Merrillville

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s cheaper in the long run if you just get something like a Remington beard trimmer. Just mow the beard every few days at the lowest setting. Done.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It’s cheaper in the long run if you just get something like a Remington beard trimmer. Just mow the beard every few days at the lowest setting. Done.

I do that and keep a 5 day beard year round because I'm lazy but I still use razors for my neck, else it looks gross and I'm vain

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I have tried Harry’s, Dollar a Day and a few others. IMO, Gillette is smoothest and last longest for me; however, I do t use them. I currently am back to Dollar a Day with 5 blades. I still use my old fashion Murkur razor but it takes longer to shave with it. I hate shaving but my beard is white and rough... makes me look older - I don’t need to look or feel older!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Daily shaver. And I use Dollar Shave Club. I use the Executive, which is $9 a month for a pack of 4 cartridges. One cartridge lasts me 3-4 weeks, so I cut my subscription down to every other month, and they let you choose how often you get them, so once I have about a year or so worth of blades, I just cut my shipments down to a couple times a year.

Very clean, smooth shave, even when using just water, but I usually just use Barbasol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Daily shaver. And I use Dollar Shave Club. I use the Executive, which is $9 a month for a pack of 4 cartridges. One cartridge lasts me 3-4 weeks, so I cut my subscription down to every other month, and they let you choose how often you get them, so once I have about a year or so worth of blades, I just cut my shipments down to a couple times a year.

Very clean, smooth shave, even when using just water, but I usually just use Barbasol.

I'm not sure the name of their blades that I get but they must be the next step down. Mine are 7 bucks for 4 and I also cut down to once every other month and I'm still ending up with a surplus.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do that and keep a 5 day beard year round because I'm lazy but I still use razors for my neck, else it looks gross and I'm vain
    See. You don’t have that problem when you get older. Your neck skin starts getting really lose, and your beard gets kinda white. So if you’re trimming it down to 1/8 inch or less, it doesn’t really show up too bad. And if it does, the grey/white just makes you look “distinguished”.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I'm not sure the name of their blades that I get but they must be the next step down. Mine are 7 bucks for 4 and I also cut down to once every other month and I'm still ending up with a surplus.

That's the only one I haven't tried. I started with the 2 blade model, and that worked fine. I still have it, with an abundance of blades. I keep it in the shower for quick touch ups if I don't feel like a full shave.

My fiance uses them too. She says it's the best razor she's ever used. I got my Dad a starter kit last Father's day. He loves them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [video=youtube_share;7ccdQe1FNWc]https://youtu.be/7ccdQe1FNWc[/video]

Be a distinguished gentleman and learn to use this.
    Smoothest shave ever and it's very relaxing once you get use to it. Won't ever have to buy another razor or blades either.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    IIRC Dollar Shave Club uses Dorco blades & handles, or at least they used to a few years ago. You can go directly to the Dorco site and order them in bulk if you like. I've done this in the past. I kind of trade off between an electric, a safety razor with Astra blades, and the Dorco. Really depends on the type of shave, how much time I have, and how long since I shaved the last time. They all work well for me and none of them are expensive. Also, NONE of them are Gillette or ever will be.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Smoothest shave ever and it's very relaxing once you get use to it. Won't ever have to buy another razor or blades either.

Probably not. Once I bleed out on the bathroom floor there will be no need to shave ever again. :): And for God's sake, don't get rhino interested in this! :runaway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You won't bleed out.
    It does take some time to learn and do it.
    Unless off course you are a girly man. ;)
    I still manage to nick myself occasionally with a multi-blade cartridge razor. I don't have high hopes for a straight razor. A man's gotta know his limits! :):

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

I didnt know they made Hello Kiity straight blades. Where'd you find yours? :laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    O1CN01QDhFVJ1paiBLYXEqC_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Top Bottom