jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I won't vote for holcolm.
    Write in Jim Lucas? Hell yes.
    The Republican party which needs new leadership all around the country, puts up its party loyal candidates and it knows we.will vote for their Republican because it's the lesser evil. Better than aDemocrat.
    Well what this has gotten us many times is a wolf in sheeps clothing also known as a RINO (Republican in name only).
    I've mocked people in the past for voting libertarian or for write ins. Accusing them of handing it over to a Democrat.
    Maybe that will happen, maybe it wont. But if enough of us do it our guy we vote for may not win but the party will see their party boy is vulnerable! And eventually they will pick true conservative candidates or they'll start losing seats to Democrats. And they dont want that. This is very important to those number boys in the party trust me.

I am DONE voting for the lesser evil. Done. I will only vote for true public servants or candidates who uphold their oath now. Period.
    Holcomb is a piece of crap oath violator.
    If we get a Democrat honestly what worse could happen? Holcolm is anti gun, he is anti personal choice. He is anti cannabis. The guy is a turd.

Many good points here but my fear is that by trying to send a message to Holcomb we shoot ourselves in the foot. If enough vote to do it and leave a crack in the door for another Democrat to steal the office, its only a matter of time before they are going to be strong-armed by the far left. Where I'm at right now I can't see me ever backing ANY Democrat, even on the local level, because of the direction the party is going as a whole. If we get a Democrat, what is the worst that can happen ? I don't want to find out.

On a side note fill me in on the " Holcomb is anti-gun ". I thought his wife was an instructor.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People should probably start nagging their state reps about this. I think Assholcomb doesn't have much choice now that the AG called him out. I think he's gonna have to either nerf his EO on masks or call the session to vote on giving him the power to make not wearing a mask a criminal offense and jail time.

Oh. And I'm not voting for Holcomb. He's not fit to govern if he thinks not wearing a mask is a crime worth 6 months in a coronavirus incubation center otherwise known as jail.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People should probably start nagging their state reps about this. I think Assholcomb doesn't have much choice now that the AG called him out. I think he's gonna have to either nerf his EO on masks or call the session to vote on giving him the power to make not wearing a mask a criminal offense and jail time.

Oh. And I'm not voting for Holcomb. He's not fit to govern if he thinks not wearing a mask is a crime worth 6 months in a coronavirus incubation center otherwise known as jail.

OK who then.....??????

Seriously, who.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK who then.....??????

Seriously, who.

Eh, Al Bundy is always a solid choice but this time I might go for Ron Swanson.

Hey, I'd really rather not have a Democrat in office but it looks to me like we already have one. I haven't surveyed every state's policies yet, but so far Indiana has the strictest mask mandate in the country and the only one to put 6 months in jail on the table. A secret SJW is possibly more dangerous than an open one. Politicians need to know the boundary of what people will tolerate. If I'm the only one voting this way, well, it's status quo. If others agree then a message will be sent. Don't abuse your power or we'll take it away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Hey, I'd really rather not have a Democrat in office but it looks to me like we already have one. I haven't surveyed every state's policies yet, but so far Indiana has the strictest mask mandate in the country and the only one to put 6 months in jail on the table. A secret SJW is possibly more dangerous than an open one. Politicians need to know the boundary of what people will tolerate. If I'm the only one voting this way, well, it's status quo. If others agree then a message will be sent. Don't abuse your power or we'll take it away.

Have you actually looked into this man. Good lord "J" what are you thinking.

No Assholcomb is not what we need but your guy is less of what we need than what we have.
    God here we go again.

Hey folks its your vote but look at what we are all railing against. We get the Gov we vote for. It is way to late in this game to do much but if everyone stays focused is it possible to get rid of enough of those butt brains.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

More dangerous really, because his party probably won't go against him.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I won't vote for holcolm.
    If we get a Democrat honestly what worse could happen? Holcolm is anti gun, he is anti personal choice. He is anti cannabis. The guy is a turd.

The Governors of Minnesota and Oregon are Democrats. Have you been following whats been going on there? (it's a rhetorical question TT) Read what Governor Kate Brown has been up to since assuming the office in 2018: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Brown

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you are going to cast a vote for anyone who has signed onto the platform of the literal Death and Taxes party who are going to destroy the Bill of Rights to make it what they want...why are you even here talking about rights? You won't have any left. If you throw away your vote because of your current hissy fit, you won't have any left. The commies see this as their chance to take it all.

You won't have any of your money left, you won't have any weapons and when you complain you will be loaded into a cattle car for the gulag...if you're lucky; the current trend seems to be to beat you to death where you stand. The hell that is going on in our cities is the hell they would bring to your home. You will be made to care.

But go ahead, vote with petulance, it's your right after all...for now.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Some of you people need to get your heads out of your nether regions.

There are no honest politicians.

When I was on the NRA Board I worked hand in glove with a number of Republican congressmen who also were on the board.

