Best shooting 9mm I have.

LtPjX5i.jpg

Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    ...really love my Canik TP9SF. 18+1 capacity, 2500ish rounds through it without a hiccup. Target ammo i've used magtech, perfecta, and wolf steel stuff. Defensive all I've used is Federal 124gr HST.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You'll have a hard time finding a nicer and smoother full sized handgun than a beretta 92, for under $700. And a harder time finding something you'll shoot better.

KT7PJUy.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You'll have a hard time finding a nicer and smoother full sized handgun than a beretta 92, for under $700. And a harder time finding something you'll shoot better.

KT7PJUy.jpg

Believe it or not I don’t shoot the 92 or for that matter the Sig 226 very well. Don’t get me wrong they are very accurate, smooth and reliable. I can shoot them, I just can’t run them. Get what I am saying? The triggers are just to far away for my stumpy little finger.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Forget the plastic guns and get a CZ75 B or perhaps a 1911. JMHO

1. This CZ (mine was an Omega version) changed everything for me!

2. That was the gun where I first realized I preferred all-metal, trigger and a thick grip in my guns, and was a segue into the CZs for me.

KT7PJUy.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    1. Even this got my attention at Hoosier Armory:

convert

$600
    USED - CZ 75 Compact Pistol,
    9MM,
    2-14Rd Mags,
    Wood Grips,
    Night Sights

I'm torn on the compact CZs because I love the all steel design of the 75 Compact and prefer the look of the P-01 pictured. (it's like a baby SP-01). Why can't they make the P-01 in all steel??

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I'm torn on the compact CZs because I love the all steel design of the 75 Compact and prefer the look of the P-01 pictured. (it's like a baby SP-01). Why can't they make the P-01 in all steel??

https://oakhillguns.com/cz-75-9mm-compact-rail.html
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797224007

I believe these were a limited run, but I know they are out there. I'm pretty sure a couple people on this site have one actually.

EDIT: I misread your first sentence so this likely doesn't apply.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I look every day on their website and have been seeing that for a long time now: I'll be they'd deal on it if someone offered.

Injess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Columbus
    Have to agree with all the other posts about the beretta 92 and if you're looking to be well under your budget I wouldn't overlook the Taurus PT92 either. Lots of people bad mouth Taurus but when I shot it side by side with a Beretta M9A3, accuracy groups were identical. The Beretta's do have smoother triggers.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Have to agree with all the other posts about the beretta 92 and if you're looking to be well under your budget I wouldn't overlook the Taurus PT92 either. Lots of people bad mouth Taurus but when I shot it side by side with a Beretta M9A3, accuracy groups were identical. The Beretta's do have smoother triggers.

1. The Beretta is what got me onto the all-metal heavy hammer-fired 9mms. The CZ 75B sealed the deal and changed my life forever. :)
    2. I bought a mail-order one for around $325 but it was not as described. Almost bought one on Armslist for $400 and at the LGS for the same, but didn't since I have the legendary (for me at my level) CZ Shadow 2 (which I love everything but the Urban Grey color): I was sooo close on either one though. I have shot 3 different Berettas (2 were range rentals).
    3. I see them for $400 alot here and there, but they are usually just service revolvers, and I'd rather have one from an individual.
    4. Could have bought one from Chris, the owner of a LGS that he just had sitting as a bedroom drawer gun, but he wanted $500 for it (perfect profile, though).
    5. Just this week, one sold for $330 at the same LGS that I look at quickly, but fought the urge b/c of not only the Shadow 2 but the Bersa Pro XT both shoot better in my hands.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom