• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Since it is from California, it would not surprise me if an anti 2nd amendment group is sponsoring this activity. Especially if we start seeing more of these in the next year.

Sue them into submission has been used as a tactic in other industries....tobacco just off the top of my head is an example.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Some brilliant legal minds at work here...

story.png

pretty.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We need tort reform for these ****ing ambulance chasers.

If you didn't know about Glock chambers before buying, it is your own fault. I've seen three 1911's "blown up" and zero Glocks...

These are not gun people behind this, just look at the pictures in the article. No eyepro, bad grip, etc. One of the guns pictured isn't even a Glock. :n00b:

Like I said kkm or LW barrel will fix a glock chamber support problem. Just another add on to a glock to make it a good gun. Because out of the box it's absolutely horrible. Thus the flooded aftermarket add on for glocks flourishes. Replace the barrel, trigger, sights, and recoil rod and spring and you have a good Glock.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    So you were shooting 200gr bullets at 1258fps? Or faster with glock factory barrels without glock smiles? I find that hard to believe.

Wolf and KKM barrels don't have that problem. Glock needs to step up their quality. My Gen 3 has very little case support compared to aftermarket barrels.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi289.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fll216%2Frlwardlow%2Flunapic_131553115041473_9.gif&hash=055509558abe22086d2d0e9be243a14b
    Barrel on right is glock factory.
    My 200gr hard cast are running about 1250fps typically out of the stock G40. New Starline brass. I also bought into the “unsupported barrels will make your Glock a grenade” bs many years ago when LWD came out with their barrels. Somewhere here in the archives I also posted my velocity results firing out of different bbl lengths from the G29 up to 16.”

To date the ONLY issue I’ve ever had with brass on any of my 10mm rounds was out of my Delta Elite which has an exceptionally unsupported chamber, and that was using hotter loads with many times loaded brass and a twitchy powder.
    I’ve customized the hell out of Glock 10mms, including building one of the first G20 longslides (before Glock came out with the G40) when LWD came out with their stripped upper. I have zero hesitation shooting any of my loads out of a stock Glock 10mm, and I own a lot of them and have many tens of thousands of rounds through them. I have every bbl length LWD has made for them, and a couple of KKM bbls as well. I still don’t buy into the bs.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My 200gr hard cast are running about 1250fps typically out of the stock G40. New Starline brass. I also bought into the “unsupported barrels will make your Glock a grenade” bs many years ago when LWD came out with their barrels. Somewhere here in the archives I also posted my velocity results firing out of different bbl lengths from the G29 up to 16.”

To date the ONLY issue I’ve ever had with brass on any of my 10mm rounds was out of my Delta Elite which has an exceptionally unsupported chamber, and that was using hotter loads with many times loaded brass and a twitchy powder.
    I’ve customized the hell out of Glock 10mms, including building one of the first G20 longslides (before Glock came out with the G40) when LWD came out with their stripped upper. I have zero hesitation shooting any of my loads out of a stock Glock 10mm, and I own a lot of them and have many tens of thousands of rounds through them. I have every bbl length LWD has made for them, and a couple of KKM bbls as well. I still don’t buy into the bs.
    I can't go above 1258fps or 9.6gr 800x because I'll get bulging, 9.8gr it gives me the glock smile case split. So I backed off to where it didn't do any bulging or case splitting "glock smiles" that is out of my stock Glock 20sf barrel. So I was happy with 702 ft lbs of energy avg. It shoot around 3.5" groups at 50 yards off rest. I'm about out of 200gr will be using 180gr for awhile next. I've read that some of the early G20sf got the gen2 barrels for awhile maybe I was unlucky and got one of the older barrels sometime in the Gen 3 era they updated the barrels. Is what I've read on the Glock forum.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I can't go above 1258fps or 9.6gr 800x because I'll get bulging, 9.8gr it gives me the glock smile case split. So I backed off to where it didn't do any bulging or case splitting "glock smiles" that is out of my stock Glock 20sf barrel. So I was happy with 702 ft lbs of energy avg. It shoot around 3.5" groups at 50 yards off rest. I'm about out of 200gr will be using 180gr for awhile next. I've read that some of the early G20sf got the gen2 barrels for awhile maybe I was unlucky and got one of the older barrels sometime in the Gen 3 era they updated the barrels. Is what I've read on the Glock forum.
    800x was always problematic because of its pressure curve. It builds pressure early and can have some odd spikes. It’s also more sensitive to case volume variants. I went to blending my powder, something I do not recommend to anyone who doesn’t have a lot of experience and access to pressure gauges.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Man you really like saying " glock smiles" ;).

I'm with BW, these people are looking for a quick payday, they are not enthusiast handloading hot 10mm, handloaders realize they are pushing the limits and may have to change things to go further. Any factory handload should be just fine in a glock barrel, I'm not talking stuff from buffalo bore and other custom loadings.
    My opinion of course

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Man you really like saying " glock smiles" ;).

