Standard-safety-razor.jpg.cf.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dollar shave club seems to be very popular. That’s gotta have some impact. Also, I imagine Gillette’s wokeness has alienated more than a few loyal customers. So it’s likely a bit of both. Stiff competition along with giving loyal customers a reason to switch.

Besides. WTF were they thinking? Who the hell shaves anymore? Pretty much the unwoke people who might find the campaign against men a bit insulting.

Kirk and I are probably the only INGOers.

And I shave with with an electric on the way to work.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Once I'm done with my current pack of refill blades, I'll be looking at alternatives to Gillette. Like Nike they are on the list of companies I no longer do business with.

I switched to Harry's razors which can be found at walmart and probably other stores too. I actually like them better than the Gillette fusion I used to use. They are cheaper too.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I buy all my Harry's supplies on-line. Their shaving cream is the best. Free shipping. I haven't compared the prices with Walmart, have you?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I buy all my Harry's supplies on-line. Their shaving cream is the best. Free shipping. I haven't compared the prices with Walmart, have you?

I haven't compared prices, i just remembered I needs a new razor the other day at walmart and picked one up. I will compare before I need refills though.

Edit: Just checked and prices are actually the same at walmart and direct from them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not generally one to boycott, but in the past couple of years, there have been a number of companies who've been very public in taking up political sides. So I've adopted the motto, if they're going to pick sides, so will I.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I shave out of habit!

Sometimes I go a day on a weekend without shaving!

Once I get my YouTube channel up and running I will have to grow a beard and get some fake tattoos!

Thats is a bada$$ move for going back to a 1950’s Safety razor, do you wear a fedora as well and carry a snub nose .38 ?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You know, there's something to be said for a wet/dry Panasonic electric razor. Pretty close, comfortable shave. Well. Not that I shave all that often. And it's not made by man-complainers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I shave out of habit!

Once I get my YouTube channel up and running I will have to grow a beard and get some fake tattoos!

Thats is a bada$$ move for going back to a 1950’s Safety razor, do you wear a fedora as well and carry a snub nose .38 ?

Now hold on. BBIs doesn't post here much anymore, let's not get personal.

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Exactly, has anyone who's shaved with both preferred cartridges?
    That and blades are so cheap you can shave with brand new ones every time and you're out like $15 a year.

I learned to shave with whatever Gillette called their 3 blade razor at the time, bought the big economy pack of their replacement heads and everything. Was a few years back I ran into an article on old-style safety razors. I thought it was just for nostalgia until I saw the price of a pack of blades. My family chipped together to buy a razor and a sampler kit of the major blade brands: 3 years later I have only just used up the last few blades shaving once or twice a week and switching blades about once a month. Total blade cost easily under $10. Gillette and its overpriced crap can burn.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I shave out of habit!

As a Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere (made-man in September 2007), I can tell you from experience I was on a similar path for many years. I sported an "out of regs" stache for a year or so, went with a goatee after that. No shave November was a thing in maybe 2014, by 2015 I was full beard until March. November 2017 did the same thing, but haven't shaved since.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I learned to shave with whatever Gillette called their 3 blade razor at the time, bought the big economy pack of their replacement heads and everything. Was a few years back I ran into an article on old-style safety razors. I thought it was just for nostalgia until I saw the price of a pack of blades. My family chipped together to buy a razor and a sampler kit of the major blade brands: 3 years later I have only just used up the last few blades shaving once or twice a week and switching blades about once a month. Total blade cost easily under $10. Gillette and its overpriced crap can burn.

I started the exact same, just used the blade I always saw in commercials. I guess 300 blades for 25 dollars doesn't leave much margin for Astras marketing dept...

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I started the exact same, just used the blade I always saw in commercials. I guess 300 blades for 25 dollars doesn't leave much margin for Astras marketing dept...
    That's the same brand of blades I have right now, for the same reason. Feather or Merkur blades are better, but you can't beat the price of Astra.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom