• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The new chain is Gander Outdoors and their color theme is now light blue. The new website is Ganderoutdoors.com. Marcus Lomonis of Camping World and the show “The Profit” is the owner of all of it. Check out the website, interesting.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I just looked at the glock selection on the website. Looks like the pricing is pretty standard instead of the overinflated gander mountain pricing of old.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I used to go to GM during my lunch hour sometimes just to look. Never bought anything there and won't ever if they do open this May. Will still go "lookin" there sometimes. I like the LGS Wrigley Sales on Lima Road in Fort Wayne. Prices seem pretty good because I bought three handguns there in the last two years. Tomlinson's in Churubusco is really good for reloading. I buy all of my brass at BK Bullets in Peru.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    If you are a Trump supporter and spend money there please send a thank you note to the CEO thanking him for reopening the store and telling him you are going to shop at his store in spite of his statement that trump supporters are not welcome there.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That's good to here. I assume it's at the same location.

Yep, just north of Castleton Square Mall.

They had a particularly wide selection of things. Assorted 1911s, Glocks, the other popular nines, ARs, shotguns, etc. On the more interesting side, they had several FN 5.7s, a PS90, a Tavor and several SCARs.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Gander was like any other store. Good prices on a few pieces. You just have to shop around.
    I miss the one in Greenwood.

Ditto.. I can't believe that Castelton is a better market than Greenwood. I know the Carmel Point Blank's volume is considerably less than Greenwood. I didn't buy much there but would consider them if their prices and attitude has changed. If we were to get really lucky Cabelas would reopen the store in Greenwood but in today's market I'm honestly surprised that any of them are reopening.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member, [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I asked about the Greenwood store and the answer I got from the Castleton store owner, there is a Camping World store already there and it didn’t make sense to have both.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I need some 4 or 6 pound green fishing line. Hmmmm. Can not be extremely more expensive than other store if I am going to buy it anyway. Cabela’s is just down the road but they seem to be more expensive than most places. I just need a couple small spools for a couple of ultra lights before the spring melt is under way.

Might be worth a trip trip off the highway. No worse than buying it at a Walmart after all.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I know the Carmel Point Blank's volume is considerably less than Greenwood.

They installed a people counter in the foyer. Then they complained that Carmel's headcount was below the other stores, specifically Greenwood.

They built the store in a business/office park! :D

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They installed a people counter in the foyer. Then they complained that Carmel's headcount was below the other stores, specifically Greenwood.

They built the store in a business/office park! :D

It is a little convoluted to try and get there, definitely not that convenient.

Top Bottom