• ...and so much more!
  • I Grill with

• Total voters

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    my grill is gas if i could start it faster it would be charcoal, my smoker is wood charcoal only. nothing like a slow smoked rack of ribs..or pork loin

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Charcoal all the way...

brisk2.jpg

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I use gas & the charcoal Weber, just depends on what I'm cooking & how much time I have. Lately I've found that I can fire up the Weber almost as fast as the gas using a chimney starter.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I can't vote, I use both depending on the occassion. A quickie burger gets propane, a good cut of steak and I light off the charcoal side. Damn, now I'm getting hungry!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Depends what I'm grilling... Brats and Steaks, I'll do Charcoal. Burgers I do either, and Hot dogs I don't think really matter as much so I use gas. Sometimes I use Gas just out of convenience

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I can't speak for others, but when I say gas for convenience, it's not about how fast you're ready to cook. It's about moving on after you pull the meat off and not worrying about coals and ash or wasting a good hot fire. When I fire up the charcoal grill, it's usually to cook a bunch of things and enjoy the process. When I use gas, it's because I want to shut it off and go back to whatever I was in the middle of doing when I lit the grill.

When I'm done cooking on my Weber, I close the vents and I'm done. The weber seals up tight enough that it kills the coals and there are usually some left which I put back into the chimney starter the next time I need it.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    When I'm done cooking on my Weber, I close the vents and I'm done. The weber seals up tight enough that it kills the coals and there are usually some left which I put back into the chimney starter the next time I need it.

Good to know. Mine won't seal tight. I guess that's an excuse for me to go buy a big green egg!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Good to know. Mine won't seal tight. I guess that's an excuse for me to go buy a big green egg!

Mine probably does due to extensive use over the past couple of years. They get "seasoned" similarly to a cast iron skillet after they've been used quite a bit. They seal up pretty well at that point.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I typically use gas because its quick and easy, BUT I will say this. Last week we grilled out and my grandmothers house, and used a charcoal grill for the first time in a long time. FLAVOR FTW!!!!!

I am now in the market for another charcoal grill to use when we have time because it really is worth it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I typically use gas because its quick and easy, BUT I will say this. Last week we grilled out and my grandmothers house, and used a charcoal grill for the first time in a long time. FLAVOR FTW!!!!!

I am now in the market for another charcoal grill to use when we have time because it really is worth it.

Weber is the only game in town.

Top Bottom