• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I spoke with their customer service manager back on October 16. He said they were overwhelmed by the success of the promotion and had about 6000 more participants than they expected. He said on 10/16 they expected to chip out the cans in the next 60 days.

That is quicker than I actually expected!!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I spoke with their customer service manager back on October 16. He said they were overwhelmed by the success of the promotion and had about 6000 more participants than they expected. He said on 10/16 they expected to chip out the cans in the next 60 days.

That's good news, hopefully we will see them soon then! I talked to the the owner of my LGS today and he said that they sold just shy of 50 SilencerCo cans for the promo but haven't received any from the second wave yet.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    That's good news, hopefully we will see them soon then! I talked to the the owner of my LGS today and he said that they sold just shy of 50 SilencerCo cans for the promo but haven't received any from the second wave yet.

Good. Now I can get my stamp paid for before all these BOGO cans hit the NFA

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Good. Now I can get my stamp paid for before all these BOGO cans hit the NFA

It's going to slow things down that is for sure! Heck I already think it'll bog a bit when they hit the first go around summer sales I don't think are ever that high, usually those are the months they are catching up on form processing it would seem.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    UPDATE: Contacted Silencer Co yesterday to see why I had not heard anything. On October 16, they said it would be 60 days. As of today, it was 90 days. Got a response form them. They started shipping out the free suppressors in October, but do not expect to have all the orders filled until the end of May!

Also part of the delay? Government shutdown closed the NFA branch so Silencer Co cannot even ship out because they cannot process the forms that allow them to ship to dealers.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    UPDATE: Contacted Silencer Co yesterday to see why I had not heard anything. On October 16, they said it would be 60 days. As of today, it was 90 days. Got a response form them. They started shipping out the free suppressors in October, but do not expect to have all the orders filled until the end of May!

Also part of the delay? Government shutdown closed the NFA branch so Silencer Co cannot even ship out because they cannot process the forms that allow them to ship to dealers.

Government regulations :toilet2:

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    NFA just cashed my check today :yesway: I would hope that means someone is working.

ATF checks are cashed by a third party, I believe Bank of America, and then the paperwork is forwarded to ATF. I believe that’s how it works. Of course they want your money.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I got the email too. At least they are apologizing. Worst part is, once the free can is in, THEN we get to start the paperwork waiting game. At least our “buy one” suppressors will be out of NFA jail before our “get one” suppressors arrive at dealer! Lol. I hope.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’m really not upset in the end. It is a free suppressor and I was about to buy one anyways. Rofl

Top Bottom