• I Grill with

• Total voters

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only use for propane around here is to fuel the turkey fryer.

The convenience argument is all but dead since these came along:
    Z2ySb58O3djfnzlBoufyxhD4cpNm-GQB7bHRjfjEIxLP5CxCv1yo68aFhljdksKLwynfCg5sfsfKRD0a1rtY3DJI_zbIXJg4CBrpPc2zFaKVopLES4tbuSB06dsjC7WOzJWjDa56rJEhK-QDtxwLYXfSSqJR7FB1kbnwCYVni3NftMka31gmFDKjYw9UDu4vrNvzUTtBWDifXywvyg

Two wadded up pieces of newspaper and 15 minutes and you are dumping perfectly started coals into the grill. No starter fluid needed.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

Z2ySb58O3djfnzlBoufyxhD4cpNm-GQB7bHRjfjEIxLP5CxCv1yo68aFhljdksKLwynfCg5sfsfKRD0a1rtY3DJI_zbIXJg4CBrpPc2zFaKVopLES4tbuSB06dsjC7WOzJWjDa56rJEhK-QDtxwLYXfSSqJR7FB1kbnwCYVni3NftMka31gmFDKjYw9UDu4vrNvzUTtBWDifXywvyg

Two wadded up pieces of newspaper and 15 minutes and you are dumping perfectly started coals into the grill. No starter fluid needed.
    ^^^this. just had smoked brisket for dinner tonight (it's charcoal too, but i'm thinking of adding an electric element for easier temp control.)

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.

These starters are great!:yesway:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    those people that say gas for convenience are full of hogwash! if your using both types properly they should be ready at the same time. you should pre heat your gas grill before cooking, and it takes about the same amount of time as charcoal. the only way I see gas as more convenient is if your cooking for an extended period of time for lots of people with food going on and off all the time.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I can't speak for others, but when I say gas for convenience, it's not about how fast you're ready to cook. It's about moving on after you pull the meat off and not worrying about coals and ash or wasting a good hot fire. When I fire up the charcoal grill, it's usually to cook a bunch of things and enjoy the process. When I use gas, it's because I want to shut it off and go back to whatever I was in the middle of doing when I lit the grill.

Top Bottom