• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I just read the thread about using brake rotors for targets, and it got me thinking. What do other INGO members use as fun things to shoot? Personally, I use just about anything I can get my hands on, from milk jugs to coffee cans, water and soda bottles, etc. I also bought a box of partially used spray paint cans at a local auction for $3 just to shoot them up. Let me tell you, so far, those are my favorite. Being under pressure, they give a pretty good reaction. Plus, they color the backstop! I like shooting at things like this because, although shooting a sub .5" group on paper is very satisfying, it can get rather dull. So what do you all shoot at?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    put those pain cans next to some canvas, shoot em up and I bet you can get a huge art grant and make a ton of money

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    I just read the thread about using brake rotors for targets, and it got me thinking. What do other INGO members use as fun things to shoot? Personally, I use just about anything I can get my hands on, from milk jugs to coffee cans, water and soda bottles, etc. I also bought a box of partially used spray paint cans at a local auction for $3 just to shoot them up. Let me tell you, so far, those are my favorite. Being under pressure, they give a pretty good reaction. Plus, they color the backstop! I like shooting at things like this because, although shooting a sub .5" group on paper is very satisfying, it can get rather dull. So what do you all shoot at?

I have only shot 2 times so far and my boyfriend and I just shot at some clay pigeons, and put up some paper targets. We just threw them across the creek and then shot at them. The fun part was when some of the clay pigeons would fall into the creek or near the water. The one time I was not paying attention while my boyfriend was shooting and then I heard him say, "holy crap", then I turned around and it was raining mud!! He got me covered. I think he did that on purpose! LOL.

Shooting at spray cans sounds interesting!! I will have to tell my boyfriend about that! :D

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Old hard drives (fun target, plus it helps "protect" any info on them before you throw them away lol) I keep all the cans I open (ie beans, fruit salad, etc) when making dinner and put them out back, expired fire extinguishers, honestly, pretty much anything I think would be fun to shoot. My daughter had some old dollar store barbies with legs falling off, she asked if she could shoot them with her 10/22....that was fun lol

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I had my friends with small kids save me their plastic easter eggs. Fill one side with flour and seal the two halves with scotch tape. Hit it with an AR and you have a nice flour burst. :yesway:

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    We've used frozen water balloons hung from a string, size based on shooter's skill level. Flour filled medicine bottles & film containers work well also. CD's that are too scratched.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    My wife went to the thrift store and bought me a Baggie full of padlocks they didn't have the key/combo to anymore. My son and I zip tie them to a piece of plywood and shoot them with our 308's. The cheapie ones fly apart but masterlock's are quite tough.

Top Bottom