• ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    "Anybody optimistic that the prices will be better on guns?

Nope. Don't care. They were not just overpriced on guns, they were overpriced on everything in the store.
    IF (big if) you found something on sale with 25%+ off, then you were getting close.

I would rather support my fellow INGOers and buy in the classifieds or support my LGS than the big box stores anyways.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nope. Don't care. They were not just overpriced on guns, they were overpriced on everything in the store.
    IF (big if) you found something on sale with 25%+ off, then you were getting close.

I would rather support my fellow INGOers and buy in the classifieds or support my LGS than the big box stores anyways.

^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

I agree in principal BUT... Supporting some of my fellow INGO'ers cost more than buying at Gander.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I was only in there maybe twice when I was looking for something specific that I could not find....I seriously doubt I will be visiting if they reopen....Seems overpriced to me and the employees in the firearms section were not overly friendly or helpful...pass

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    On the Earth Adventures topic, I think it's genuinely one of Fort Wayne's best kept secrets.

Was just talking with the owner this week. Seems as though the secret part is a hurdle to overcome. Great shop and if you don't see what you want they can order it.

They will also do FFL transfers.

Last edited:

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I agree in principal BUT... Supporting some of my fellow INGO'ers cost more than buying at Gander.

I wasn't suggesting to overpay, I just prefer to give my $$ to the little guys when it makes sense. Quite honestly though, I have had a good experiences buying on the INGO classifieds.
    My last two acquisitions were from there and the prices were below what I could find anywhere else including GunBroker.

As for high prices on the INGO Classifieds...that is another thread altogether. Caveat Emptor!

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I wonder if they will still have those giant climbing walls in the middle of the store? Be a good place for drop tests on firearms you might want to buy, hehe.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Meh...Ive always found GM to be hard to shop at. At least the couple Ive been to. Im not sure whos worse, GM or Cabelas.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    About the only great deals that I got at the old Gouger Mountain was when they were going out of business and had 60% off on ammo. I doubt the new place will be much better than the old.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    About the only great deals that I got at the old Gouger Mountain was when they were going out of business and had 60% off on ammo. I doubt the new place will be much better than the old.

I seldom bought ammo at GM unless they had .22 CCI MiniMags for $7.50 per hundred and I bought a 1,000 rd case of Federal LC .556 for $270 on sale at the Greenwood store.
    I'll give them this though... They had about every caliber known to man but you sure had to pay for it.

Top Bottom