• ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    [video=youtube_share;7ccdQe1FNWc]https://youtu.be/7ccdQe1FNWc[/video]

Be a distinguished gentleman and learn to use this.
    Smoothest shave ever and it's very relaxing once you get use to it. Won't ever have to buy another razor or blades either.
    “He got a .32 gun in his pocket for fun, he got a razor in his shoe.”

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    IIRC Dollar Shave Club uses Dorco blades & handles, or at least they used to a few years ago. You can go directly to the Dorco site and order them in bulk if you like. I've done this in the past. I kind of trade off between an electric, a safety razor with Astra blades, and the Dorco. Really depends on the type of shave, how much time I have, and how long since I shaved the last time. They all work well for me and none of them are expensive. Also, NONE of them are Gillette or ever will be.

Thanks for that info. I just ordered a razor that looked nice and 25 extra blades to try out once the last of my Gillette refills are used up. $25.50 with free shipping for a razor with 2 blades and a 25 blade refill pack is a good deal to me and will last me at least a couple of months.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I just zipped through a Gillette commercial on the DVR. Instead of an ad attacking men or some guy supposedly teaching his gender-confused kid how to shave it showed a manly looking firefighter using a Gillette razor.

Maybe they're starting to take some heat over their ill-conceived ad policies.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I just zipped through a Gillette commercial on the DVR. Instead of an ad attacking men or some guy supposedly teaching his gender-confused kid how to shave it showed a manly looking firefighter using a Gillette razor.

Maybe they're starting to take some heat over their ill-conceived ad policies.

They're just trying to put out the fire (pun intended) they caused with the last commercial. It's too late.

It's like Mayor Pete buying pizza for the FOP to apologize for throwing SBPD under the train. Too little too late.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...h/news-story/8ae70a5abc31280fc23711dcf7c30e5e
    Gillette's latest ad puts spotlight on local firefighters

Advertising is increasingly the battleground of the culture wars, with big brands like Target, Nike and Starbucks copping backlash, and praise, for taking sides in divisive social and political issues like race, gender and sexuality.
    But by alienating roughly 50 per cent of potential customers, many brands end up taking a hit to their bottom line — “Get woke, go broke.”

Pressed on whether Gillette would continue to talk about divisive issues like toxic masculinity, Mr Airan repeated, “We will continue to represent men at their best. This is our purpose and has been our purpose consistently for 118 years and that is not changing.”

The forces of wokeness, at least at Gillette, appear to be 'advancing to the rear'.

Caveat: It only applies to Australia and NZ and it's from a Murdoch publication

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Too late...
    Many who used their products left and found other products, some better, some cheaper, some new methods (safety razor, straight razor) etc... point is most of those won't be coming back. No need to.

The CEO of Gillette needs to be fired by the board for messing up profits. Your a biz. The ONLY thing you need to focus on is profit, more money, more money! You do that by making a good product, or having your customer think it's a good product or something they cant live without.

You dont enter politics or religion! You are a biz making money! :facepalm:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Too late...
    Many who used their products left and found other products, some better, some cheaper, some new methods (safety razor, straight razor) etc... point is most of those won't be coming back. No need to.

The CEO of Gillette needs to be fired by the board for messing up profits. Your a biz. The ONLY thing you need to focus on is profit, more money, more money! You do that by making a good product, or having your customer think it's a good product or something they cant live without.

You dont enter politics or religion! You are a biz making money! :facepalm:

This. Right. Here. I don't want my corporations lecturing me on how I should believe, or anything else.

Same applies to entertainers. Shut up and sing/dance/act/do whatever you do. Access to an audience and a microphone doesn't give anyone special knowledge or insight. In fact, it seems quite the opposite.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This. Right. Here. I don't want my corporations lecturing me on how I should believe, or anything else.

Same applies to entertainers. Shut up and sing/dance/act/do whatever you do. Access to an audience and a microphone doesn't give anyone special knowledge or insight. In fact, it seems quite the opposite.

Yep. And if I want to hear your opinion Mr/Mrs entertainer, perform at a rally that I am attending and I'll gladly hear you out. If I paid to see you in concert, I want entertained, not lectured. Even too much yapping on what I agree with is still annoying. Shut up and sing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sadly leadership these days is more concerned about how they look on TV that how the company they are making decisions about is doing.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Sadly leadership these days is more concerned about how they look on TV that how the company they are making decisions about is doing.

Sadly, true, in my opinion. It seems that the social responsibility of a corporation has morphed from what we once considered obvious (don't employ underage, underpaid children, don't dump toxic waste in the river, don't allow quid pro quo sexual harassment, etc) to what appears to many of us to be virtue signaling. The CEOs and board members must be surrounded by like-thinking people to the point that there is no one to raise concerns about their economically unwise but "virtuous" decisions, like a razor company denigrating the men who use their products.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dont worry in the end money still talks.
    The $8b loss hurt them and stockholders took notice.
    They keep it up and the stocks of p&g takes a hit and you can bet p&g will smack them silly or sell them off.

Disney is in the same boat right now pandering to the sjw and their star wars movies are flopping badly. Plus a new article from a whistle blower that disney has been padding the books since the star wars purchase.

In the end it's all about money.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I liked Gillette, they have a great product and have used them for many years; until January. I have been using a less expensive product, and although it is not the same quality, it works just fine.

Adios Gillette.........

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I liked Gillette, they have a great product and have used them for many years; until January. I have been using a less expensive product, and although it is not the same quality, it works just fine.

Adios Gillette.........

But...but...... but..
    They said they are sorry... (or did they)
    Come back... IF YOU DO NOT THEN YOU ARE INDEED A TOXIC MALE!!! :rofl:

Top Bottom