• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Full frame? Have it milled out so there is room for the magazine and the fire control parts inside the frame. :):

Haha yes I thought it would be cheaper to get a chunk of steel, purchase a 5-axis CNC machine, and Get my FFL-07... Full frame, as in large frame. Appreciated the laugh IndyDave1776!

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Lots of good advice so far. Going in blind, I would say as you listed them OP in the order you listed (whether you meant to or not)

I think I subconsciously listed them in that order... I am leaning towards the Glock 17 or 34 in 9mm. I do need to go and give the S&W M&Ps a fair shake though.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Oh sure there is. Only one person claims this 92...

b35cd1e8977a85a1d5590fe2a42889f6.jpg

Ain't got nothing on this.....

tumblr_ml2m6wkWyh1rubnq0o1_1280.jpg

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I think I subconsciously listed them in that order... I am leaning towards the Glock 17 or 34 in 9mm. I do need to go and give the S&W M&Ps a fair shake though.

If your leaning towards Glock I'd recommend the 17. It will do about everything a 34 will. And there are way more holster options (I use to have a 35 when USPSA had like only 3 divisions, so trust me I know)

As far as sights I say this as a LE Trainer. Night Sights are overated (unless one anticipates shooting at muzzle flases your gonna ID your target in the dark first but that's a whole other thread lol) and fiber optics are way more durable than the internet says. I put Ameriglow fiber/tritium combos on my Glocks and M&P's and they are nice. But I'd put on (and am in the process of ordering them)

I'd recommend Dawson Precision adjustable set.

https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of...-adjustable-sight-set-black-rear-black-front/

Good luck

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Give the FN line a look. FNS, striker fired and FNX hammer. Good bang for the buck.

Obligatory CZ push. Great guns.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    For something completely different, take a look at a IWI Jericho 941, a bit heavy, but IMHO there isn't a better full size 9mm around

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Just get a cz75. I've got Glocks, Smith's, a Colt, everyone enjoys the cz. It is the only pistol that people ask to shoot again. I don't think I've found a more pleasurable range gun, and a trip to Cajun gun works apparently makes them even better.

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    If your leaning towards Glock I'd recommend the 17. It will do about everything a 34 will. And there are way more holster options (I use to have a 35 when USPSA had like only 3 divisions, so trust me I know)

As far as sights I say this as a LE Trainer. Night Sights are overated (unless one anticipates shooting at muzzle flases your gonna ID your target in the dark first but that's a whole other thread lol) and fiber optics are way more durable than the internet says. I put Ameriglow fiber/tritium combos on my Glocks and M&P's and they are nice. But I'd put on (and am in the process of ordering them)

I'd recommend Dawson Precision adjustable set.

https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of...-adjustable-sight-set-black-rear-black-front/

Good luck

Thanks ECS686! It might come down to how much cash I have leftover after I turn loose of one of my ARs. I'd like to have enough to do a trigger and sights.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I sincerely appreciate all the recommendations! I'm going to check out the CZs this week and do a better comparison to the Glock 17.

There is zero comparison. They both shoot 9mm and that is the extent of a fair comparison. The rest is preferential/role specific. A cz and a glock will do everything the other will do, but in completely different ways. It is like trying to compare a luxury car to an economy car, or compare a work truck to a econo car. Answer a few important questions.

Do I want to carry it? Yes - Glock has endless holster options and plastic is much nicer to carry than a heavy 75 with far fewer holster options
    Do I want to have lots of easy upgrades? Glock parts are everywhere, cz's are extremely specialized and will require ordering from 2 or 3 good vendors
    Do I want plastic or metal? glock plastic, cz metal
    Hammer or striker?
    Do I want a lot of magazines? Glock - cheap and abundant Cz- expensive and specialized

Both will be more accurate than you are right out of the box, both will run, both are about the same cost, both are very nice. The cz will get more looks, and will attract more "range friends".

Personally I think everyone should own a glock, cz75, and a 1911. The holy trinity. Knowing how to shoot a glock well seems like a no brainer, they are everywhere and shtf, they will likely be what you find scavenging. CZ 75's are super shooters, lots of fun, and just feel so nice. The 1911 is just a staple of American gun lore, they will make you a better shooter even if we think they are kind of out of date heavy and mildly cumbersome compared to the first two.

I am a strong believer in caliber diversity. CZ for 9mm fun, Glocks for 40 and 357 carry, and 1911 in 45 for learning.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There is zero comparison. They both shoot 9mm and that is the extent of a fair comparison. The rest is preferential/role specific. A cz and a glock will do everything the other will do, but in completely different ways. It is like trying to compare a luxury car to an economy car, or compare a work truck to a econo car. Answer a few important questions.

Do I want to carry it? Yes - Glock has endless holster options and plastic is much nicer to carry than a heavy 75 with far fewer holster options
    Do I want to have lots of easy upgrades? Glock parts are everywhere, cz's are extremely specialized and will require ordering from 2 or 3 good vendors
    Do I want plastic or metal? glock plastic, cz metal
    Hammer or striker?
    Do I want a lot of magazines? Glock - cheap and abundant Cz- expensive and specialized

Both will be more accurate than you are right out of the box, both will run, both are about the same cost, both are very nice. The cz will get more looks, and will attract more "range friends".

Personally I think everyone should own a glock, cz75, and a 1911. The holy trinity. Knowing how to shoot a glock well seems like a no brainer, they are everywhere and shtf, they will likely be what you find scavenging. CZ 75's are super shooters, lots of fun, and just feel so nice. The 1911 is just a staple of American gun lore, they will make you a better shooter even if we think they are kind of out of date heavy and mildly cumbersome compared to the first two.

I am a strong believer in caliber diversity. CZ for 9mm fun, Glocks for 40 and 357 carry, and 1911 in 45 for learning.
    I agreed with everything, until you started talking about .40 Short & Weak. :cool:

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    My next purchase is going to be a CZ-PO7, considering I want a slightly smaller footprint to conceal than the full sized CZ-PO9 version. I also prefer hammer fired guns with a single/ double action, but that's personal preference obviously and the main reason why I'm going with a CZ.

The one I'm opting for is suppressor ready with the raised sights and a threaded barrel. I personally think that's a hell of a value for ~ $500. I won't have a suppressor for mine right away, but I've convinced myself to get that version to suite my future needs/ wants. If you partner either of these models up with the Cajun gun works kit you'll have one hell of an amazing shooting platform. IMO.

I also vote CZ. Any model really.

Top Bottom