• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    So yer saying that if we want to take a gander at something outdoors, we should look elsewhere? Kinda makes you wonder when a store goes bankrupt from a certain business model , gets bought up , remade and then opens with the same overpriced stuff that did it in the first time.

indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    I'm happy the Gander in Greenfield is going to open back up. I scored a some pretty good deals in the place and the guys were friendly and knew guns. They weren't pushy.

Mostly I like it because it's just a few minutes away so grabbing ammo, fishing supplier, clearance camo or hunting equipment could be fairly easily scored.

Probably will make it to the castleton location tonight or next weekend. Just need to see how everything plays out.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So yer saying that if we want to take a gander at something outdoors, we should look elsewhere? Kinda makes you wonder when a store goes bankrupt from a certain business model , gets bought up , remade and then opens with the same overpriced stuff that did it in the first time.

Actually I went in there Saturday while in Castleton and I was pretty surprised. Their prices now are worlds apart from what they were before. I went to the Glocks first as those are usually a good barometer of what the prices will be and they were very similar to what i've seen at many local LGS's. I looked at a nice Howa 6.5C Chassis rifle that was priced as good as Buds. Even the ammo was surprising, the FMJ target ammo like Win white box was on par with Walmart and the Rem UMC was even cheaper. Accessories weren't bad, 25.00 for a standard G17 mag, cheaper than i've seen at a lot of other places.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    I was never a big shopper at Gander Mountain even though their Hilliard, OH store was right around the corner from my apartment when I lived there. The prices were just too high and they didn't have anything to distinguish themselves from other outdoors stores. Maybe Camping World's execs can retool their business model and make the Gander division profitable. They really don't have to be a sector leader since they'll be a small part of the overall Camping World organization, but they do have to earn enough revenue to justify their existence. I don't expect to see the same old Gander Mountain since that was a dud of a business and everyone knows it. If I see one open in my area (tri-state greater Cincinnati) I may stop in just out of curiosity.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I just received a mailer with $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase. The fine print says "Gander Outdoors reserves the right to exclude certain products from this promotion". Has anyone been successful in redeeming the coupon on ammunition?

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I stopped in Gander Outdoors that opened in Fort Wayne on Friday. It looks like they are still stocking their inventory because there were gaps in their shelves. I was impressed from what I saw. Pricing was much better than Gander Mountain days. Just some examples. Springfield Range Officer Elite target $959. Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6X $329. Hodgdon CFE Pistol $21.99. Their grand opening isn't until March 17 so we will see how good their sales are.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I stopped in Gander Outdoors that opened in Fort Wayne on Friday. It looks like they are still stocking their inventory because there were gaps in their shelves. I was impressed from what I saw. Pricing was much better than Gander Mountain days. Just some examples. Springfield Range Officer Elite target $959. Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6X $329. Hodgdon CFE Pistol $21.99. Their grand opening isn't until March 17 so we will see how good their sales are.

How was their reloading section? Gander Mountain always had good prices on their pistol powders, but were high on rifle powders

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    How was their reloading section? Gander Mountain always had good prices on their pistol powders, but were high on rifle powders

It was pretty small right now. They had about 10 different powders and very limited on primers, small rifle only and sold in 100 CT packs. I hear that they won't be fully stocked for a few months due to opening so many stores at once. I don't think they will ever have a huge selection but as long as keep main components in inventory at reasonable prices I will be back.

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    Gander mountain was a little high on price but I still like to shop there. Plus I hate seeing people lose jobs & empty building. Hope they reopen n terre haute

Top Bottom