• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    For a company that advertise as perfection it sure has a lot of parts that need replaced with aftermarket parts to get that way.

My CZ P10F is better than any Glock 9mm out of the box. Has great chamber support as well.
    I agree, my CZ 75 is hands down a better pistol for me. I switched to glock for competition becaue i can keep a few spare parts and a couple of tools, and take it apart and fix it pretty easy, and parts availability. Can't do that with the CZ, Thats where glock shines for me

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think that making an assertion that is provably untrue and not providing evidence to back it up deserves to have BS called on it. Of course, that seems to be the societal trend lately so maybe it’s ok. Should I be calling it fake news? He just said all he’s doing is bashing, so as I said, I’ll bow out of this “discussion” now.
    So you think they are okay with unsupported chambers?
    I think that making an assertion that is provably untrue and not providing evidence to back it up deserves to have BS called on it. Of course, that seems to be the societal trend lately so maybe it’s ok. Should I be calling it fake news? He just said all he’s doing is bashing, so as I said, I’ll bow out of this “discussion” now.
    I didn't say all I was doing is bashing I am addressing something Glock is truly faulty on and that is chamber support. They need a good bashing if that improves the chamber support of their larger caliber firearms. Again I own a glock but I'm not blinded by fan boy blinders.

glockman49

1911 NUT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Floyd County Indiana
    All semi-autos have some degree of "un-supported" As you can see, aftermarket barrels really don't have that much more, and the drop ins are no more accurate than the OEM. If you want to shoot lead, then an aftermarket is a good choice because it's way easier to clean than the OEM and the build up is not an issue. I found this pic of some name brand oem barrels to compare to Glock. Partiallyunsupportedchambers.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Like I said kkm or LW barrel will fix a glock chamber support problem. Just another add on to a glock to make it a good gun. Because out of the box it's absolutely horrible. Thus the flooded aftermarket add on for glocks flourishes. Replace the barrel, trigger, sights, and recoil rod and spring and you have a good Glock.
    Wow dad, sounds like you got a big ol' rotten case of GDS?

It's a shame the numbers don't agree with you. :dunno:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Like I said kkm or LW barrel will fix a glock chamber support problem. Just another add on to a glock to make it a good gun. Because out of the box it's absolutely horrible. Thus the flooded aftermarket add on for glocks flourishes. Replace the barrel, trigger, sights, and recoil rod and spring and you have a good Glock.
    This is akin to saying the 1022 sucks because there is such a large aftermarket for parts.
    I'm not a Glock fan boy, yes I own a few. I dont shoot lead, and I don't make hot reloads, never had an issue

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Never heard the unsupported chamber issue called the Glock smile. This is what I thought was the Glock smile. View attachment 106035
    I wonder if the "Glock smile" terminology has changed over the years?

Some years back, when we all carried 1911's, a fellow INGOer sold me a bag of 45 brass warning that some had been fired in a Glock and might have "glock smile."

Fast forward to the modern day, gent that sold me a Gen5 G45 said the only indicator that it wasn't brand new was the "glock smile." ...

Attachments

• 20210101_192939_resized.jpg
      20210101_192939_resized.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 5

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Never heard the unsupported chamber issue called the Glock smile. This is what I thought was the Glock smile. View attachment 106035
    I wonder if the "Glock smile" terminology has changed over the years?

Some years back, when we all carried 1911's, a fellow INGOer sold me a bag of 45 brass warning that some had been fired in a Glock and might have "glock smile."

Fast forward to the modern day, gent that sold me a Gen5 G45 said the only indicator that it wasn't brand new was the "glock smile." ...
    This is what the "smile" always ment to me, especially on a Sig (from Sigforum)

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I blew one up. Gen 5 19. Glock blamed the ammo as being old and out of spec. They replaced the frame and sent it back for 100 bucks. They told me they get a few a week. I know it was a fluke but I never shot that one again. Told the story to a young guy and he bought it. That was over a year ago. I just bought a new 19 mos to replace it New Year's Eve. I will have to get the pictures off the storage thingy and figure out how to post them here.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is akin to saying the 1022 sucks because there is such a large aftermarket for parts.
    I'm not a Glock fan boy, yes I own a few. I dont shoot lead, and I don't make hot reloads, never had an issue
    I don't shoot lead or run hot loads and have had issues with my Gen 3 Glock 20.

Big difference between lead and hard cast. However, some of you seem to not know the difference.

Top Bottom