• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Sorry dad, We cast our own and they are hard cast, I still don't shoot them out of a Glock
    Why not are they at least 16BHN if so there is no problem I've used double tap 200gr wfngc bullets without leading problems pushing them at 1258fps avg.

Even Buffalo Bore site posted up info on the difference and that you can shoot hard cast in factory glock barrels.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Glock may have improved their barrels since Gen 3 however, there are thousands of unsupported chambers made and they should be fixed you know to make it glock perfection and all.

Last edited:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Look , I'm not getting in a pissing match with you. You think Glocks are junk and need upgraded to make them safe, your opinion. I'm drinking some Crown and I don't want to start anything.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Look , I'm not getting in a pissing match with you. You think Glocks are junk and need upgraded to make them safe, your opinion. I'm drinking some Crown and I don't want to start anything.
    Like I said we will have to agree to disagree. You have your opinions I have mine. I've experienced the imperfection of Glock barrels first hand. You may not have. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My CZ P10F is better than any Glock 9mm out of the box.
    I have to say that this is how I feel about my P10c vs my Gen 5 G19.

But I did have thousands of rounds through my issued Glock 22 in the legendary kaboom 40 caliber, and never had an issue.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have to say that this is how I feel about my P10c vs my Gen 5 G19.

But I did have thousands of rounds through my issued Glock 22 in the legendary kaboom 40 caliber, and never had an issue.
    After Glockman posted that picture of the evolution of glock barrels. I looked at my Gen 3 10mm barrel it is identical to that of the 1998 barrels chamber. In 10mm that is using real 10mm loads you get bulging and splits both destroy brass. I as a reloder found a good load that doesn't bulge or split the brass. I cannot shoot Underwood 200gr bullets in my G20sf or it will split them beautiful nickel plated brass. So I took apart the Underwood 10mm 200gr load found out how much 800x they used and backed off until I found a load my gun likes and can handle without destroying the brass.

10mm is supposed to handle 37,500psi a +p load would be 41,250psi. My barrel can't handle to spec 10mm pressure.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've put a LOT of my own cast/coated boolits through 9mm Glock Gen4 barrels. Just seasoned in 3 Gen5 barrels a few weeks back with the same loads.

I'm sorry you are having trouble dad.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Pretty interesting what Hickok45 says about the original sights on his 20 year old Glock...

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Woah. I can't believe that stuff. She wasn't aware that her finger on the trigger could cause death or injury?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've put a LOT of my own cast/coated boolits through 9mm Glock Gen4 barrels. Just seasoned in 3 Gen5 barrels a few weeks back with the same loads.

I'm sorry you are having trouble dad.
    Nothing that can't be solved with an aftermarket barrel. I've never heard of a Glock 9mm having split cases. Just the larger and higher pressure cartridges.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Like I said kkm or LW barrel will fix a glock chamber support problem. Just another add on to a glock to make it a good gun. Because out of the box it's absolutely horrible. Thus the flooded aftermarket add on for glocks flourishes. Replace the barrel, trigger, sights, and recoil rod and spring and you have a good Glock.
    Nothing that can't be solved with an aftermarket barrel. I've never heard of a Glock 9mm having split cases. Just the larger and higher pressure cartridges.

Oh OK, sounded to me like you were having problems with all sorts of things?

On top of knowing better than Glock about how to build, arguably, the worlds most popular firearm?

:dunno:

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Oh OK, sounded to me like you were having problems with all sorts of things?

On top of knowing better than Glock about how to build, arguably, the worlds most popular firearm?

:dunno:
    I expected better than what I got from the world most popular firearm. Your 9mm might run fine but Glock messed up on the barrels on the Gen 3 10mm and 40 S&W are you in denial of that too? I'm not the only one that has problems with factory glock barrels. That's why most buy aftermarket barrels for 10mm and 40 S&W. Because Glock doesn't have proper chamber support.

