• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Serious question, wasn't it the .40 S&W (AKA Glock FO-TAY) that blew up? I have a 19, 26 and a 21. They go bang, not kaboom.
    Back several years ago that was the big complaint. As I recall there was even a website that coined the kbm! or something like that for Glocks blowing up. I thought most of them were related to people using lead bullets,

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Back several years ago that was the big complaint. As I recall there was even a website that coined the kbm! or something like that for Glocks blowing up. I thought most of them were related to people using lead bullets,
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere to only shoot jacketed bullets in Glocks. Oh yeah! It was in the manual that came with the gun!!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Serious question, wasn't it the .40 S&W (AKA Glock FO-TAY) that blew up? I have a 19, 26 and a 21. They go bang, not kaboom.
    That’s what I had always read. The .40 round (primarily reloaded rounds from what I read) was the culprit due to such a high pressure... but I had thought they worked that issue out years ago. Never heard of any kabooms recently.

My 19 or 26 has never had any jams, light primer strikes, or kabooms. Have thousands of rounds thru my 26, never a single malfunction.

This is California we’re talking about. I’d like to see evidence in this case. Sounds like a liberal activist attempting to raise liability issues against a gun manufacturer to me.

fordfarmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Morgan County
    Years back it was all about the 40 cal. Unsupported chamber and the bulge case. I think people were bulge busting the case to many times and weakening the case causing blow out.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I have acouple of 19s, a 19x, a 21, a 26, and 2 polymer 80 19s, and a polymer 80 26.
    Not 1 problem from any of them.
    They just work.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Years back it was all about the 40 cal. Unsupported chamber and the bulge case. I think people were bulge busting the case to many times and weakening the case causing blow out.
    The infamous Glock smiles. Glock is faulty in that regard. In larger caliber barrels the cases are not fully supported like they should be. Maybe the 9mm barrels don't suffer from this problem. Only way to fix it is buying an aftermarket barrel that actually supports the case as it is supposed to be.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Every one of my Glocks has gone Kaboom when I pulled the trigger on a live round. Every one of them. Every time. Funny, I always thought they were supposed to do that. My Gen 4 G20 does kaboom in a bigger, more violent way, though. Is that bad?

Can I get in on this and get some money? Maybe I can buy more ammo with it so they can continue to go kaboom.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Actually what..? Carol Baskins...

Whoever made the comment on the class action page that you screen grabbed used the user name (Amanda G. King) of the woman who was charged with murder in the story I linked you.

So, Carol Baskins may well have killed all sorts of people, and almost certainly did murder her husband, but the actual joke there was a different woman who actually was convicted of killing her husband.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Whoever made the comment on the class action page that you screen grabbed used the user name (Amanda G. King) of the woman who was charged with murder in the story I linked you.

So, Carol Baskins may well have killed all sorts of people, and almost certainly did murder her husband, but the actual joke there was a different woman who actually was convicted of killing her husband.
    I know man. I was blowing you some S——

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Glock 20 will do that with full power 10mm rds. Why most buy Wolff or other aftermarket barrels. In a way I agree with this suit the barrel should fully support the case like aftermarket barrels do.
    Hardly. I shoot my nuclear 10mm rounds through stock Glock barrels, as well as my LWD barrels. Somewhere here a long time ago I posted a picture of several different 10mm barrels side by side and the Glock barrels were middle of the pack when it comes to chamber support.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    This Glock 24 was defective so I sold it..
    Seriously It couldn't be made to malfunction & sold for $200 more than I had paid..

The Long Slide 40 S&W Glock 24
    G24Ammo.JPG

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hardly. I shoot my nuclear 10mm rounds through stock Glock barrels, as well as my LWD barrels. Somewhere here a long time ago I posted a picture of several different 10mm barrels side by side and the Glock barrels were middle of the pack when it comes to chamber support.
    So you were shooting 200gr bullets at 1258fps? Or faster with glock factory barrels without glock smiles? I find that hard to believe.

Wolf and KKM barrels don't have that problem. Glock needs to step up their quality. My Gen 3 has very little case support compared to aftermarket barrels.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi289.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fll216%2Frlwardlow%2Flunapic_131553115041473_9.gif&hash=055509558abe22086d2d0e9be243a14b
    Barrel on right is glock factory.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We need tort reform for these ****ing ambulance chasers.

If you didn't know about Glock chambers before buying, it is your own fault. I've seen three 1911's "blown up" and zero Glocks...

These are not gun people behind this, just look at the pictures in the article. No eyepro, bad grip, etc. One of the guns pictured isn't even a Glock. :n00b:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom