• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    If you`re right, then, if, you realize that we are government, I`d say we`re losers as well...

Quite so, gregr!! Average dollar-using citizens get screwed twice: as taxpayers who'll have to eventually cover the gov't bailout, and as dollar-users that must face the increased money-printing / inflation to allow the gov't to do the bailout! Garrrrghhh ... but that's enough of politics & economics, I'm new here and don't want to get (any further) all serious off the bat!

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    Their pricing was atrocious. Gun cases for double the price of any online retailer. Ammo? Tula for $.50/rd? Give me a break. The Avon store was always a ghost town, because folks can do math. Just like Marsh.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Went and walked around the Greenfield store the other day to see if anything said buy me. Looked at a few tents, they were 30% off and looked at some Voorhees that were 40% off. Still left empty handed. Guns only 10% off but still stupid high even after the discount.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I just got another email saying they are having a total liquidation sales at all stores to prepare for an all new gander mountain. Camping world must have plans which would explain why the prices aren't coming down at all

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I was at the Castleton store yesterday. All the gun/tactical stuff is only 10% off. Not a deal at all since their normal prices can be 20% more than elsewhere. The best deals were 30% off outerwear and close out items. I will be more interested when they expand the discounts as they get closer to closing their doors.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, I visited the Lafayette store a few times, didn't buy much as prices were way too high. I really hated it when the Lafayette store replaced the Sportsman guide (I think that was the name) as the old store carried a LOT of reloading equipment and supplies and GM didn't carry any. There really is no store (except Lafayette Gun Shops) that carry powder, primers, dies etc. in my area. So I have been purchasing all of the hazardous material from Gun Shows. I hope the GM stores are replaced by a Gun oriented chain store that does carry reloading supplies and firearms for a reasonable cost. The remainder of the items I need/want I can purchase online, but powder hazardous freight fees are too high unless you purchase $1,000 or so at a time. Seemed to me that GM wanted to sell camping gear and clothing more than firearms and related items.

Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    Some Gander Mountain stores in Michigan may survive nationwide closings | MLive.com

Looks like they're not ALL closing ... but discussions with leasing agencies & landlords (as gregr & I had touched on) will help determine which stores remain. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that GM had allowed itself to overpay on long-term rents in most locations; a corporate bankruptcy & restructuring and negotiating leverage in the pinched retail real estate market might be the thing to bring down their fixed costs and remain in business.

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    I didn't see it mentioned but I was able to use my military discount on top of the clearance prices at the greenwood store so I ended up with 20% off instead of 10. I just told the cashier that a manager told me I could use it on top of clearance price and they rung it up without issues.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I just received this from the Murat Shrine:
    All Nobles & Ladies,

We have been advised that all Gander Mountain Gift Cards must be used by May 18, 2017. After that date they will be void.

As you may know Camping World was chosen as the winning bidder at a bankruptcy auction for certain assets of Gander Mountain and its Overton's boating business. Simultaneously, a group of liquidators were chosen as the winning bidder to be retained as the agent for Gander Mountain to conduct liquidation sales. Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World stated: The Gander Mountain and Overton customers and their affinity to the outdoor lifestyle are the perfect complement to our Camping World business.

In an article printed on 5- 6-17 at 10:32 pm it was reported by writer Jason Sealock that "News reports falsely stated that all stores were closing and going out of business.

"New Owner says not true"

He further stated on twitter that the stores in Indiana that will remain open after the liquidation process and rent renegotiations as of Saturday, May 6, 2017, will be the following: Avon, Greenwood and Fort Wayne stores.

The Sportsman's Raffle Committee is staying in touch with the Gander Mountain Staff and at the same time are looking at other sources of possible suppliers to protect our Sportsman's Raffle event.

As of today, Monday, May 8, 2017 we will no longer be awarding any gift cards to sellers for the 2017 Sportsman's Raffle, but will award prizes of $35.00 each in lieu of the gift cards as stated on the Seller's Yellow Ticket.

We will keep you informed as we become aware of any new information.

Yours in the faith,

Arthur B. Borton
    Illustrious Potentate

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Tried to use my reward certificates today at Fort Wayne and they wouldn't accept them. Lady gave me a number to call, but I'm sure I'll get nothing out of it. I thought they was suppose to be just like a gift card.

Top Bottom