
    but i have to agree with full auto.
    your life depends on your weapon.
    is this really the time to experiment with something new?
    45/40/9 357 38 44 all have been around for years, and are proven stoppers.
    i cant say the same for mister 5.7

Nothing is a "proven stopper" (which I guess in this context means: will drop a man regardless of shot placement) save for the very high-powered rifle rounds. All pistol rounds have failed to stop an attack at one time or another and it didn't have to do with caliber.

A self-defensive pistol needs to be reliable, accurate, and on your person when you find yourself knee-deep in $#!&. The Five-seveN is a high-quality firearm, is accurate as hell, reliable as hell, and that's all there really is to it.

Tissue damage, penetration, etc. have all been definitively proven, but those facts aren't worth nothing if you can't shoot. I can post pages of stories of shootings with 9mm, .40, .45 "failing" to kill/stop/drop/.. whatever. It wasn't the caliber that failed, it was the aim.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    low grain, you defend the 5.7 so hard, it makes people think you have something invested in it.
    did you buy stock in fn? did you invent the round?
    just asking so i can understand, why so serious?

to everybody. the best defensive round, is the one you shoot best. .17-50 cal. if your accurate, then you will be able to defend yourself.

FN isn't a publicly traded company so one cannot "buy stock in it".

I used to enjoy the lengthy debates because they were so easy to win; the facts were "on my side". I don't really enjoy them that much anymore, but I will still drop a thread bomb from time to time when I see an egregious use of fiction when discussing my favorite platform.

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    I have a brother-in-law that has a 5.7 and he loves the gun. It shoots well and it seems to have good energy transfer. But one thing that you always want to think about is bullet availability. The 5.7 ammo isn't the easiest stuff to find and when you do find it, you will pay a premium for it. If it gets more popular here in the next few years and more companies start making it, then maybe the price will go down and it will be easier to get your hands on. But until then I will steer clear of it because of the price and the availability.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I have a brother-in-law that has a 5.7 and he loves the gun. It shoots well and it seems to have good energy transfer. But one thing that you always want to think about is bullet availability. The 5.7 ammo isn't the easiest stuff to find and when you do find it, you will pay a premium for it. If it gets more popular here in the next few years and more companies start making it, then maybe the price will go down and it will be easier to get your hands on. But until then I will steer clear of it because of the price and the availability.

Cabelas and Cheaperthandirt has it for a reasonable price most of the time. I just bought a pile of SS195 from CTD for around 21.50 a box of 50. Last year you could get SS197 for around 18.00 a box.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With the current rage of the "flash mob" attacking a person for no reason, having a five round .44 might drop a couple, but if the mob is high on stuff, the big booms might not be enough to make them run. Reloading would be a bear.

Now granted the 5.7x28 might not drop someone that is high on stuff, having 20 rounds, and placing one round into each of your attackers will give the late arriving police a field day making arrests at the local hospitals. Unfortunately your next of kin might have to testify in your behalf, but at least you went down putting the hurt into the maximum number of people.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    With the current rage of the "flash mob" attacking a person for no reason, having a five round .44 might drop a couple, but if the mob is high on stuff, the big booms might not be enough to make them run. Reloading would be a bear.

Now granted the 5.7x28 might not drop someone that is high on stuff, having 20 rounds, and placing one round into each of your attackers will give the late arriving police a field day making arrests at the local hospitals. Unfortunately your next of kin might have to testify in your behalf, but at least you went down putting the hurt into the maximum number of people.

Speaking of big booms.. the Five-seveN is as loud as "full-house" 10mm. It literally will turn heads at the gun range. The fireball is impressive as well.

s21CP.gif

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Do tell!

When he first popped up, I suspected he had some pecuniary interest in EA ammo. Am I right???
    He is a single issue poster on countless boards. He searches the internet every day for new threads on the 5.7 and immediately signs up on the board and starts with his "5.7 is as good as any cartridge shtick" often times cross posting the same things over and over. You'll never see him in a thread talking about anything but the 5.7. When the thread about the 5.7 dies, he stops posting on that board.

I find his behavior suspect.

He's either the worlds biggest 5.7 fanboy that's ever lived. This would likely be the result of a mental disorder given the magnitude of his efforts, so I rule this out as being the likely motive. Or perhaps he's an employee of FNH, Elite Ammo, or someone else when a financial dog in the fight (I think this is most likely). Or perhaps he's a PR guy hired to do nothing but surf social media putting a positive spin on an unpopular product (yes, such people/companies really exist).

Right now he has 3 active threads on the 5.7 on 3 different sites (here, Defensive Carry and 1911 Forums) and Google brings up a good number of his threads/posts all across the internet. He uses a different user name almost every time, but you can spot him when he regurgitates something from one of his countless other threads. That's why I posted the quotes from Dr. Roberts, I knew if it was him he would cut and paste his rant against the good Doctor.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    This simply isn't true. 5.7 ammo trees have definitively been proven to exist in most communities in the United States. If the world ended tomorrow you could easily find 5.7 ammo everywhere. The government has secret bunkers all across the nation with billions of 5.7 round stored should something go wrong. I've read the classified documents that clearly state these stores are to be opened up should the government collapse.

That, coupled with its deathray like properties, makes it one of the best SHTF cartridges possible.

Top Bottom