I'm with BW, these people are looking for a quick payday, they are not enthusiast handloading hot 10mm, handloaders realize they are pushing the limits and may have to change things to go further. Any factory handload should be just fine in a glock barrel, I'm not talking stuff from buffalo bore and other custom loadings.
    My opinion of course
    Glock smiles are a Glock only problem that I have never ran into with other firearms. I'm not a Glock fan boy so I'm critical of their product. Their barrels have the worst chamber support of all the top brands including a not so top brand Taurus.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Glock smiles are a Glock only problem that I have never ran into with other firearms. I'm not a Glock fan boy so I'm critical of their product. Their barrels have the worst chamber support of all the top brands including a not so top brand Taurus.
    i dont know if they have the worst chamber support of everybody.
    i also dont think they should be put into top quality status, they have always been budget production guns. If you're looking for budget 10mm its a pretty small group, although its been growing recently

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    i dont know if they have the worst chamber support of everybody.
    i also dont think they should be put into top quality status, they have always been budget production guns. If you're looking for budget 10mm its a pretty small group, although its been growing recently
    For a company that advertise as perfection it sure has a lot of parts that need replaced with aftermarket parts to get that way.

My CZ P10F is better than any Glock 9mm out of the box. Has great chamber support as well.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    For a company that advertise as perfection it sure has a lot of parts that need replaced with aftermarket parts to get that way.

I'm just saying people may be using the wrong pistol for the wrong purpose.

If you want a 10mm to push the envelope there are better choices, a G20 has always been bottom tier in that market.
    1911, 3rd gen S&W, bren 10, revolver, all better suited, all more expensive
    Glock has never been top tier. Cheap, simple, low number of parts thats what makes them good for aftermarket support, doesn't matter what slogan their marketing department comes up with

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    This too is complete BS. I have thirteen different models of production 10mms and Glock is middle of the road in regards to chamber support in 10mm.

Glocks aren’t high end guns. They are decent, reliable, serviceable weapons that are simple and easy to work on. If all this is going to be is a Glock bashing thread like the million others out there then I’m out.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Telling other people that their experiences with something are complete BS usually don't end well!

Maybe both experiences are real and for some other reason are not shared?

glockman49

1911 NUT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Floyd County Indiana
    I've been a Glock Armorer for about 25 years. The only time I have seen a Glock blow up is when reloads that were way too hot to be shot were used. Glock has always had a policy against shooting reloads in their guns. It voids the warranty. You are not to shoot lead bullets in Glocks either in the Gen 1-4 guns. People that don't follow the rules sometimes suffer the consequences. The reality is most Glocks function just fine with reloads if they are loaded to spec. Cowboys who load hot risk having that big failure. People that don't read the information that comes with their Glocks are setting themselves up for failure if they reload or use lead bullets. Read the manual that comes with your guns and you will see the warning clearly spelled out on the above.

As far as malfunctions on Glocks. You do have to replace parts sometimes but most problems can be traced to limp wristing. If you hold the gun too loose in your hand, it likely will not cycle properly. We have seen some factory related problems over the years but they have all been easily fixed by sending back to the factory or finding a local Armorer to fix it. Glock is a gun that goes bang every time you pull the trigger so if you are not prepared for that, buy something else. The fool that puts their finger inside the trigger well and wonders how the gun went boom really should not be handling firearms. Just sayin

FROM GLOCK: The warranty will be void if any of the following occur: ... Reloaded, remanufactured, or handloaded ammunition, or ammunition of a different caliber than your GLOCK pistol is used.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This too is complete BS. I have thirteen different models of production 10mms and Glock is middle of the road in regards to chamber support in 10mm.

Glocks aren’t high end guns. They are decent, reliable, serviceable weapons that are simple and easy to work on. If all this is going to be is a Glock bashing thread like the million others out there then I’m out.
    No BS about it I've experienced Glock Imperfection first hand.

Yes Glock deserves to be bashed when they are in the wrong.

Supposedly they have addressed the chamber support issues in Gen 4 and 5 guns.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Telling other people that their experiences with something are complete BS usually don't end well!

Maybe both experiences are real and for some other reason are not shared?
    I think that making an assertion that is provably untrue and not providing evidence to back it up deserves to have BS called on it. Of course, that seems to be the societal trend lately so maybe it’s ok. Should I be calling it fake news? He just said all he’s doing is bashing, so as I said, I’ll bow out of this “discussion” now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've been a Glock Armorer for about 25 years. The only time I have seen a Glock blow up is when reloads that were way too hot to be shot were used. Glock has always had a policy against shooting reloads in their guns. It voids the warranty. You are not to shoot lead bullets in Glocks either in the Gen 1-4 guns. People that don't follow the rules sometimes suffer the consequences. The reality is most Glocks function just fine with reloads if they are loaded to spec. Cowboys who load hot risk having that big failure. People that don't read the information that comes with their Glocks are setting themselves up for failure if they reload or use lead bullets. Read the manual that comes with your guns and you will see the warning clearly spelled out on the above.

As far as malfunctions on Glocks. You do have to replace parts sometimes but most problems can be traced to limp wristing. If you hold the gun too loose in your hand, it likely will not cycle properly. We have seen some factory related problems over the years but they have all been easily fixed by sending back to the factory or finding a local Armorer to fix it. Glock is a gun that goes bang every time you pull the trigger so if you are not prepared for that, buy something else. The fool that puts their finger inside the trigger well and wonders how the gun went boom really should not be handling firearms. Just sayin

FROM GLOCK: The warranty will be void if any of the following occur: ... Reloaded, remanufactured, or handloaded ammunition, or ammunition of a different caliber than your GLOCK pistol is used.
    Good thing I only use hard cast bullets instead of lead.

As to reloads every company tells you not to use them or remanufacturered ammo

Top Bottom