• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is why I don't trust internet product reviews

ha!

My sense is that such a notion in Indiana about "brandishing" and "felony assault" is a bit of LGS lore imported from elsewhere that still gets tossed around.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    One aspect of a get home gun, whatever you choose, is that you must have it with you in order to 'get back home.' That usually means carrying it in your car, in a bookbag or case of some sort. If you don't have it with you when you need it, it counts for nothing.

Personally, I think AR pistols are cool in any caliber, but highly over rated. Low power and high noise make for a big signature when you are trying to sneak around. To get home, you are going to avoid crowds of people, not wade into the zombie apocalypse.

Evade, not engauge. Be the gray man. I would give a full size or near full size 9mm pistol some serious thought here. You can carry extended and spare magazines and it will hide in a lunchbox if you had to bring it to the office.

In closing, I think you can even save some money if you consider things like a Tarus P3 or similar deal from CDNN sports. OTOH, if you just won the lotto, CMMG and others make some sweet stuff for $1,500 or so.

Keep us posted on your search.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My vote is PCC in 9mm. I think a 9mm, especially suppressed, would be a great asset in getting you where you need to go without attracting as much attention if it needs to go bang.

I've recently switched to this line of thinking...a PCC in 9mm to go along with a Glock 17 sidearm...
    That way I can carry one style of magazine and use the same ammo for both.
    While 9mm is not as hard hitting or have the same range as a 5.56, it doesn't need to be a long-range weapon.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I am currently using a 300Blk Pistol with Sig Brace for home defense. It has a 10.5" barrel and suppressor. Looking to add a folding stock. I have been running 220gr Nosler BT and Hornady's new 190gr Sub-X bullets. Red dot and canted iron sights. Has been a tack driver at 25-50 yards.
    I also just finished a 45acp AR build for my truck gun. No suppressor yet, but has a 6" barrel and a Tailhook Mod 2 brace. Runs with 2-26rd and 2-30rd glock mags.
    EDC pistol is an XDm45 w/ extra 16rd mag. Should have more than enough 45acp ammo to get home.

Top Bottom