You and I will have to agree to Disagree on this issue you seem blinded by Glock Fandom.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I expected better than what I got from the world most popular firearm. Your 9mm might run fine but Glock messed up on the barrels on the Gen 3 10mm and 40 S&W are you in denial of that too? I'm not the only one that has problems with factory glock barrels. That's why most buy aftermarket barrels for 10mm and 40 S&W. Because Glock doesn't have proper chamber support.

You and I will have to agree to Disagree on this issue you seem blinded by Glock Fandom.
    Yes, we disagree my friend, but we are back to the same thing about numbers.

For every one person such as yourself who believe that Glock should build their guns to your specific needs, there are how many who are perfectly fine with how they come from the factory? How many who have done their research to find that loads beyond normal factory loads might require a modification to the stock firearm?

The difficulty you get into is when you start making blanket statements that just aren't true.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes, we disagree my friend, but we are back to the same thing about numbers.

For every one person such as yourself who believe that Glock should build their guns to your specific needs, there are how many who are perfectly fine with how they come from the factory? How many who have done their research to find that loads beyond normal factory loads might require a modification to the stock firearm?

The difficulty you get into is when you start making blanket statements that just aren't true.
    So your saying Underwood and Buffalo Bore are not normal 10mm factory loads? And that the watered down 10mm loads that shoot basically 40S&W speeds is normal factory loads? Thanks for the clarification I should have bought the 40S&W Glock because the 10mm Glock can't handle real 10mm loads. Gotcha.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When I started looking at 10mm, I asked a question about failures similar to those back in the 90s when the manufacturers basically took 9 mm and put .40 cal barrels in them causing failures. Is it possible this also happened to early 10mm offerings that were built on .40 cal designs? Maybe with the Gen changes the barrels changed.

After reading all this about Glocks, I hope Springfield didn't do something similar with their 10mm offerings.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When I started looking at 10mm, I asked a question about failures similar to those back in the 90s when the manufacturers basically took 9 mm and put .40 cal barrels in them causing failures. Is it possible this also happened to early 10mm offerings that were built on .40 cal designs? Maybe with the Gen changes the barrels changed.

After reading all this about Glocks, I hope Springfield didn't do something similar with their 10mm offerings.

Says they had a 10,000rd torture test and if you look on down it says fully supported chamber.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    So your saying Underwood and Buffalo Bore are not normal 10mm factory loads? And that the watered down 10mm loads that shoot basically 40S&W speeds is normal factory loads? Thanks for the clarification I should have bought the 40S&W Glock because the 10mm Glock can't handle real 10mm loads. Gotcha.
    Without looking it up i would say those loads are almost definitely higher pressure.
    Im not saying you're wrong that they could have supported the chamber more. Im just saying that they didn't and its up to you to know the limits.

Its kind of like someone shooting Ruger only loads out of their S&W and then saying it's S&W fault for not building a better gun

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Edited to make a minor correction.

The G20 10mm was developed before their .40S&W. Even before their .45. It was built from the ground up to handle the full powered 10mm loads and is responsible for keeping 10mm around because when .40 came out 10mm was in major decline. A few of us hobbyists kept the 10mm alive because it is a reloader’s round dream, and can be used for hunting most medium sized game in an autoloader. The resurgence it’s seen in the last decade is a result of that and after the 96 sunset meant that many of the other major manufacturers felt free to start making full size guns again.

The G20 chamber is perfectly fine across all generations for full power factory loads. The earlier ones were looser, though not as much as some will insist on in spite of evidence to the contrary, and many of us switched to aftermarket barrels to ramp up the power or to shoot lead as the octagonal rifling is more prone to leading. That is not indicative of a design defect, it was never intended from the factory for either. I own every generation of G20 and G29 as well as most of the non-custom manufacturers offerings (still looking for the BrenTen for my collection) and I have never hesitated to shoot any of my loadings including my nuclear ones in my Glocks. Something I won’t do in a few of my other 10s. In spite of the dismissive label of “Glock fanboy” casually tossed around by some to try to avoid actually acknowledging valid points, my real fanboy passion is the 10mm.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom