• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    G19 for me ....thinking of getting one of those mck conversions and putting a dot and light on it to keep in the truck that way I'll have something akin to a PCC but not have to drag a rifle in and out of the truck everyday , also I can leave it in the truck and if its stolen I'm not out an actual firearm

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    G19 for me ....thinking of getting one of those mck conversions and putting a dot and light on it to keep in the truck that way I'll have something akin to a PCC but not have to drag a rifle in and out of the truck everyday , also I can leave it in the truck and if its stolen I'm not out an actual firearm

Got one for my Glock 20. It works great. With my reloads and on a rest I'm shooting 2.5-3" 5 shot groups at 50 yards with that set up. I'm using a vortex spitfire 1x prism sight. Thinking about getting the 3x for it. And a venom mounted for quick close up shots. I've been carrying it in my vehicle when I go places.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Got one for my Glock 20. It works great. With my reloads and on a rest I'm shooting 2.5-3" 5 shot groups at 50 yards with that set up. I'm using a vortex spitfire 1x prism sight. Thinking about getting the 3x for it. And a venom mounted for quick close up shots. I've been carrying it in my vehicle when I go places.

Awsome!! That's the kind of thing I had hoped to hear , they have em on bigdaddyunlimeted for under 2 bills, really like the spare mag holder feature on it too

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Awsome!! That's the kind of thing I had hoped to hear , they have em on bigdaddyunlimeted for under 2 bills, really like the spare mag holder feature on it too

Got to really tighten them up with the adjustment screw to hold the magazine in. At least mine had to to hold a 17rd mag of 10mm.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know this thread is a few months old but with all the crap going on I was wondering if anyone updated their set up.

I recently finished customizing an AK pistol. It's an AWS built PM90P kit built on a US made reciever. It has an actual AK rear trunnion on which I installed a Bonesteel M4 folding mechanism that is wearing a SBA3 brace. With a standard slant break it fits nicely into a backpack. I have 5 20rnd mags loaded in there with it along with a G17 and 3 mags. When all this crap started that backpack found it's way into my truck.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I know this thread is a few months old but with all the crap going on I was wondering if anyone updated their set up.

I recently finished customizing an AK pistol. It's an AWS built PM90P kit built on a US made reciever. It has an actual AK rear trunnion on which I installed a Bonesteel M4 folding mechanism that is wearing a SBA3 brace. With a standard slant break it fits nicely into a backpack. I have 5 20rnd mags loaded in there with it along with a G17 and 3 mags. When all this crap started that backpack found it's way into my truck.

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

(That build sounds awesome.)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Ive got a 300blk pdw as my get home now. Also packing an mp2.0 45, a full medkit, and cheap handheld radios with a home base set up. The last two days my house had an internet blackout and complete cell phone blackout (verizon). Getting my GROL and shopping comms.

My current ghg

20200601123553.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Me likey. What bag is this?

It is a Redrock Outdoor Gear Mavrik B35. I got it on sale from Knife Center a couple years ago. It's still available on Amazon but I believe the bag and accessories have been discontinued by Redrock. It was fairly cheap on sale but it's held up well to range use and carries the weight ok. It is not the best bag I own but for what I'm using it for it's perfect. The bag isn't completely ready for prime time though. Need a good trauma kit and a soft plate and it will be 100%

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    To me a 9mm would be a better option. Cons of the AR IMO include, you have to brandish it, potentially a felony assault charge, to have it available quickly, ammo may be harder to come by in some scenarios depending on how far to get home, the AR would have a much louder report if fired, in close quarters the AR could be more challenging, and the 9mm is a lot lighter weight. That being said, the AR is not really a terrible option if you can make it work for you! Great question !

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Because it doesn't perform like a "rifle round" in pistol-length barrels 10" and less. And then one has to get all fiddly picking expanding ammo that works at the lower velocities/shorter barrel lengths, figure out your effective range with the shorter barrel, deal with the muzzle flash/blast, etc. It seems to me like a fairly special purpose setup with the pistol-length barrel.

With a more conventional setup, there's a lot of existing performance data I can leverage without reinventing the wheel myself.

Agreed. If you want something closer to pistol portability, you need something closer to a pistol than a rifle. Long gun rounds don't act like long gun rounds in short guns.

I personally think a great difference-split would be a 10mm in a carbine. More mustard than most pistol rounds, but works great in autoloaders.

If I had the option to do so, I'd go 10mm CMMG Banshee with a G40 sidearm, and 100+ rds of 10mm.

My budget doesn't permit such. So I'm stuck hoping my carry gun can get me home. And having had a gun stolen from my car, I'm not keeping a gun in there anymore.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    To me a 9mm would be a better option. Cons of the AR IMO include, you have to brandish it, potentially a felony assault charge...

Heya - may I inquire as to where you got that idea? To my knowledge, Indiana does not have a crime of "brandishing" nor "felony assault."

:)

Top Bottom