They were thugs. ALL of them. It made me feel dirty to be around them. But the unfortunate reality was that they were thugs who just happened to be on our side and we needed them. This is the world we live in. This the REAL WORLD, not the f**king Land of Oz!!

Vote for a DEMOCRAT instead of Holcomb? SERIOUSLY??????

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Have you paid even a modicum of attention the the Dem thats running.................:faint:

Man you folks make my head spin.

What difference does it make?

Raising taxes, bail out teachers union pensions, not supporting republicans on local elections. He’s pretty democratic so far.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have you actually looked into this man. Good lord "J" what are you thinking.

No Assholcomb is not what we need but your guy is less of what we need than what we have.
    God here we go again.

Hey folks its your vote but look at what we are all railing against. We get the Gov we vote for. It is way to late in this game to do much but if everyone stays focused is it possible to get rid of enough of those butt brains.

What's wrong with Ron Swanson? I'm pretty sure he's opposed to mandating masks.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    God here we go again.

That’s what exactly Holcomb is riding on, why would he give a crap about the people when he’s gonna win the reelection any way.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Quick - name a successful write-in candidate...

Lisa Murkowski, lost her primary in Alaska to some tea-party guy and then won her senate seat back in 2010 on a write-in... with a name like Murkowski

If you're busy, I'd even write in Beowulf.

(This is not an endorsement of the Libertarian Party...there are some things even I will not support).

I'm flattered I made the list. :):

Though, you know we do have a candidate for governor, Donald Rainwater, and he'd make a far better governor than Holcomb, or Lucas for that matter. Just saying.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Holcomb needs to read this thread and see what Hoosiers think of his executive order. And that it's not just the more extreme anti-maskers. His EO was extreme and not something a person fit to govern would try to do.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, enemy of my enemy and all. I don’t usually think that’s a true statement or wise, but I’m pissed enough. I’m in.

I think your squish might have influenced ours, DeWine suddenly moving to statewide masking requirement (without the vile enforcement mechanisms) thursday. Not to be outdone, Witchmer is calling for a nationwide one. I could be wrong about this and would welcome counter-citations, but this is all happening without any quality, quantitative research I'm aware of showing that it will achieve the improvements they are seeking

This then stokes my concern that such research may not exist for the reason that it will not be effective and there will be further steps 'to get things under control'. I don't see every governor as a proto-Whitmer, but I do see that they can be stampeded to do pointless **** (cue the people saying masking isn't pointless because it will have some finite non-zero effect, likely small, on Rzero) because of the drumbeat to do something and the actions of weaker players around them

When I look at the graphical data for the states currently undergoing infection spikes, I can't escape the feeling that this is the initial spike in those states, like the high initial spikes endured earlier by states in the NE. It certainly appears to me that the actions of western states did not avoid the sharp initial peaks so much as time delay them. For east coast states, international travel lit the fuse; for the current problems it may very well have been the protests

Nowhere do I hear anyone seriously ask if the death and hospitalizations among the vulnerable groups can realistically be avoided or if many of these people would have been taken by influenza instead in the absence of WuVid

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Don't talk about it. Do something.

I wrote a variant of the following to both of my State Legislators.

Governor Eric Holcomb announced Wednesday a statewide mask requirement would take effect in Indiana on Monday, July 27. Those who don't follow the order would be charged with a Class B misdemeanor.

Governor Holcomb is neither king, nor czar. This is a republican State, in a greater republic. The executive doesn't get to "make law". I urge you to place Governor Holcomb in his place, as my representative.

The state's attorney general and a local police department have already challenged Governor Eric Holcomb for his plan to charge people who violate the state's impending mask mandate with a crime.

Unless the Legislature, as representatives of the people, vote to authorize the Governor the power to make not wearing a mask a criminal offense and jail time, this cannot be tolerated. Note that should my legislators give the Governor such authorization, I'll deal with that offense in November.

The Indiana Republican party needs to have a hard sit down discussion with Governor Holcomb. He's not fit to govern if he thinks not wearing a mask is a crime worth 6 months in a corona virus incubation center otherwise known as jail. He took an oath to uphold, protect and defend the Constitution. I don't remember anything in those documents which made him king, czar, or emperor.

As my Representative, I ask that you address this NOW!

I'm not a mask fan, but I am not going to deny the science or "common sense". I do however draw the line when "non-compliance" is deemed unlawful. Uh-uh, bridge to far. Sorry guys but your track record so far is pretty abysmal, you don't get to make this sh** up and then make it a crime...

By the way, it MIGHT have been prudent to push the masks and social distancing HARD in March as a necessary voluntary action, rather than shuttering our economy and further impoverishing ourselves.

(apologies to those I plagiarized)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Holcomb needs to read this thread and see what Hoosiers think of his executive order. And that it's not just the more extreme anti-maskers. His EO was extreme and not something a person fit to govern would try to do.
    I just sent him an email he won't bother to read about this. Sent one to my state Senator and Rep as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom